Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: WARR 2013  (Read 26450 times)

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WARR 2013
« Reply #120 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
Okay gents & ladies.  I talked with Larry this evening and I'm helping him out with some of the preliminary organization - rooms in Jackson to be exact.

I contacted the Super8 there and asked for 30 rooms to be set aside and gave them the dates - June 21-23.

The manager was gone for the day but will be contacting me with availability and rates.

Apparently there should be rooms available - but on one day there is a bus tour coming in and there may be limited availability on rooms with 2 beds.  So looks like AresX wil have to double up with the Stryker Chick!   My gawd - pad the headbopard - I had the room next to them in Carson -  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What I'm looking to do is reserve a block of rooms and then lock in a time frame for everyone to make reservations - with a reasonable cancellation option.

http://www.super8.com/hotels/wyoming/jackson/super-8-jackson-hole/photos-video?partner_id=&hotel_id=03700&campaign_code=&propId=SE03700&checkout_date&brand_id=SE&children=0&corporate_id=&ratePlan=&teens=0&affiliate_id=&iata=&rate_code=&adults=1&checkin_date&rooms=1

Any suggestions or comments welcomed.

I'll keep you all posted.

"Life... it's all about the ride."

rable

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Jan 08, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »
Someone needs to start a list of people who are going to try to come,so you know to plan it

luvmy68

• I call her Ruby....
  • AZ Group
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
coastal:  Don't think I've ever ridden with snowdrifts higher than my sled (that would be the right name for it in these conditions, don't ya think)?  What do you think the temp will be at the top anyway?

I'm definitely making plans to be there but not sure about the wife yet. 

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:00:56 AM »
coastal:  Don't think I've ever ridden with snowdrifts higher than my sled (that would be the right name for it in these conditions, don't ya think)?  What do you think the temp will be at the top anyway?

are these reports off snow serious ?  ???

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »

are these reports off snow serious ?  ???

http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/weather.htm

:shrug:  Never can tell with Mother Nature....

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »
Me and Flipper rode it June 11 the Beartooth was closed  until 2pm because of snow the day before, it had just opened when we got to Cooke City - it was in the high 30's ...here's a pic...that's a lake in the background
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013, 10:30:15 AM by ROADKILL »
Microtel Inn and Suites Maggie Valley
3777 U.S. 19, Maggie Valley, NC ‎
(828) 926-8554       Booking code: "Raider Rally"

AZ~Raider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
Look COOL  ,,, no really looks COOOOOLLL!!!  :rotfl:     Brrrrrrrrr!

luvmy68

• I call her Ruby....
  • AZ Group
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
Me and Flipper rode it June 11 the Beartooth was closed  until 2pm because of snow the day before, it had just opened when we got to Cooke City - it was in the high 30's ...here's a pic...that's a lake in the background

High 30s isn't too bad - I've got gear that keeps me pretty warm at that temp at 70mph.  Thanks for posting the picture, gonna miss Flipper this year...sure hope the surgery works for him and he can get back out there and ride with us again.

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
Man you guys sure know how to make a guy Jelous. We have a trip planned for work around that time, the dates haven't firmed up yet. My damn sister got married last year and canx this trip for me. This year isn't looking any better.

AZ~Raider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
Man you guys sure know how to make a guy Jelous. We have a trip planned for work around that time, the dates haven't firmed up yet. My damn sister got married last year and canx this trip for me. This year isn't looking any better.
;D >:( ;D
2014 ....grand canyon!!!!!!!!! put it on the calendar now!

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Jan 09, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »

That video was taken 10th June 2011 - and I have no idea if that was an extraordinary high snowfall year or not.  But in the mountains after a winter of high winds you get significant drifting where some areas that are exposed are bare dirt and leeside can have drifts that are very deep.  That would account for some of the areas in that video still having 15 ft snowbanks that they cut thru to open the road.

Accommodation Jackson Hole
I talked with Super8 manager this morning who happens to ride  and he is contacting his HO to see what rates he can get us no answer yet, but should know in a day or two.  I also asked if he could check and see if the discount rate could apply for any of us that need rooms on our trip to and from Jackson Hole.

Grand Canyon suggestion for WARR 2014
What time of year would we have to schedule that to ensure we didn't hit 100+ degree temps?  Last year at WARR/Carson Dreadly and company were planning on visitibg the canyon but there were eXtreme heat warnings for the area.

The Grand Canyon is a long ride from here - I might as well carry on south and mooch a couple months accommodation/food/brewskies at ROADKILL's estate in Florida.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Jan 09, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »

...Grand Canyon suggestion for WARR 2014
What time of year would we have to schedule that to ensure we didn't hit 100+ degree temps?  Last year at WARR/Carson Dreadly and company were planning on visitibg the canyon but there were eXtreme heat warnings for the area.

The Grand Canyon is a long ride from here - I might as well carry on south and mooch a couple months accommodation/food/brewskies at ROADKILL's estate in Florida.

Depends on what kindof Canuck hot weather fill in the humorous good natured slur here that you are going to be.. the temps are pretty doable for most of the year round...

http://www.grandcanyontreks.org/preciptemps.htm

:D

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

luvmy68

• I call her Ruby....
  • AZ Group
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
Coastal:  Did you make sure he knew we would need a lot of furniture outside while we're there?   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Is anyone soaking the cherries?

June really is the best time to set these up as we have people coming from all different climates (any earlier and you guys would be riding down in the snow, right?).  Also, people coming from the hot climes of AZ, NM, etc. are used to riding in that blinding heat. 

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »
Coastal:  Did you make sure he knew we would need a lot of furniture outside while we're there?   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

June really is the best time to set these up as we have people coming from all different climates (any earlier and you guys would be riding down in the snow, right?).  Also, people coming from the hot climes of AZ, NM, etc. are used to riding in that blinding heat.

It has to be timed just right - otherwise Dreadly has to start off from Edmonton in a snowmobile suit and probably end up arriving at Flagstaff wearing nothing but a G-string and tattoos...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

It has to be timed just right - otherwise Dreadly has to start off from Edmonton in a snowmobile suit and probably end up arriving at Flagstaff wearing nothing but a G-string and tattoos...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!