Raider Patches

Author Topic: Tsukayu Fairing  (Read 759 times)

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Tsukayu Fairing
« on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
For someone that has one, can you post the exact measurement between the fork mounts? See 2.E.4

Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
Re: Tsukayu Fairing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »
The I need this measurement.  Thanks

Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Matt-va

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »
I can check tonight but I think its like 12.5- 12.750...?

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »
Thanks. I spoke to Tsukayu and frankly, the guy wasn't much help. He said he would sell me the brackets alone so I can give them to my buddy so he can modify them to work with my Yamaha factory QR windshield mount. If he's successful, I'll get the fairing less the brackets. I'm not overly worried about what my buddy needs to do but if the width won't work, it can't be done. When you're looking at it, let me know the min/max. The guy said something about different spacers. Thanks again. This a great help.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »
Matt,

I just checked out your pics. Your bike loks great. Did you buy the fairing without the sound system? I thought I saw an amp. If this is the case, was it very hard? I think I'd like to duplicate what you did.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Matt-va

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=16985.0

check out this thread from when I went thur my install.....  The install kit came with different size spacers ( guess for different bikes??) to adjust the width, I just put the fork clamps on, squared the up and put the fairing on loose and then just adjusted to eye, It probley isnt 100% true, but It looks bad azz...

And thanks for the comments.. Cant take full credit I kinda copied " spreston " bike.. I really liked his setup on the fairing...  I plan to get some bags one day, I just got done installing the intergrated taillight and next going to lower my bike, then want to chrome the rims.. so bags yeah... one day...

As far as Tsukayu, I have nothing but good things to say for them, I was contacted by a Jason? from them ; I was missing a spacer I needed and needed more of the gasket material after having to paint It twice, and They took really good care of me.  I just wish they had parts availble on their web site for order...( just in case)
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012, 03:26:31 PM by Matt-va »