Custom Raider

Author Topic: Dream Raider Bagger interest  (Read 4486 times)

67p912

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Raider Bagger interest
« Reply #45 on: Sep 16, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
Yes!!!! Prefer quick detach but, yes!

:agree:

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
Looks great.  Would love it if the bags were quick detach or would work with or mount to the stock sissy bar.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
Still Want To see A  Silver One ;D ;D
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sep 17, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sep 17, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
I was thinking Chris already said they were not looking to do a quick detach option. Can't say I blame them. That would limit the build a lot.

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sep 18, 2012, 08:00:18 AM »
Gotta get the demo bike out first. Then people can start figuring out tweaks to suit themselves.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sep 19, 2012, 08:26:03 PM »
 ttiwwp   SILVER  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  SIlVER :evil: :evil: :evil: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sep 20, 2012, 09:38:01 AM »
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sep 25, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
I ran across some pics of what direction this concept is taking. This is a victory that someone did a pretty nice job on.

Chris is the idea something similar to this? I think that it hits on all the requirements that the previous threads have laid out. It's a frame mounted fairing and long and low with bags that do not look to be removable. It's also got what looks to be true dual exhaust.

This is a nice custom bike but I think that you guys at Low and Mean can do a bit better.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 19, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
I just called the Low And Mean office to see were they were on this and they said their sponsor, JP Cycles had dropped it and it was no longer in for R&D, fabbing and distribution :o :yikes: :banghead: :fired:. I can’t believe they would let something this cool slip away! Come on back to the drawing board guys and get‘er done! EVERY person, that saw the images of this thing when I showed it to them, had the same reaction. Their jaws dropped and they said “WOW, AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL! HOLY CRAP THAT”S COOL!” I STILL want the 'whole package’, but with the full touring trunk and a frame mounted fairing too ;D :raider:! Let’s go guys make it happen!
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 19, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
I just called the Low And Mean office to see were they were on this and they said their sponsor, JP Cycles had dropped it and it was no longer in for R&D, fabbing and distribution :o :yikes: :banghead: :fired:. I can’t believe they would let something this cool slip away! Come on back to the drawing board guys and get‘er done! EVERY person, that saw the images of this thing when I showed it to them, had the same reaction. Their jaws dropped and they said “WOW, AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL! HOLY CRAP THAT”S COOL!” I STILL want the 'whole package’, but with the full touring trunk and a frame mounted fairing too ;D :raider:! Let’s go guys make it happen!

Apparently you were away from the forum when they posted up a rant, that was more political than anything else, that informed us that it was no longer on the RADAR.  I believe it's in the Debate Room.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Nov 19, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I was asleep I guess. I’ll look it up.
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Steve Daigle

• Its all about the freedom
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 19, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »
Wow both bikes look killer, sign me up i want the L&M comcept. What i really want is a set of rims from a Raider and the brake rotors to go with. I have a Roadliner, and the rims are killer when installed.  8)
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012, 09:09:26 PM by Steve Daigle »
We are always looking fo some one to ride with

Low and Mean

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 19, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
Sorry this did not work out, but it was not because we didn't try. I wanted this project to be driven by this board, the ideas, the suggestions and the great comments helped mold this concept. I wanted to pull all the stops and just about bring you guys with me every step of the way. I had my live web cam all dial in, my video guy on stand by to film every step of the way so you all could see it in the making. From the box coming off the stock bike to pulling the cover off the custom Raider Bagger. It would of been a wild 8 weeks of none stop work and fun. But unfortunately it didn't work out with J&P Cycles and as of now the project is a concept you can order through our website. Here's the link http://lowandmean.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypagelm.tpl&product_id=240&category_id=146&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60
Seems some of you would rather I do not bring this sort of discussion or make make a concept without producing. So will respect those who are disappointed and next time I'll keep it off the board. Thank you all for your suggestions and interest, it was a fun thread at the least.
Chris
Designer of Low and Mean

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »
Chris, if everything that some didn't care for was left off this forum there would be no threads to read,  keep it going, the most of us love it and want more.  Some things work out, others don't, that's life.  Don't let a few stop the ideas.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"