Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: WARR 2013  (Read 23385 times)

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: WARR 2013
« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »
Interesting link RSR ...

Not sure how 400 miles equates to a 4 days of riding ... that would drive me crazy stretching it out for that long. That's 2 days at best for me.

Photo ops.. bathroom breaks .. shopping...lol

:D

Maybe they were riding with harley's......    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
Me and Flipper were based in Cody, on our first day we rode into the east entrance of Yellowstone taking the eastern side to the Beartooth over to Belfry back to Cody...second day rode Chief Joseph around the western side back to Cody...thrid day left Cody went in the east entrance and exited through Jackson Hole...make sure your cameras batteries are fully charged...Flipper killed his half way of he first day....if you've never ridden Yellowstone you'll regret not having ever done it.
Microtel Inn and Suites Maggie Valley
3777 U.S. 19, Maggie Valley, NC ‎
(828) 926-8554       Booking code: "Raider Rally"

luvmy68

• I call her Ruby....
  • AZ Group
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:27:28 AM »
Interesting link RSR ...

Not sure how 400 miles equates to a 4 days of riding ... that would drive me crazy stretching it out for that long. That's 2 days at best for me.

I hear ya.  If we're doing the WARR in Jackson, WY, this would make a good 1-day ride loop.  I have it at 253 miles which would be an easy 1-day ride.  Guess that would put my total ride in at around 2800 miles.  I'm already getting excited about this ride and talking with the wife to see if she makes it this year.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 03, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
Just might have to make this one-I will keep an eye on this thread ;)

2014 West Central Raider Rally
Check out the website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:10:32 PM »
I will have to buy new tires for this ride. It'll only be 1021 miles, that is if I don't deviate, which I know I will.
I'm kinda disappointed with the Metzler 240 rear tire I installed 5k miles ago, it's already going bald. I don't do any burn outs, and the tire pressure is kept to recommendation. Must be my riding style.

So I go the the shop inquiring about my front tire, cuz that one really needs to get swapped, the guy goes to check it out for size purpose, goes back to his desk and gives me the prize for each one of the tires.
I tell him, I just need the front tire, the rear tire I just had it installed. He replies, well the thread on the rear tire in the center is all gone.

Well I took it for granted that the tire will give me twice as many miles (according to some of the comments on some of thread here where folks get around 11k miles) and I'm thinking this guy's just being a salesman. So I ask him "show me what you're talking about, and he does and yes disappointment set in.

You guys think I just got a bad tire or is the riding style have to do with it?
Regards,
chalomalo

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »
From what I've heard, that's pretty much par for the Metzlers... I traded mine out for a Cobra and wouldn't think of going back...

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 03, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
Dreary Saturday - pizzin rain - so great for trip planning.

Started from Vancouver, BC Canada  - south across border to Spokane - Butte - Beartooth pass - Cody - West Yellowstone - Jackson - cross over and up to Missoula - Spokane - north back into Canada to Grand Forks - over to the Summerland in the Okanagan valley - west through the Hope/Princeton highway back to Vancouver. - - 2,390 miles + add 200 for side tours - so about 2,600 total.   :raked:

Did it on Yahoo maps. Kind of a pain as it doesn't hold dragged over route changes - keeps priniting original legs plotted.  Never prints exactly what you want. :banghead:  Anyone using something better?

Sure covers some nice country.  Looking forward to all the tequila - cherries - cheap watery beer  :cheers: :shake: - frendship renewals - local riding - and retesting Dreadly's coodination dance -  :crutch: :crutch: :yay: :yay: :yay:

"Life... it's all about the ride."

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
From my house, there and back google maps tells me my trip will be 2,437 miles, I am figuring there will probably be at least 300 to 400 incidental miles putting the odometer at 2,700 to 2,800 miles for the entire trip...  ;D  I told my wife where it was going to be this year and she is telling me to go it alone that she does not want to drive the car that far.  She would have to take the car because our grand daughter would be with us.  Even without the grand daughter being with us there is no way she will ride on the back of the bike that far no matter how comfortable the seat may be.  I asked her about flying her and the grand daughter there and she said she would think about it.  Time will tell, there is plenty of time to work out the details.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
From my house, there and back google maps tells me my trip will be 2,437 miles, I am figuring there will probably be at least 300 to 400 incidental miles putting the odometer at 2,700 to 2,800 miles for the entire trip...  ;D  I told my wife where it was going to be this year and she is telling me to go it alone that she does not want to drive the car that far.  She would have to take the car because our grand daughter would be with us.  Even without the grand daughter being with us there is no way she will ride on the back of the bike that far no matter how comfortable the seat may be.  I asked her about flying her and the grand daughter there and she said she would think about it.  Time will tell, there is plenty of time to work out the details.

Bill- this is the 2013 WARR - do you think your bike will be ready?

"Life... it's all about the ride."

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 03, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »

OUCH! Bill, do you need a little aloe with that burn?!

Interesting link RSR ...

Last year we blazed so fast down the coast we hardly saw anything, so i'm taking my time and seeing more of the scenery this time.

RSR
RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 04, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »

If not I will ride my bicycle...  ;)

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »

Did it on Yahoo maps. Kind of a pain as it doesn't hold dragged over route changes - keeps priniting original legs plotted.  Never prints exactly what you want. :banghead:  Anyone using something better?

Give google maps a try.. they seem to do a pretty good job for me....

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
only "beartooth pass" i see is here in MD......then to yellowstone? lol that cant be right.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »

Give google maps a try.. they seem to do a pretty good job for me....
Yeh Yahoo maps sucks...google is pretty good
You might find this link usefull - Beartooth road report  http://www.beartoothhighway.com/ ...they always say it will be open on Memorial Day but depending on how much snow they get that can change.
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 08:59:29 AM by ROADKILL »
Microtel Inn and Suites Maggie Valley
3777 U.S. 19, Maggie Valley, NC ‎
(828) 926-8554       Booking code: "Raider Rally"