Raider Patches

Author Topic: Raked Bagger from Tejas  (Read 5172 times)

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Raked Bagger from Tejas
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
That and I dropped what like $400 for the setup? That really looks great. I have a 2010 in red. What are the chances a paint shop can match my color? Maybe you could sell me one painted? I'm sure my buddy could modify the brackets. I need to try to get a hold of a set. Do you know if they sell that part separately? I changed bars as well but kept the stock risers. What should I look for with respect to complications? With all these questions, do you regret starting this thread! LOL
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

bhodge

• www.tejasmotorsports.com
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Tejas Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
Always wondered what the Raider would like with those bags mounted up. Looks great. I see that you created a tube mount for the bottom support. I take it the tubing bends in and then up to a fender mount? Would like to see a picture showing just the support system but then it's probably a proprietary system.

Left exhaust, phantom setup and stops before the belt? Nope, looks like it's functional as well. You just might have some future products to sell there. Well done!

The bag mounts are suppored off of the two fender mounts and behind the passenger footpeg mount location.  They use the Harley quick release tabs so that the bags can be removed at a hotel or for cleaning easily.  The bike has already left or I would take pics for you.  When we do the rear fender I will get more pics.

The exhasut is a true dual and the front cylinder pipe crosses under the bike.

Veego

« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
Aww yes, I had to expand the pictures and I see what you did there. Very cool on the bag support. I do have to wonder about his ground clearance with the pipes like that but it looks well balanced.

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
That bike gives me a chubby.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
That bike gives me a chubby.

Wait....

... don't you need to drop the "ch" and add an "st"?     :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
Not quite a woody, but close.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

bhodge

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • Tejas Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »
That and I dropped what like $400 for the setup? That really looks great. I have a 2010 in red. What are the chances a paint shop can match my color? Maybe you could sell me one painted? I'm sure my buddy could modify the brackets. I need to try to get a hold of a set. Do you know if they sell that part separately? I changed bars as well but kept the stock risers. What should I look for with respect to complications? With all these questions, do you regret starting this thread! LOL

No regrets, lol!  I could paint to match for you, but I would suggest getting the mounting done first, so that we can fill any un-needed holes and it is easier to mock up custom before paint so that you have no accidents!

Brent

bhodge

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • Tejas Motorsports
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
Aww yes, I had to expand the pictures and I see what you did there. Very cool on the bag support. I do have to wonder about his ground clearance with the pipes like that but it looks well balanced.

The bike was lowered in these pics.  We decided to put it back to stock height and he ordered air ride today!  I was a little concearned about the pipe too.

Brent

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
Brent, thanks for the pictures.  I have been looking at the Tsukayu fairing and really wanted to see a picture of it on a raider.  I have a few questions about it, if you dont mind answering them for me. 
How does access to the key work?  It looks like it covers that up.
Also, will this fairing clear for the LA choppers bars?  Luke from raiderperformance.com tried their GPS unit with the LA bars, and it wouldnt fit....but it is a double DIN head unit.  Do you think this single DIN unit would clear the LA bars?

They key area is not blocked and un-effected.  I wanted to move the fairing down more but couldn't without moving the key location.

I think the LA Choppers would work with this fairing, no problem being a single DIN.  I can't answer for sure on a double becuase the bike has already left or I would measure it.
Brent, thanks for the response.  I think im sold now.  Are you a vendor/distributor for Tsukayu?  if so what can you get a "radio ready" batwing 6X9 fairing?  they advertise $587 shipped with mount brackets and choice of windshield.  They also offer the option of a 12v plug in, but dont list the cost.....would much rather give you the business if you are a distributor.....let me know
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

Veego

« Reply #24 on: Nov 02, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Cool info on the exhaust and bike being lowered. So is the exhaust for sale or a one off thing? I have true duals on my Ultra but it's too dang loud for long haul stuff. I might take the mufflers and see if I can reclaim them to use with the rest of the exhaust system. More than likely though it's sold as a complete kit (unless it was a one off build). And yes, thanks for the pics. Oh and for clearance, is the pipe that runs underneath round or is it flattened out to an oval shape. Would gain a little more ground clearance that way.

I was thinking of going this route since I do like the 2-1-2 approach to scavenge for max torque. I know the Rinehart true duals on my Ultra rob some low end torque but are better for higher rpm's. Just another idea that would keep the exhaust sytem down low so the pegs/floorboards are down lower than the stock setup.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 04:54:32 PM by RuneRaider »

Veego

« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
Boarzilla approach if a person wanted to ghost a fake pipe on the other side and not deal with clearance issues. I'm sure you've seen these before, just adding so others can see different ideas.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Very nice looking bike.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Fj_Ohio

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
Very well done Brent I am really impressed. My compliments to you and your team.
FJ

Matt-va

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:38:22 AM »
coming together nicely.... I think I would just remove the rear Yamaha blinkers and come up with something diff..

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »
I love seeing more and more Raider Nation riders on our fully bagged out monsters. Let the nay sayers whine and bitch about how it isnít right, ugly or somehow a bad thing. I donít give a damn what they think. I enjoy my dressed Raider as much or more as any of them enjoy theirs.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012, 08:49:15 AM by gostr8r »
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,