Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Sold M109R, thinking of a Raider. Just a few quick Q's??  (Read 2135 times)

Motodad393

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Sold M109R, thinking of a Raider. Just a few quick Q's??
« Reply #30 on: Nov 05, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
The stock raider handles well but I'm not a fan at all of the ME880 rear 210 tire.  It has a very flat profile making leans feel somewhat discontinuous.  This tires is also very squirrelly in the wet.  If you buy the raider ask your dealer to credit you for the 210 and have them put on the AVON Cobra or Venom 240.  You'll be much happier.  After the credit the Avon should cost you less than $100.  I think I paid $40 for it after the credit on the mets.  The avon's Cobras are much stickier, last 3-4 times longer (10k miles), have the most tread of any of the 240's that fit the raider, look better, are shorter correcting your stock speedo error and improving acceleration, and have a more rounded profile that makes leans feel more linked.  Don't worry about the stock MEtz front...its fine unless you want your tires matched...its the rear 210 that's crap.

Capt Zoom,

Sorry but I must disagree with you.  Cobras naturally wont last longer Metz.  Yes, as everyone says Cobras are a better tire but they are stickier because the rubber is softer.  Therefore, Cobra's naturally cutting the life of the tire in comparison to a tire with tougher (more slick) tread.

Actually they do.  Many of us on these forums have gotten more than 10k on the Avon Cobra tire.  While the Metz 210 averages around 4k and their 240 around 6-8k.  The Avon is a better tire in every way.  And that's no even considering the mismanufactured '08 Metz 210 that came with the raiders.  Metz put the tread on backwards and they were recalled everywhere in the world but the United states.  Read up on it and this tire if you like.  We have plenty of threads about these tires as well as the dunlops and Shinkos and I think you'll find overwhelming support for my claim.

I am on my third set of Cobra AV72 240 with the matching front tire.  I have gotten over 14,500 miles on both sets.  The key is to focus on 42 psi rear and ~ 37 psi front tire.  They grab and wear awesome.  You could not give me a Metzler 210!  For me is Cobra AV72 all the way!

Ride Safe
MD393

"We should separate from our companions only when the sole alternatives left, are the dissolution of our Union with them, or submission to a government without limitation of powers." - Thomas Jefferson

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 06, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for the responses. Looks like I gotta find a raider to test ride   8)

I did sit on a raider and it definitely felt more comfortable than the m109r.
Just wondering....what does being in the windy city have to do with not being able to test ride a Raider? Im near Detroit and am still riding mine if it's the weather your talking about? Supposed to be in the low 60's this weekend...perfect riding weather!! There is a dealer near me in Toledo that has a new Raven S model and a Purple S model I bet you could get for 12 K out the door if you were interested.

shadowrider43

• "Above All Family"
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
I made the move from  the M109 to the Raider was the best decision I've ever made

RaiderScooby

• 2011 Raider S
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:45:35 AM »
I come back with a big smile everytime I ride my Raider.  I like it more and more all the time.   I moved from a Stryker to a Raider. 
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.