Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Why you shouldn't look at the camera  (Read 3124 times)

Return to Riding

• Mistakes are forever; forgiveness is longer.
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Why you shouldn't look at the camera
« Reply #45 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
I have driven two different cars on the street with roll cages and harnesses...you do get some funny looks.  ;D
2009 Raider S Raven.
Tank destickered, Yamaha Fixed Backrest, Boulevard Windshield with 15" Rifle Replacement, Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Air Horn,  Model 30 LED spot driving lights, Elite Motosports exhaust, AVON 240 on Rear, Blaster-X Integrated Rear light and removed stock lollipops, 113 Lettering, Kury SwingWing Pegs, Ivan's Flash and Air Box Brackets

It is the journey and not the destination.

Slick26

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

Guys it's a Vette, not a Vet. A Vet is someone who formerly fought in a war. Or a Veterinarian.
Just saying.

Also, ouch.

Thanks!  I was going to say something, but though it best to leave it alone. Glad someone else had a problem with that too.

No problem. I hate to make a big deal about it, but it was just the wrong word to make that mistake. No offense to anyone.

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »
I've ridden the Dragon on multiple occasions on my Virago. That and the Cherohala Skyway are great rides but you do have to be careful. I don't ride the center line unless I can see through the curve, don't push myself or my bike too far, and give way to the hotshots and cagers.
Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
Look at the vette, run into the vette. Thats what they say in the motorcycle safety classes. Look where you want to go.
I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 08, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
Look at the vette, run into the vette. Thats what they say in the motorcycle safety classes. Look where you want to go.

Which means it's a bad idea to ride past any beaches (especially topless ones).

LostDog

« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »
Amen Ares!

theurbanlegend

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »

But what if I want to go there?  :thinking: :dreaming: :praying:
The biggest mistake of my life was not buying a raider sooner

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Nov 09, 2012, 07:14:34 AM »

Cover your eyes.    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Nov 09, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »

Cover your eyes.    ;D

Soooo...take my hands OFF the handlebars to do this? :crutch:

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »
If you're passing BY the topless beach, you're doing it all wrong. You're supposed to park the bike and join the ladies.

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 10, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
If you're passing BY the topless beach, you're doing it all wrong. You're supposed to park the bike and join the ladies.

pffft.  Even on foot I'd still run into what I was lookin at  ;)

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

Fn Up

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
Why you shouldn't look at the camera
« Reply #56 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
I realize that it's dangerous everywhere.  Trust me.  I deal with it daily. I'm just saying I'd like to avoid the places where people try to out ride their abilities.

Between modern technology invading our vehicles, lack of training and just not giving a shit, that's pretty much every road in America.

I am fortunate enough (as I'm sure most of you are) to have learned to drive in an era when they told you that you would die for driving carelessly and showed video of deadly crashes. I've also been fortunate enough to attend some professional driving courses. I've also been unfortunate enough to watch a lady take her last breath because a teenager was in too much of a hurry to stop for a red light. Guess which scenario had the most immediate impact on my driving?

I haven't always been this way but, I get there when I get there whether it's work, wedding or a funeral. I also decided that  I will spring for my kids to attend a professional course. High school drivers Ed just isn't enough.

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

Infernotim

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 11, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
I am kinda depressed with everyone saying they are glad a certain type of person is off the road.  I learned when I started riding a kinda silly slogan about bikers. "there are two types of bikers, those who have laid down a bike and those who will lay down a bike."  Speaking from experience, it was one of the most traumatic points in my life, but I learned valuable lessons from it.  I learned especially that I need to know my boundaries, i need to realize where pushing my limits is okay and where to not.  I rode the pig's tail in Arkansas 8 days after I slid off the road because I hit some gravel on a blind corner.  I was taken on a 1600 mile trip a week after my accident and I think it was the best thing I could have done.  I think you can all agree that riding is an amazing feeling, and I am glad that I got back on the bike.  When you guys say that you are glad this (idiot, . . . whatever) is off the road, it makes me really wonder how you felt when you wrecked your bike, or how you would feel if you ever did (I honestly don't mean that I want anyone to, that would be awful).  Just think about how you would feel if that picture was of you. How would you feel if people talked about you that way.  Sorry to vent, but it was a little disappointing to see some of those comments on here.
Tim.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 11, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
Thanks, Tim!
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014