Raider Patches

Author Topic: Edmonton's finest trying to enforce the noise bylaw  (Read 3368 times)

bamf

• I don't have nothing to say about myself, Thunder.
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton's finest trying to enforce the noise bylaw
« Reply #30 on: Aug 14, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »

:rolleyes:
The open road! The wind on my face! I'll go from city to city - rrroooew, rroooew, rrrrrooooooooew! Everyone looking at me: "who's that guy?" "He must be tough." Rrooew, rrooew, rrooew, rrrrroooooooew! I'll have my girl on the back seat holding on to my fat belly. Sure, she's missing a few teeth, but she thinks I'm cool.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
 :funnypost: :funnypost:

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 09, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
so that was in canada? and they do that all the time stopping bikes for noise emissions? wtf...how about thank you for wasting about 30 minutes of my life,and a half a gallon on gas and smudging my chrome,f*** that! The day im being pulled over for loud pipes is the day im going to jail...and i'll frame that ticket and set it next to my bike trophies! ...unbelievable

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »
Im amazed that that much LEO personnel are involved in something that really has no seriously dangerous or harmful consequences to the general public  :o, but yet theres drivers running red lights at EVERY intersection all day long. More drivers turn right on red without stopping than the ones that stop, look and yield, and many blow thru reds crossing intersections too. Those acts KILL >:(! Loud pipes do not! Their priorities are FUP!
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
Im amazed that that much LEO personnel are involved in something that really has no seriously dangerous or harmful consequences to the general public  :o, but yet theres drivers running red lights at EVERY intersection all day long. More drivers turn right on red without stopping than the ones that stop, look and yield, and many blow thru reds crossing intersections too. Those acts KILL >:(! Loud pipes do not! Their priorities are FUP!

Gotta agree with that!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
so that was in canada? and they do that all the time stopping bikes for noise emissions? wtf...how about thank you for wasting about 30 minutes of my life,and a half a gallon on gas and smudging my chrome,f*** that! The day im being pulled over for loud pipes is the day im going to jail...and i'll frame that ticket and set it next to my bike trophies! ...unbelievable

Yes, this is in Alberta. It's my understanding this is on a hill leading to downtown that they do this pretty regularly.

I don't know how an officer's day is planned, but the black officer in the video is known among the biker community as having a hate on for bikers and does whatever he can to disrupt their day. He was the officer I got my first ticket while riding my bike.

My wife was learning to ride, so she would ride very slowly. From a light, I waited back and then sped up (not above the speed limit) to catch up with her to keep myself entertained. This officer noticed it as he was in the lane beside me. Pulled us over and did his thing.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
Glad i ant their
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

zakattak

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 09, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Glad i ant their

me two,like i said first trip to jail

Fn Up

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
Edmonton's finest trying to enforce the noise bylaw
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »
Glad i ant their

Well, that's the "grown up" thing to do. Why be a dick to a cop? It will only cost you and give them what they want. I'd rather treat them with a smile and not let them see I'm bothered by it. That way I win even if I do get a ticket.

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 11, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
So what happens if you can't start your bike.  Or if you cut the feed to one cylinder?

I'd love to see them try and do this with my wife's bike.  I just wouldn't tell them how to start it.  Claim a breakdown and say the bikes been acting up and not wanting to start.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

zakattak

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Glad i ant their

Well, that's the "grown up" thing to do. Why be a dick to a cop? It will only cost you and give them what they want. I'd rather treat them with a smile and not let them see I'm bothered by it. That way I win even if I do get a ticket.

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk

there's ways to go about it maturely im sure,in the heat of the moment(once he tells me why he pulled me over) im sure my first thought wouldnt be  :D why thank you for revving my bike, wasting my gas, and giving me a ticket because my pipes hurt your ears  :D...f*k that

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
My issue is why pick on bikes.  Tractor Trailers, and lawn mowers cause more noise than the typical bike passing by.  Its all BS.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
My issue is why pick on bikes.  Tractor Trailers, and lawn mowers cause more noise than the typical bike passing by.  Its all BS.

That is the basic thought around the bylaw here ... if you are targeting noise, target it all or none.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

theurbanlegend

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 11, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »
Quebec started a noise control pilot project.Apparently exhaust noise is dangerous because it can  "represent a source of distraction for roads users due to their sound level."
Check out the official page http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/miscellany/pilot_projects/sound_level_meter/index.php

There's also a 24 page PDF document(french only) that explains the procedure.The noise limit is 100dB @ 2500 RPM (1, 2, or 6 cyl engine) or @ 5000 RPM (3 or 4 cyl engine).
The biggest mistake of my life was not buying a raider sooner

zakattak

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
Quebec started a noise control pilot project.Apparently exhaust noise is dangerous because it can  "represent a source of distraction for roads users due to their sound level."
Check out the official page http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/miscellany/pilot_projects/sound_level_meter/index.php

There's also a 24 page PDF document(french only) that explains the procedure.The noise limit is 100dB @ 2500 RPM (1, 2, or 6 cyl engine) or @ 5000 RPM (3 or 4 cyl engine).

thats seems like a small limit to stay under...