Author Topic: Great deal on the full jpd bomber kit  (Read 9293 times)

109rfan

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Great deal on the full jpd bomber kit
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »
The kit I got from tejas for 210 was same as that first link, 9 pieces total   
big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

NJ-Jeff

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
    • V Star
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2012, 02:06:24 pm »
    I just bought the 9 piece chrome set for $219 on eBay today.  Can't wait to get them on the bike. 
    I will most likely be selling all the stock covers I replace if anyone is interested.
    Also, the bike I just bought already had the bomber master cyclinder covers on, so i will also be selling the new bomber ones from the kit.

Baker_Raider 08

• Road Star
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2012, 08:43:00 am »
    Got my full kit from Yamaha Dealer on their end of year clearance for $100 for the full kit and it had double master cylinder covers and a few covers for vstar also included in the box.  I made out very well.

• Advertisement

109rfan

• Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2012, 11:45:55 am »
      Wow even better
      big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
      • Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2012, 04:12:28 pm »
      Got my full kit from Yamaha Dealer on their end of year clearance for $100 for the full kit and it had double master cylinder covers and a few covers for vstar also included in the box.  I made out very well.

:witsend: :witsend: :witsend: dam i gota keep my eye out for that

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:49:01 am »
       ;D If i can get it for a 100 bucks. That sounds good . But for now do they sell just the left side the puley cover and the big round thing in front of it ? I guess it may be the clutch cover. Just the round part. ;D
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

CBird

• Roadliner
      « Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:06:53 am »

Quick question for those that have the covers, do you have to remove anything to install the covers such as the exhaust for the tranny cover?

NJ-Jeff

• V Star
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2012, 11:38:31 am »

WellI thought I had gotten a good deal at $219.00    $100 bucks is great... good for you! -  heck you could sell all the pieces individually on eBay and make money....    lol

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2012, 11:40:33 am by NJ-Jeff »

NJ-Jeff

• V Star
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:05:22 am »
      Just put my set on this morning - minus the Generator & Cam Covers.....No problems at all, very easy install all around.    I have cobra straight pipes and did not have to remove them to put on the transmission cover.  They would have to come off to change the Generator cover, but it is pretty much hidden by the pipes so why bother. Also, I did not change the Cam cover because I have a POW-MIA emblem there that I really like allot and prefer that to stay there.   On the transmission cover -I did have to use the shortest end of an allen wrench to loosen the bolt closest to rear of bike and then take it out rest of way by hand due to clearance issues with the Cobra pipes... but no big deal.  The "dampener" pieces they refer to on a few of the pieces on the left side of the bike are nothing more then thick pieces of rubber.... again no big deal at all.   I used blue thread lock on all bolts.   The starter cover came with slightly longer bolts....wasn't sure I was gonna like that starter cover but it actually blends really nice.   Very happy with my purchase even tho I "overpaid" at $219 compared to the $100 deal I read about on here...lol

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

The stock covers I took off and the NEW Bomber covers I did not use are for sale in classifieds if anyone may be interested in the pieces individually or as a group...

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 07:49:27 pm by NJ-Jeff »

Baker_Raider 08

• Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2012, 06:30:35 am »

WellI thought I had gotten a good deal at $219.00    $100 bucks is great... good for you! -  heck you could sell all the pieces individually on eBay and make money....    lol

I actually sold the parts I found in box for the other bikes and got back all but ten dollars of my money, so really it just cost me $10 for everything.  They actually had the sale on black friday and I scored a set of cobra bungee knobs (they are usually about $50 or so) for $10.  They actually had a set for the stryker also, so I grabbed them for a buddy also.  These are brand new in the package.