Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: CRUISER PERFORMANCE..WTF!!!  (Read 12066 times)

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: CRUISER PERFORMANCE..WTF!!!
« Reply #165 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
How about deep fried bacon!!!

Been there done that....why?  No idea.  Actually I saw it on Man vs Food.  I could feel my arteries clogging as I was eating.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

Been there done that....why?  No idea.  Actually I saw it on Man vs Food.  I could feel my arteries clogging as I was eating.

I remember seeing something about that.

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Jan 15, 2013, 06:10:26 PM »

I've been looking for it ever since I saw it on TV.  On the rare occasions when I find it at a fair or some other event, they're out or closed or have some other excuse to deprive me of my Constitutional right to hardend arteries.

I think I need to find a lawyer...  (never mind,we already covered that in a different thread)

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

jughead

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »
Bacon sundaes are actually pretty good, the trick is to use really good bacon.  Also pig candy... fry some bacon then coat it with brown sugar ans cayenne pepper then place in grill to melt the brown sugar.
"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away"
Tom Waits

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
George Bernard Shaw

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker."
Ronald Reagan

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Are we ever going to get back on the subject of what a terrible company Cruiser Performance is, if not I vote to lock this tread down.
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Are we ever going to get back on the subject of what a terrible company Cruiser Performance is, if not I vote to lock this tread down.

:agree:  I tried to get it back on track and got slapped with the pork belly...  :o

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

Lugnut_1

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »
I finally got my CP Punisher bars installed, I did end up grinding the posts off of the grip assemblies. They locked down tight so good to go with that. The bars themselves did not have all of the welds cleaned up and polished (pissed me off) 2nd set from them so didn't want to go through the hassle I had before. At least you only see it if you know its there, otherwise they look good, (will post pics shortly). I was able to route all wires without cutting any of them. I unpinned all of the 3 and 4 wire connectors and routed them last (after pulling through the two wire ones). Tight fit but worked. I did cut off all of the shrink tubing, no way to do it otherwise. I got the 8 x 8 punisher s and although the existing cabling and wire bundles were long enough the hydraulic lines for the brake and clutch are a little to tight for my liking. I am going to lengthen them down the road.

Budzo

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Jan 16, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
I finally got my CP Punisher bars installed, I did end up grinding the posts off of the grip assemblies. They locked down tight so good to go with that. The bars themselves did not have all of the welds cleaned up and polished (pissed me off) 2nd set from them so didn't want to go through the hassle I had before. At least you only see it if you know its there, otherwise they look good, (will post pics shortly). I was able to route all wires without cutting any of them. I unpinned all of the 3 and 4 wire connectors and routed them last (after pulling through the two wire ones). Tight fit but worked. I did cut off all of the shrink tubing, no way to do it otherwise. I got the 8 x 8 punisher s and although the existing cabling and wire bundles were long enough the hydraulic lines for the brake and clutch are a little to tight for my liking. I am going to lengthen them down the road.

WTF??!  I thought this thread was about bacon?

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »
Good to hear lugnut, glad it finally worked out for you.  They make some awesome looking bars but at the lack of customer service I will never be dealing with them again.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »

So did I ;D ;D ;D ;D

2014 West Central Raider Rally
Check out the website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »

So did I ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cruiser Performance is not the Oscar Mayer of handle bars, hickory smoked or any other way...  :o

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Jan 22, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
Testing a theory

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Ok, bad weather and plane lazyness on my part made this a LONG process. I got the bars wired and installed. Only glitch was a missing plug end that goes to the signals. I did a bit of snip & tuck and away we go. The new bars puts me right in a sweet spot. I dont have to reach over this gut to ride. :)  Even better, now I can put my back rest on my star comfort seat and use it to "rest " on. Before it was too far away. All in all I love it. Would I do it again.. NO! After dealing with those jackwagons at CP the whole mod thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. I have no plans to ever sell Betty so thar she is, for better or worse. I may add a bat wing but that's sometime down the road.. if ever. Err hold on.. I still want cruse control.. smh.. Off to check eBay.   
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
Here is an email that I sent them 2 weeks ago.....no response.....so I ordered LA Choppers and already received them.

"Good morning,
I have a Yamaha Raider, and was wondering if you stock any bars for it, or if they are all made to order.  Reason being, Ive heard too many horror stories over the last year about orders being wrong and delayed.  If I could get a quality product, in a reasonable amount of time from you, Id be willing to go to bat for you guys and let the Raider world know that you are back, and producing a great product.  I am specifically looking at the 8x1.5 Villain bars.

Please let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.

Thank you.

Ron Rohr"
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »
Here is an email that I sent them 2 weeks ago.....no response.....so I ordered LA Choppers and already received them.

"Good morning,
I have a Yamaha Raider, and was wondering if you stock any bars for it, or if they are all made to order.  Reason being, Ive heard too many horror stories over the last year about orders being wrong and delayed.  If I could get a quality product, in a reasonable amount of time from you, Id be willing to go to bat for you guys and let the Raider world know that you are back, and producing a great product.  I am specifically looking at the 8x1.5 Villain bars.

Please let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.

Thank you.

Ron Rohr"

I think that was a good move.