Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: CRUISER PERFORMANCE..WTF!!!  (Read 12078 times)

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: CRUISER PERFORMANCE..WTF!!!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »
Ok so last Friday I was at wits end and had decided to cancel my Cruiser Performance bar order through Phat... Being that the storm was headed in my direction, I kinda forgot to call them. Wouldn't ya know I get home and there's an email with shipping details.. Of course Sandy screwed up the delivery date but.. as of last night they're in Md.. !!!! Crossing my fingers to get them today. ( GOD I hope they aren't all fooked up )  I understand the guys at Cruiser do this as a second job. They make these things in runs based on a minimum number ordered. I wish I had some idea of this before. I dont mind waiting to get what I want but, set some expectations will ya.. ????

So did you order yours through Phat, and still had to wait forever?  I really want to get mine on order, but if they aren't even filling their retailers in a decent amount of time, I guess I'll go elsewhere.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I ordered mine through Phat. I think it depends on the bars you order. I am only guessing but, I think Phat orders ďextra " of the most popular bars. I think that's how bill got his from stock. I ordered one that prolly isnít so popular and they donít get extras or... IS so popular that they sold them out..?

My best bet for you would be to call them and ask if they order taker can put his hands on them while your on the phone. Then require they send that same set out or no sale. I donít think anyone is trying to rip you off it's just lack of communication.

So how long did your order take through Phat?  I am sold on the Villian bars, but I won't wait 90 days for them.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
Chalomalo  I spent 2 months trying to get my bars from Cruiser Performance with Quincy giving my more promises then I could shake a stick at.  I was lucky that Phat Performance happened to have my handle bars in their warehouse, it was the last set,  I had them in 3 days.  Gice Phat Performance a call, there is a very good chance they may have what you need, if not I fear that you will be waiting for a very long time if you insist on waiting for Cruiser Performance.  Good luck.

Guess what bill,

Today I caled Quincy, asking about the shipment status. He said that he got my bars with bad powder coating quality job and that he had to resend them. He said that my bars wil be ready to ship by next Tuesday.

Frankly, I'm not sure if I can believe that. The thing is, my credit card has been charged as of last week; otherwise I cancel. Another reason I insist in being hopeful is that I got the cables just the right length for these Hooker bars.

In short, this has been the worst customer experience ever.
This is the same excuse he uses all the time on mine he said the the chroming was bad and had to send them back they just have one excuse after another. Its just a line of bull to by more time and keep you satisfied

So... does the guy think that everyone lives in their own little world?
That the fact that he uses the same excuse to everyone isn't being discussed? 
BAD PR is something no one can really afford. 

I know I won't use them... for anything.... regardless of price.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
But people from here keep going to the guy???  :shrug:
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1
JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
I just sent Brian at Cruiser Performance this tread so he can see what we are saying about his company.
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Ok so last Friday I was at wits end and had decided to cancel my Cruiser Performance bar order through Phat... Being that the storm was headed in my direction, I kinda forgot to call them. Wouldn't ya know I get home and there's an email with shipping details.. Of course Sandy screwed up the delivery date but.. as of last night they're in Md.. !!!! Crossing my fingers to get them today. ( GOD I hope they aren't all fooked up )  I understand the guys at Cruiser do this as a second job. They make these things in runs based on a minimum number ordered. I wish I had some idea of this before. I dont mind waiting to get what I want but, set some expectations will ya.. ????

So did you order yours through Phat, and still had to wait forever?  I really want to get mine on order, but if they aren't even filling their retailers in a decent amount of time, I guess I'll go elsewhere.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I ordered mine through Phat. I think it depends on the bars you order. I am only guessing but, I think Phat orders ďextra " of the most popular bars. I think that's how bill got his from stock. I ordered one that prolly isnít so popular and they donít get extras or... IS so popular that they sold them out..?

My best bet for you would be to call them and ask if they order taker can put his hands on them while your on the phone. Then require they send that same set out or no sale. I donít think anyone is trying to rip you off it's just lack of communication.

So how long did your order take through Phat?  I am sold on the Villian bars, but I won't wait 90 days for them.

This guys builds "Custom Bar" is 6 - 8 weeks and is working on getting it down to 4 - 6:
http://www.brcustomcycles.com/

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
Chalomalo  I spent 2 months trying to get my bars from Cruiser Performance with Quincy giving my more promises then I could shake a stick at.  I was lucky that Phat Performance happened to have my handle bars in their warehouse, it was the last set,  I had them in 3 days.  Gice Phat Performance a call, there is a very good chance they may have what you need, if not I fear that you will be waiting for a very long time if you insist on waiting for Cruiser Performance.  Good luck.

Guess what bill,

Today I caled Quincy, asking about the shipment status. He said that he got my bars with bad powder coating quality job and that he had to resend them. He said that my bars wil be ready to ship by next Tuesday.

Frankly, I'm not sure if I can believe that. The thing is, my credit card has been charged as of last week; otherwise I cancel. Another reason I insist in being hopeful is that I got the cables just the right length for these Hooker bars.

This is the same excuse he uses all the time on mine he said the the chroming was bad and had to send them back they just have one excuse after another. Its just a line of bull to by more time and keep you satisfied

I am with you T, never again will I use Cruiser Performance for anything and I will try to talk anyone that wants to use them out of it...  >:(

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »

Guess what bill,

I am with you T, never again will I use Cruiser Performance for anything and I will try to talk anyone that wants to use them out of it...  >:(

I wouldn't even buy his products through a Vendor.  I can see why Bill did since he already had them and was looking to replace, but I would find another set of bars. If you buy his products through the vendors he's still making money.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »

Guess what bill,

I wouldn't even buy his products through a Vendor.  I can see why Bill did since he already had them and was looking to replace, but I would find another set of bars. If you buy his products through the vendors he's still making money.

That is the one thing that really pissed me off, the fact that he makes money but I already had his bars and wanted the same pull back and could not get it anywhere else without going complete custom made that would have cost over twice the price.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »
WOOT.. I got mine today... I ordered on 9/5/12 and got them on 11/2/12. Just under two months but, ya gotta give them 3 days for weather delay. THANKS SANDY!!!! So, thats 7 weeks. I don't really have a problem with that wait.. again.. EXPECTATIONS!!!! Let someone know it's gonna' take that long.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 05:50:22 PM by Madcow »
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »
WOOT.. I got mine today... I orderd on 9/5/12 and got them on 11/2/12. Just under two months but, ya gotta give them 3 days for weather delay. SOOOOO, thats 7 weeks. I dont really have a problem with that wait.. again.. EXPECTATIONS!!!! Let someone know it's gonna take that long.

I had that same waiting time when ordering black Cobra Swepts (wife's Stryker) from Phat, but the difference was that Phat let me know there was a delay in manufacturing and kept in touch with me the entire time, so that I had an idea when they were coming.  That's how it should be done.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
Agreed about Phat.. They seem to be true blue. They were very understanding and helpful with the hole thing. The web site said it coult be 3-4 weeks from the get go and when it ran long, they reminded me that they don't charge your card untill they ship. So I wasn't out anything till it was in the box on the truck.. 
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »
Agreed about Phat.. They seem to be true blue. They were very understanding and helpful with the hole thing. The web site said it coult be 3-4 weeks from the get go and when it ran long, they reminded me that they don't charge your card untill they ship. So I wasn't out anything till it was in the box on the truck..

Plus Phat just offered free financing for 6 months.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

I like that part, you can never tell when you may need a little flexibility in the finances.  Phat has gone to the top of my list for customer service.  When I called about my handlebars and explained my situation they confirmed visually what the computer told them about it being in stock and then put my oder in at the top of the list and it was shipped that day.  It was a Friday and I received the bars on Tuesday.  I have put Phat on my speed dial and Book marked their web site...  ;D

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Nov 05, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »

I like that part, you can never tell when you may need a little flexibility in the finances.  Phat has gone to the top of my list for customer service.  When I called about my handlebars and explained my situation they confirmed visually what the computer told them about it being in stock and then put my oder in at the top of the list and it was shipped that day.  It was a Friday and I received the bars on Tuesday.  I have put Phat on my speed dial and Book marked their web site...  ;D

Nice!

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Nov 05, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »
So Bill is your bike all done now, still waiting for a sound clip of that 120 motor of yours
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER