Author Topic: WARR 2013  (Read 71962 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 20
Re: WARR 2013
« Reply #210 on: Jan 14, 2013, 11:04:03 am »
I'm not going so I don't have a horse in this race - but I called the motel in Cody WY that me and Flipper stayed at last year they said they would do $88 per nite with a 20 room block. Cody is not as touristy as Jackson (I've never liked Jackson). From Cody it's 95 miles to Grand Loop inside the park and it puts everyone a lot closer to the Beartooth and Chief Joseph Hwy  http://goo.gl/maps/E9G5e ....there's some good restaurants and a liquor store a short distance away.
Or what about Evanston WY isn't that where wyldfyre is ftom?

http://www.skylinemotorinn.com/ 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #211 on: Jan 14, 2013, 11:09:26 am »
    We can all stay at Wyldfyre's house!!!

Veego

« Reply #212 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:03:42 pm »
    Was hoping to ride my Raider if the rally was Yellowstone but have to be in Sante Fe on the 23rd on the Hog. Could do Grand Junction and spend time with a bud there before heading south. Everything still depends on if I take vacation or ride out this contract and call it done. There's also an American Legion ride around the 18th-21st of July in SE Idaho so I'd have lots of options if I keep it within a 35 day window. Too early to tell at this point.

• Advertisement

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #213 on: Jan 14, 2013, 01:55:12 pm »
      Vernal Ut has Dinosaurs !!!!!!!  :timeout:  http://www.nps.gov/dino/index.htm
      Plenty of motels in the 60-80 range per night, One will accommodate blocks of 5 at a time. To many to choose from until this becomes real.  :P

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012-13-14
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #214 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »
      Jack Hole Super8 rooms canceled.

Depending on final selection there is a Super8 on the west end of Vernal.  From Google Earth it looks like your standard Super8 design building with large parking lot.  It's close to eveything including "jug store".
      http://www.super8.com/hotels/utah/vernal/super-8-vernal-ut/photos-video?partner_id=&hotel_id=08744&campaign_code=&propId=SE08744&checkout_date&brand_id=SE&children=0&corporate_id&ratePlan&teens=0&affiliate_id=&iata=&rate_code&adults=1&checkin_date&rooms=1

Property Located 20 Minutes From Dinosaur National Monument.

Stay within your budget and enjoy the comfortable accommodations at our Super 8 Vernal UT hotel near Field House of Natural History State Park Museum in Utah dinosaur country. Located just off Highway 40, our Vernal, Utah, hotel offers handy amenities like free Wi-Fi, allowing you to post photos online of your adventures in the Colorado Plateau. Soak in the hot tub or lounge beside the large heated indoor pool while the kiddies splash around. Start with free SuperStart continental breakfast each morning, grab a free area map from the lobby, then be on your merry way (as in get the f*#K OUT!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Life... it's all about the ride."

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #215 on: Jan 14, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »
      Have we done any kind of count on members attending?  I'm not seeing a lot of people chiming in here.

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #216 on: Jan 14, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »
      I'm in for wherever/whenever the group wants to go..  I'd prefer not to camp, if I can avoid it..  I was wanting to ride Glacier Nat'l Park, so if our Canadian and Northern brethren wanted to do that on their way back, that'd be cool.. :)

Peter Pollock

• Raider
      « Reply #217 on: Jan 14, 2013, 06:41:04 pm »
      OK - looked up the map and saw where Vernal UT is located.

Why are we picking this place exactly ... are there some great riding routes nearby?
      We could choose locations in UT that are closer to the Tetons, WY or nice country in Idaho.
      We could even go towards Yellowstone in MT.

Does anyone know this area really well ... Luvmy68 - is there a special reason for Vernal??

dT

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #218 on: Jan 14, 2013, 06:53:32 pm »

Why are we picking this place exactly ... are there some great riding routes nearby?
      We could choose locations in UT that are closer to the Tetons, WY or nice country in Idaho.

Does anyone know this area really well ... Luvmy68 - is there a special reason for Vernal??

dT

It's where the dart landed when he threw it at the map...  :shrug: :rotfl:

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
      • AZ Group
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #219 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »

dT

Good one Deyv, but twas AZ Raider who threw that dart...I just followed up on his suggestion on an earlier post.  I in no way intended to take the lead on this but am  willing to help get everything arranged.  RedStarRaider started this thread but hasn't weighed in since Jan 8th...I say let's see what his thoughts are on location and go with it.  It seems it has been hijacked and I guess I'm as guilty as anyone of muddying up the waters.  RedStar ---- where fore art thou RedStar?

I shall make no further comments, plans, arrangements, suggestions until we hear from him.  Like I said before, I'm pretty sure last year's WARR site was decided on by RoadKill and then whoever wants to come, come on.  This process can get too democratic to the point where everyone loses interest and the real reason is to get together, NOT where we get together.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #220 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:24:17 pm »

dT

Good one Deyv, but twas AZ Raider who threw that dart...I just followed up on his suggestion on an earlier post.  I in no way intended to take the lead on this but am  willing to help get everything arranged.  RedStarRaider started this thread but hasn't weighed in since Jan 8th...I say let's see what his thoughts are on location and go with it.  It seems it has been hijacked and I guess I'm as guilty as anyone of muddying up the waters.  RedStar ---- where fore art thou RedStar?

I shall make no further comments, plans, arrangements, suggestions until we hear from him.  Like I said before, I'm pretty sure last year's WARR site was decided on by RoadKill and then whoever wants to come, come on.  This process can get too democratic to the point where everyone loses interest and the real reason is to get together, NOT where we get together.
      I didn't have anything to do with picking the location...I just ran into a good deal on the hotel.

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #221 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »
      dont be pointin that dart at me  :rolleyes: I was down for a CO and UT run. But I am in anyway anyone wants ta go.
       Guess we need a leader!  ;D
      Maybe a poll of were everyone want to go? ???

Peter Pollock

• Raider
      « Reply #222 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:46:04 pm »
      OK ... so the basic plan is to get drunk in Vernal, UT and stare at old dinosaur bones.

Roger that.

dT

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #223 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:51:05 pm »
      OK ... so the basic plan is to get drunk in Vernal, UT and stare at old dinosaur bones.

Roger that.

dT
      Even though that sounds  awesome, :P  What about a ride into CO?

Paladin

• Roadliner
      « Reply #224 on: Jan 14, 2013, 11:53:11 pm »
      Have we done any kind of count on members attending?  I'm not seeing a lot of people chiming in here.
      If the room rates are reasonable and there's liquor to be had, then I'm in. However, I'm not real big on the camping out part. If Im gonna camp out, I'll do it in Pahrump, NV.
      Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.