Custom Raider

Author Topic: Road Star Bagger Project!!  (Read 22927 times)

strike 3

• Pro-Street Raider ......SMOKK'D.......
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Road Star Bagger Project!!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 10, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
I've been following without comment, but I gotta say this thing is getting me excited! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the rear.   :thumbs:

...and out of context that entire post sounds kinda dirty.   ;D

HHmmmm.... well... ok!!  Ill just take that as a compliment on the bike then! LOL:) 

Dec. 2011

2013 Yamaha Star Motorcycle "Calendar Bike"

Video of Bike...
http://youtu.be/9AChRZqGwx0

ANDY G.

« Reply #76 on: Jan 10, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »
Coming together nicely. :thumbs:   Any idea what color you're going to have it painted?

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jan 10, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Coming together nicely. :thumbs:   Any idea what color you're going to have it painted?

Yes..Im getting there....but just one of those little things that you might have to wait and see! :)

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Jan 10, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »
Nice  - that's cool!  The other red one resembles a Road King...  Should be interesting with the bat wing fairing/ street glide look...   ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013, 12:05:55 AM by Legend »
Knowledge is nothing without execution

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »

Yes..Im getting there....but just one of those little things that you might have to wait and see! :)

:popcorn:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Jan 11, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »
Nice  - that's cool!  The other red one resembles a Road King...  Should be interesting with the bat wing fairing/ street glide look...   ;)

Well..... the raider is not going through another mod phase....that thingto is finished! :) 

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »

Well..... the raider is not going through another mod phase....that thingto is finished! :) 

I hear you on that for the Raider - for clarity, I was talking about the the pics of the red star in this post (resembling a Road King)...and yours here resembling the Sreet Glide.  At some point you're ready to do something different. :)
Knowledge is nothing without execution

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

Well..... the raider is not going through another mod phase....that thing is finished! :) 

I hear you on that for the Raider - for clarity, I was talking about the the pics of the red star in this post (resembling a Road King)...and yours here resembling the Sreet Glide.  At some point you're ready to do something different. :)

Got ya.... Thats own by Bad Dad and its funny you said something.... they are actually redoing that particular bike as we speak.  Its going to have a batwing fairing and front air ride.  Have seen it and it sets about one inch off ground!  They have also put a harley stretched tank on it.... should be done in a few months, gonna look nice!!

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »
Looking good.  Oddly enough I think those wheels look badass in that blue color.  Even though its just tape.  Blue frame/wheels white tins might actually look cool.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
Looking good.  Oddly enough I think those wheels look badass in that blue color.  Even though its just tape.  Blue frame/wheels white tins might actually look cool.

Funny you said that....seeing it.... I thought the same thing in person, it does look cool with the blue. :)

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Jan 14, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »

Funny you said that....seeing it.... I thought the same thing in person, it does look cool with the blue. :)

If nothing else you could always do blue LEDs on the wheels when you're done.  :cheers:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:43:09 AM »
OK guys a few more pics of some updates I'm working on.  Got the rear fender on and mocked up.  I'm going with the Bad Dad setup.  Was going to go the custom route but why.... the Bad Dad setup is a pre-fit item and saved me a ton of time.  Their parts aren't cheap but once on the bike, I saw why they charge what they do... the fender lined up pretty much perfectly and its a nice quality piece.  Those of you that knows fiberglass....they usually don't come "bolt-on" out of the box.  The fender as you can see sets pretty low from the floor.  This is still a safe level in case air ride ever goes out.  One modification that I done to rear is cut the stock oem fender off a little more than they said.  Reason is that you could still see the stock fender on sides once you laid the new fender on.  Didn't like that, cause you would be able to pick up on it later once painted.  Plus after checking with Bad Dad on this....they actually started doing the same thing..so we were cool there.  Still undecided on bags at this point for several reasons, (speakers, latch, latch less, lids???)  so I will take my time at this point and make sure I cover all my options.  While that's happening, I'm doing alot of small details you really cants see...taking off and repainting small brackets, re-modified the choke holder.  Finally got side cover done on non carb side.... relocated the stock fuel pump, so those pics will follow once back on bike.  Swapped out stock headlight for an Adjure, went with a blue dot tribar with pilot light.  Will get a close up of this later...that pilot light is pretty wild looking.   All brake and throttle lines were replaced with those new lines called "black pearl"....they are really sharp!  Also what you'll see below is hand controls.  I like to try and use the factory items when ever possible....just with a little twist.  SO, Ive cut and reshaped the stock controls below, had the top res. cover milled so the words are no longer there and cut down as much as I could go.  Also been sanding on them to give them a more smoother rounded look.  Once controls are blacked out...I think they will look fine.  I wont be running a mirror on these, so those "large" threaded holes will be taken care of! :)   Excuse the pics...they were done by cell phone.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2013, 07:53:56 AM by strike 3 »

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

strike 3

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:46:48 AM »

If nothing else you could always do blue LEDs on the wheels when you're done.  :cheers:

Biker..... I know,  the "wheels" are already turning! :)

Dec. 2011

Video of Bike...

sfr3e

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »
Wow!! Its coming on very good!! Lovin' it!!

CBird

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »
Awesome bike!!!  O8O