Author Topic: battery tender install: Should o Shouldnt I  (Read 3912 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 20
Re: battery tender install: Should o Shouldnt I
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2012, 02:57:28 pm »
ok, could someone explain to an ignorant newbie what does the "install tender" mean?
I understand how to remove a seat and plug the tender to a battery, but what is "installing it"?

Thanks,
Baron
Battery tenders usually come with two different set ups 1) a pigtail with alligator clips 2) a pigtail with ring connectors that permanently attach to the battery. I use the one with the ring connectors and the plug comes out just behind the seat so all I have to due is remove the cap and plug it in.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »
    I like the pigtails for the charger ... is it possible to buy just these 'pigtails'? I have a battery charger. I have to buy a charger for the wife's bike ...

This?

https://www.denniskirk.com/battery-tender/junior-plus-replacement-snap-cord.p28919.prd/28919.sku

Metric

• Roadliner
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »
    My pigtail come out by the passenger foot peg on left side...I also installed another one where the gas tank meets the seat. I have a cig. Lighter with pig tail in my tank bag that plugs into that one for charging stuff and 12 volt power
    SEMPER FI  " welcome home" combat vets

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »
      I like the pigtails for the charger ... is it possible to buy just these 'pigtails'? I have a battery charger. I have to buy a charger for the wife's bike ...

This?

https://www.denniskirk.com/battery-tender/junior-plus-replacement-snap-cord.p28919.prd/28919.sku

Cool thanks!

Raiderrottie

• Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:54:41 pm »
      I just hooked up the Tender i have shaped like a V-Twin for my bike and quad.  Starts up when plugged in!! love it

bigjohn

« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
      sounds like a no brainer.. i ride year round. so i guess i don't need one. big john

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »
      My pigtail come out by the passenger foot peg on left side...I also installed another one where the gas tank meets the seat. I have a cig. Lighter with pig tail in my tank bag that plugs into that one for charging stuff and 12 volt power
      ;D ;D I charged my buddies battery over night on his truck through his cig lighter beings his battery went dead and the hood latch was broken.. He didnt think you could through the lighter. ;D ;D .
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:04:29 pm »
      sounds like a no brainer.. i ride year round. so i guess i don't need one. big john
      I ride year round as well, but due to weather (snow and severe cold) can't or don't ride for a week or so at times so that is when I use the Battery Tender.  Like to know that the cold isn't draining the battery and when I get ready to ride, so is the bike.  You may live in an area that isn't as cold, couldn't tell as you are not on the map.

seventhLetter

• Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2012, 07:12:14 am »
      I have been using a tender every night now for about a week and a half.  I ride everyday, but I use some energy sucking heated gear this time of year that was draining the battery down.  Since I started using the tender, my cold starts have been almost immediate and I've had no issues with sputtering due to dead battery while riding.
      RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.