Raider Patches

Author Topic: New bike, Suzuki C109rt  (Read 1409 times)

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Yahoo mail
New bike, Suzuki C109rt
« on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
Had a deep blue Raider and traded it in on a Triumph rocket 3 which i was really enjoying. That is until i slammed into a deer doing 65 in september. I'm ok not really even hurt really, atgatt saved me. Just bought the suzukic109rt and am enjoying it but the raider does have smoother fueling and better brakes. To tell you the truth i think it was the best all around bike i've ever owned. Not to get me wrong i really like my c109 and it does move right out, but the brakes definately could use a little more uummph for such a big bike. Engine is great and comfort to me is good my wife likes the c passenger seat the best out 0f all three i've owned. Here is an article i found that is interesting.http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/3780/  ,I have cobra pipes on my 109 and it sounds the best of the bikes i've had. Anyway thats my thoughts on the raider, damn good bike.
2013 Stratoliner S, Deep blue. 2008 Kawasaki zx-14 SE.

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New bike, Suzuki C109rt
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
Glad to hear you are OK Mountain.  I was considering getting the M109, nice bikes with tons of power but the Raider had the power and the looks that did it for me.

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • Yahoo mail
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
Yes the m109's either have a love it or hate it type look, i like the c109 look like old cars, big fender look.

Veego

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
Congrats on your new ride but glad you're ok from the accident. Never saw the C109 except in pictures but yes, it does look like a nice ride and it's water cooled. I was hot to get a M109 before I started working over her but after reading about transmission concerns I backed off a bit. Never even though about getting another bike until I rode my bro's Raider and then a Rune got in the way.

Again, glad you faired better than the Rocket but I bet it was fun to ride.

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • Yahoo mail
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
Runeraider, Rockets are a hoot. The torque down low is just stupid. But you really should change the shocks out, at least on mine i would have eventually it was a 2005. You know i guess you can pick apart most any bike but the engine was definately the highlight of this bike. If you want to spend some change send it to carpenter racing and then you have serious power (see their site).

109rfan

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2012, 01:02:13 PM »
Congrats here's  great forum m109riders.com I still frequent there. Lots of information on that site and good rides  keep an eye on your clutch and a dude future r will be able to help you with any clutch issues
big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest

Kit Sullivan

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »
I too absolutely love the looks of the M109, especially the white w/ blue stripe special edition. The rave reviews of the Raider over the 109 is really what turned me to the Raider, plus the deplorable reputation Suzuki warranty service has country-wide. I collect old Fords (Mustangs especially), and the 109 very strongly invokes the image of the original GT-350 to me.
On the other hand, I was instantly smitten with the Raider's styling, which to me appeared for all the world lik ecwhat a classic mildlly-chopped Harley softtail should look like. Harley must think so too: witness thier new near-clone of the Raider, the new CVO Breakout.
  The stellar reviews about power, handling, comfort, quality and bang-for-the-buck value convince me everytime I throw a leg over it that I made the absolute right choice.
"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • Yahoo mail
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
Thanks 109rfan just got off the site. Now i have several mc sites i watch, this one, r3owners, and m109riders.

bigjohn

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
people are always comparing other bikes to the raider. yes a minibike has two rubber wheels just like the raider. come on ..raider is in a class all by itself. the factory chopper by which all others pale in comparison. it's a pussy magnet to boot.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
Glad you found another ride you like.
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2012, 01:01:04 AM »
Motorcycles and deer never together in a good way.  Glad you are okay.    I considered the Triumph, and the Suzuki, and the Stratoliner, but the Raider won out.  You have had 2 great bikes and are on the 3rd, Congrats!
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • Yahoo mail
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »
Thanks slk, i believe this i will enjoy this c109 a lot. I would like to ride this one for a long time and make it my own with many farkles. In a few years maybe a second bike also, diavel, new raider?, zx-14? I will have this one set up for what it is a good two up highway bike.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:18:40 AM »
Glad ya made it out ok . Sorry bout the bike .Good luck on this one maybe you wont come in contact with another :o
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bigjohn

« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »
i never could understand the comparison of the raider with other bike. raider is in a class by itself. oh, yea it has two rubber tires, so i guess you can compare it after all. big john