Raider Patches

Author Topic: New exhaust, baffles, etc..  (Read 440 times)

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New exhaust, baffles, etc..
« on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the raider and I am getting a new Wicked Curves exhaust and BCT baffles.  I will eventually get a BAK to go along with this setup (eventually because I just dropped half a paycheck on a down payment so i need to wait another check or two).  Should I go ahead and buy the PCV for tuning or just take it to get it done for me.  I never changed my pipes on my last bike, I bought it used and it already had Cobra drags with stock air kit, so I am not familiar with the power commander. Thanks in advance for any advice.
If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
Re: New exhaust, baffles, etc..
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
 I would leave it alone till I got ready to do the BAK .  Many here and dealers say you don't need to change anything with just pipes . It's the BAK the requires you to ad a PC . My self I run the Cobra Pro. It does it all No need for a tuner,maps ect. . Others here are on other side say you need the PC to get the last drop of power.  So like the Ford -Chev   , Turbo or Supercharger.  We have the PC  or Cobra Pro  .  All of these are 2 different camps  that think their is better idea.  Such is the world of motor heads.  ;D
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2012, 06:13:42 PM »
With the wicked curves pipes from LA Choppers you will need a fuel management system.  Several of us had our bikes tested for AFR years ago and these pipes will make the bike run an unacceptable AFR.

Just get the PCV and use one of the 4 maps I posted or one of the maps that others posted.  Check out the recent discussion on the cobra power pro as to why its not proven for these short pipes as well.  Shorter pipes require greater flexibility from a tuner.  The PCV gives you that.  When you get a BAK just switch your map.  If you like the map keep it and save your tuning dollars for something else.  If you don't get a personalized tune.  The pipes are awesome BTW.  Not sure why you're getting the BCT baffles though.  THey are nice but expensive considering that the newest version of the Wicked curves will have the baffle packing so you won't have the chirp and will have a lower tone.  Personally, I'd skip the BCT baffles as well to save cash..
Kick Logic To The Curb!

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »
 Look in the classfieds I think their a  PC V in their very reasonable
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I will probably forego the BCT baffles now that I have the pipes installed.  They were a bit of a headache to install without a jack but I managed to get them I. With the help if my wife and father.  They are awesome though.  Went in a ride Saturday and everyone was oohing and aahing over the pipes.  Even the guy with the chopper HA!   I will get a PCV though. I did notice the a/f was off.  I will keep posting as I do mods. I have a list a page long that my wife "appears" to be ok with (we shall see).  Thanks for the help again. 
With the wicked curves pipes from LA Choppers you will need a fuel management system.  Several of us had our bikes tested for AFR years ago and these pipes will make the bike run an unacceptable AFR.

Just get the PCV and use one of the 4 maps I posted or one of the maps that others posted.  Check out the recent discussion on the cobra power pro as to why its not proven for these short pipes as well.  Shorter pipes require greater flexibility from a tuner.  The PCV gives you that.  When you get a BAK just switch your map.  If you like the map keep it and save your tuning dollars for something else.  If you don't get a personalized tune.  The pipes are awesome BTW.  Not sure why you're getting the BCT baffles though.  THey are nice but expensive considering that the newest version of the Wicked curves will have the baffle packing so you won't have the chirp and will have a lower tone.  Personally, I'd skip the BCT baffles as well to save cash..

If you ain't riding, you ain't living.