Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: 30mpg?? I figured better out of it!  (Read 3768 times)

Bearster18

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 30mpg?? I figured better out of it!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
Was there a firmware update for the PCIII?  Maybe call Dynojet and ask.

As for the map being too rich, compare it to some other maps by looking at the numbers in each cell.  I have copied/pasted quite a few PCV maps into an Excel spreadsheet for comparison.  If you want that let me know and I can email to you.  You can sort it by rpm, by map maker, etc, to look at the various map numbers by RPM.  Makes it easy to compare values.

I've got an 09 with LA Chopper and PCV and I've never seen worse than 33 and gotten as high as like 49, with generally expected average on the highway of 40-42 and 37 in town with stock 210 rear tire.

Hey man can I get that emailed to me? danieleckley@hotmail.com.  Thank you!  I appreciate all the insight guys
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

Coldfinger

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »
I emailed the spreadsheet.

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »
My 09 gets between 43 and 45 if I ride it like grandpaw.  BUT I like to twist it and my mpg goes down to 36.  I would thing that your map on the PC might be off and need a retune to get a better map for the bike.
Crazy skull lookin bike

Simplicity and Logic do not fit in Government Work!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »
Even riding it like I stole it my with bak and LAC gets 42mpg. 

As a quick check for richness have someone follow you and do a hard acceleration.  If you are pushing lots of black smoke you're running really rich and your mileage will suffer.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
I once pulled 47mpg out of Betty. I was with a friend who had his daughter on the back. We never got over 55 driving on back roads for about 100 miles. Other wise, on open highway 70 MPH or more... 40MPG seems to be the number.
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

DoBoy

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
I got around 35 first few tanks. I didn't pay attention when but it did go up after a while. 6000+ miles now and i get about 42 mpg.

distantThunder

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:48:39 PM »
i was getting around 30-32 mpg on my bike.  it has gone up to about 35-36 now that i have a windshield.

your low mileage may be due to the fact that you are heavy on the throttle hand, you tend to ride at higher rpm's (lower gears), or you are a big person and have more wind drag.  try installing a shield with a good amount of height.

dT

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
I wouldnt have that gettin 30mpg. The dealer would have to find out the problem.  But comeing off a crotch rocket . I was used to the quicker speed it got to .
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
Stock 2009 "S", Im gettin 48 mi/gal on the hiway.
I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
Well took a pretty decent normal cruising trip and still only bested like 35 mpgs average. I know the 240 tire throws off the ODO some but not enough to negate this bad of gas mileage.  So PC3 remapping here i come!
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
Well took a pretty decent normal cruising trip and still only bested like 35 mpgs average. I know the 240 tire throws off the ODO some but not enough to negate this bad of gas mileage.  So PC3 remapping here i come!

Bearster,
If you don't have a bak you could simply turn the PC3 off.  Then check your mileage.  THe cobra swepts are one of the pipes that don't need a programmer as long as you didn't change the intake.  MNRaider, has been running his without and got acceptable AFR readings when we were at a dyno shootout a few years back.  If your mileage returns, then its either the PC3 or your map.  If not its something else.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 05, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Silly question but how do turn this pc3 off? As far as this bike goes I don't think it's got a bak.

Veego

« Reply #27 on: Nov 05, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »
Might have to disconnect it at the battery or a fuse somewhere. More than likely you'll want to let the bike sit for a bit without power so it refreshes the ECU. Think I read that somewhere...no crack to smoke here so that ain't why I don't recall.  :)

Coldfinger

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »
Don't know if the PC can be "turned off".  I have a PCV and the only way I know is to disconnect it, which isn't that hard once you know how the connectors work.  If there is another way that'd be great because I want to do some g-force testing using my i-touch with a g-force program.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Don't know if the PC can be "turned off".  I have a PCV and the only way I know is to disconnect it, which isn't that hard once you know how the connectors work.  If there is another way that'd be great because I want to do some g-force testing using my i-touch with a g-force program.

In the PCV there is a disable selection in the options menu.  I would think the PC3 would be similar.
Kick Logic To The Curb!