Raider Patches

Author Topic: chrome wheels  (Read 3206 times)

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
Re: chrome wheels
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:45:43 AM »
Ok, so should I just buy the chrome wheels from yamaha? I met the people that make them for yamaha when I went to street vibrations in Reno this year. They said that I could NOT get them directly from them, I had to go through yamaha. Verrrry expensive but I want the look.

If you're going to drop some coin on wheels.... have you looked at RC Component? 
http://www.rccomponents.com/wheelselector/raider.htm

Agreed!!!  I could be off, but from what I've calculated the RC wheels will run me about $4000 after all is said and done.  They are goegeous though.

This is one of the cases where I agree with Bill wrapping it into the whole loan thing right up front.  If I eve buy a new Raider and the finance company will allow it, I'm getting the RC wheels.

I just love the Eclipse Savage.
Home equity loan that way you can write it off also.
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:08:55 AM »
Ok, so should I just buy the chrome wheels from yamaha? I met the people that make them for yamaha when I went to street vibrations in Reno this year. They said that I could NOT get them directly from them, I had to go through yamaha. Verrrry expensive but I want the look.

If you're going to drop some coin on wheels.... have you looked at RC Component? 

Agreed!!!  I could be off, but from what I've calculated the RC wheels will run me about $4000 after all is said and done.  They are goegeous though.

This is one of the cases where I agree with Bill wrapping it into the whole loan thing right up front.  If I eve buy a new Raider and the finance company will allow it, I'm getting the RC wheels.

:rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

Nope.  No plans to do that.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
I also agree. Who ever does PE's chrome does damn good work but Matt can be a pita to deal with if something goes wrong.

Please elaborate.
I was sent warped rotors but did not realize it until I rode the bike. He would not pay for labor or my shipping and would not take blame until they were back in his possession and he had to put them on one of his bikes to try them out before he would send me a new set. My bike was down for quite a while just waitng for him to put them on one of his bikes. Luckily my bike was in the shop for others mods at the same time. And I'm also one of the unlucky customers whose rear wheel weld is pretty obvious. But on a good note the chrome still looks wet after 2 riding seasons.
I had a topic here about bearing failure...that was done by PE...I will say it all turned out ok but it did take a bit of back and forth with Matt b4 it all got settled...that said...I still like the rims I got from him.

bigjohn

« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
come on...is matt the only 'honky on the beach'?  there got to be another wheel splitter in this country..so who is it? big john

08pwraider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »
Wish I could remember who I talked to, but there is a co who makes an OEM 8.5 rear wheel with an order of at least ten. Found them on google .
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 07:07:45 PM by 08pwraider »
GO BIG OR GO HOME

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »

Charge it!!!...man I love plastic...  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »

Charge it!!!...man I love plastic...  ;D

No thanks!  I don't use credit cards that way.

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
hahaha ... financing chrome wheels ... good stuff right there  ;D

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

102~2~113

• Big Brother
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
come on...is matt the only 'honky on the beach'?  there got to be another wheel splitter in this country..so who is it? big john

I know this thread is about chrome wheels.  Didn't see anyone mention Kosman Specialties, I know Kosman does Warrior wheels, not sure about Raiders.
http://kosmanspecialties.com/services/wheel-widening-and-weldups/