Raider Patches

Author Topic: How Many of You Boys are Rounders?  (Read 2329 times)

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How Many of You Boys are Rounders?
« Reply #45 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
I dont know if those of us in TX and AZ are allowed to be thought of as proper rounders, since its not all that diffucult   :sunny: .  Now, I was a rounder when I lived and worked in the High Sierras, often riding home in single digit weather.  I did have my Gerbings gear to keep me all toasty, though  8)

I disagree, because I guarantee those Northerners wouldn't ride in July and August in AZ.  They'd melt.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Not even close fellas...this could not be any more wrong. I have lived in both Fl and Tx.....115 degrees in Austin is far easier than 105 on a humid day here in Mi. Plus I think age (with most of us) plays a role in this too....in my youth I had snowball fights in shorts...in my advanced age (aka: smarter age)....I drink a cup of coffee and look out the window at the snow and say..."Damn...it looks cold out there"  ;) heat is easier to take than cold...by far...for me anyway.

Veego

« Reply #46 on: Oct 27, 2012, 01:51:12 AM »
Ya'll can keep yer heat, I like a seasonal change. When it gets too cold to ride a bike, time to break out the snow mobile and enjoy the solitude of snow capped mountains without a bunch of people around. Plus we got lots of sheep. Daddddddy.   ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 06:13:30 AM by RuneRaider »

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
Ya'll can keep yer heat, I like a seasonal change. When it gets too cold to ride a bike, time to break out the snow mobile and enjoy the solitude of snow capped mountains without a bunch of people around. Plus we got lots of sheep. Daddddddy.   ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Deyv

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »

WE have seasonal changes... It goes from.. "man this is a little cold" to "Wow, this is great" to "Hot enough to melt the ashpalt" back to "Wow this is great".. See?  Seasons...!

lol

:D

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

johnny555

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
Definitely a rounder. Ride to work yesterday a.m. and it was a crisp 28 with 15-20 mph wind. We get 100+ summers and down in the 20s in winter. Its hits the teens sometimes.

Coldfinger

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Oct 27, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »

You guys must have got the sheep that used to always be by the Snowies near Laramie.  Ever since people started showing up in cowboy boots and velcro gloves there sheep were a little skittish.   ;)

Sledding is, for me, the most fun thing I've ever done.  The great outdoors, vast areas (I'm talking Rky Mtns), go about anywhere you want, go any speed you want, do any crazy stunt you think you can physically avoid injury, navigation, survival, etc.  It it a whole other world.  I'm not saying it is the most practical, just the most fun.  Changes focus from bikes from Dec-March or April.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Oct 27, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
I guess I could be considered a retired Rounder, when I was active duty Marine and stationed in Quantico, VA, Cherry Point, NC and Beaufort, SC I still road all year round.  The winters in Quantico especially really got cold and the only days I did not ride is when the snowfall prohibited safe riding.  NC and SC didn't snow where I was at but the temps got down to 20's and low 30's.  Just bundled up and off I would go...  ;D  As for now I don't think my aging bones could handle those temps any longer.

Veego

« Reply #52 on: Oct 27, 2012, 12:12:28 PM »

You guys must have got the sheep that used to always be by the Snowies near Laramie.  Ever since people started showing up in cowboy boots and velcro gloves there sheep were a little skittish.   ;)

Wondered where they came from...now I know.  ;D Probably high mileage too.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Oct 27, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Wondered where they came from...now I know.  ;D Probably high mileage too.
When I was working in Wyoming I was told to watch out for the sheep.....they lie!!!
7th Annual SERR Maggie Valley lodging info

Best Western Mountainbrook Inn
828-926-3962

Microtel Inn & Suites
828-926-8554

Rate info:
$60.00 plus tax (Sunday-Thursday)
$85.00 plus tax (Friday Saturday)

Booking Code: Raider Rally

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Oct 27, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »
I guess you could say I'm a "rounder." But, then again here in Florida it's not too hard to ride year 'round.
Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 68 year old body.

Metric

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
HEY Dread....he said rounder....not pounder....now put it away
SEMPER FI  " welcome home" combat vets

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Oct 31, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
 ;D ;D Ive always found winter to be a little easier in cold as long as weather lets it rain sleet snow stuff like that out of consideration ;D  You can always put on electric clothes and stay warm. And i am real cold natured ha ha. 8)   ;D ;D ;D BUT. Theirs only so far u can go taking off before its :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: . And at that point your probably going to be still (hot)...   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Oct 31, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
I'm a rounder now in Iowa, and was a rounder when I lived  in Texas.  Only time I didn't ride in Texas was going to a new client for the first few days if it was extremely hot in the morning.

102~2~113

• Big Brother
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 03, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
I guess I could be considered a retired Rounder, when I was active duty Marine and stationed in Quantico, VA, Cherry Point, NC and Beaufort, SC I still road all year round.  The winters in Quantico especially really got cold and the only days I did not ride is when the snowfall prohibited safe riding.  NC and SC didn't snow where I was at but the temps got down to 20's and low 30's.  Just bundled up and off I would go...  ;D  As for now I don't think my aging bones could handle those temps any longer.
Some of my best riding was from Cherry Point to Springfield, VA back in 1977.  Me, the 71 Bonneville, RT17, Dismal Swamp, and home by midnight. Other memories, unattended gas stations, to have or Havelock, being arrested (while walking) for loud and offensive language on the streets of Atlantic Beach, good thing they didn't breath-o-lize me.   

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Nov 03, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »
me, Texas, we did not have much winter last year...we will see how it goes this year...so far so good......
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.