Raider Patches

Author Topic: 30mpg?? I figured better out of it!  (Read 4147 times)

Bearster18

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 30mpg?? I figured better out of it!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 08, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »
Found out the PC3 was running rich as hell. Someone had obviously just started pushing the low/mid/high buttons on this thing. I zero'd it back out for the time being. We'll see what she does. Bike seems to respond much better and more crisp.
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

Coldfinger

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Capt Zoom - I went to the options menu and all I see is Environment Options on my computer but I'm not connected to the PCV unit on the bike.

In the Environment Options box, one of the selections is:
Table Cell Tracer - Enabled (box is not checked), this is the only thing that looks like I can disable. Actually, it appears disabled now because the box is not checked.   Is this the box I check or uncheck to enable/disable it?

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
That disbles the ability to see a highlighted cell where the engine is operating.  It does not disable the PC.  The only way I know of to "disble" the PC is to run it with a zero map or disconnect it. 
Might have to disconnect it at the battery or a fuse somewhere. More than likely you'll want to let the bike sit for a bit without power so it refreshes the ECU. Think I read that somewhere...no crack to smoke here so that ain't why I don't recall.  :)
That's only hearsay anyway.  You probably read it here or on another forum.  There are some ECU's that learn and forget when you remove the power.  If the Raider's ECU does that, I haven't found it an any of the authoratative literature. 

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »
I heard it works from some people and some said it dont . I disconected mine when i changed mine . It ran exactly the same
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
well got the BAK installed and a new pc3 map courtesy of a fellow board member here. So i've run some tanks through this bike to get some ideas. First off these bikes suck to fill with gas cause it takes forever to get it full. Secondly Not one single tank has gone over 35 mpg even with mainly hwy miles. I'm even getting highly easy on this thing and still this. what could be the issue?
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »
Sounds like something isn't right somewhere.  I also have an 09 with Cobra Swepts and PCIII.  I've gotten a few tanks (riding only in town with stop and go traffic) where I've dropped into the high 30's for mpg, but generally even with some town and highway mixed in get in the low 40's and have gone into the 50's when I've been up in the mountains sight seeing.  This has been approximately the same mileage on mine since I got it (1151 miles) and presently have over 28,000 on it.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear.  In the options menu you can disable the autotune module.  Not the PCV itself.  A simple way to disable the PCV is to remove its power.  The system should immediately return to using the stock ECU as long as you have the 02 sensor connected.  Not sure if the stock ECU will throw codes if the Stock O2 isn't connected.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
I get about that - 30mpg if I converted it correctly to l/100km - 6.2 l/100 km

In fact, two of us rode together 4000+ miles last year and got about the same mileage

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »
If you disconnect the power on the PCV the bike will not run until you disconnect the wiring for the injectors.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
well got the BAK installed and a new pc3 map courtesy of a fellow board member here. So i've run some tanks through this bike to get some ideas. First off these bikes suck to fill with gas cause it takes forever to get it full. Secondly Not one single tank has gone over 35 mpg even with mainly hwy miles. I'm even getting highly easy on this thing and still this. what could be the issue?

How does it take forever?  Mine is full in probably 30-45 seconds.  Is that a long time?

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »

How does it take forever?  Mine is full in probably 30-45 seconds.  Is that a long time?
takes patience to top it off

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »

takes patience to top it off

A little, but it's not that bad.  It's even harder with the LA Chopper's profiler cap.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
Mine got around 30 mpg a little while ago . I had changed my plugs. got 30. Changed them again. Same thing. Got a new set . Mileage went up. I think i bought a set of bad plugs.
On the fill ups . I filled mine up the other day . I dont know if i waisted it or not. But i filled it up then barely let it run and got a lot more in it.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Mar 29, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »
Well got a map to match my mods, changed plugs, ect and now the mileage in town has gone to like 26-28 mpgs. Taking it to run on the dyno and get tuned in a couple weeks. Something has to found here cause this is slightly ridiculous.

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Mar 29, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
If im gentle on the throttle and do mostly highway cruising im able to eek out about 34 mpg avg. I have a BAK, PC 5, wicked curves exhaust, a 250 tire, and i weigh 200 #s. I think it has more to do with the fact that you are used to a 650 bullet and how far you twist that throttle. Idk how these guys get in the 40s, ive never gotten that much ever since i started modding it.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
"Harley Davidsons have the unique ability to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower...."