Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: PCV setting  (Read 1180 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: PCV setting
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
...and autotune for the PCV is $230? this is why id rather not pay to tune any more and to make it a little more reasonable if you say create a working SAC and say create some pipes in your garage how then else can you tune the bike?

you don't....not without risking your motor.  Invest in getting a pro tune from a good reputable tuner or get the autotune and tinker.  I'm not sure i'd trust a Cobra power pro because a working SAC and custom pipes (especially if they are really short like most custom pipes seem to be) are going to be very different from anything its been used on before.

With Custom pipes your safest option is to use the PCV since its so flexible.  Imagine spending your coin on a powerpro just to find it does work with your very custom setup.  Better to just get the PCV and a used autotune.  I sold mine for $125 (wish I hadn't).  They can be found out there.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Deyv

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Here's is the map that Dyno Tune offers for the Raider w/ V&H 2-1 pipes.... the values are adjustable, but I don't know which direction to take the numbers....

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »
Here's is the map that Dyno Tune offers for the Raider w/ V&H 2-1 pipes.... the values are adjustable, but I don't know which direction to take the numbers....

First, this is the fuel map.  I don't mess with the fuel map since you can get rich or lean really really fast.  Your better off messing with the AFR changing by a .1 and trying out.
second, if this is the map they are providing for your set up why do you want to change it?

If you have a BAK, I can understand changing it...so what I would do is download some maps that were made with a BAK and those pipes.  Then try them out and pick the one that gives you the feel (power, acceleration) and sound (idle, and popping) that you want.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2012, 11:10:23 PM »
It's just really popping more than I like.. and I am trying to improve the mileage.. recently have experienced about a 14-16% fuel economy loss and am trying to figure out what changed...   I guess I cannot make changes to the AFR as i cannot find it in the Power commander program.. Thanks for all your help!!! I appreciate the time... :)

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
It's just really popping more than I like.. and I am trying to improve the mileage.. recently have experienced about a 14-16% fuel economy loss and am trying to figure out what changed...   I guess I cannot make changes to the AFR as i cannot find it in the Power commander program.. Thanks for all your help!!! I appreciate the time... :)

I see.  I would try a couple of things.  Reinstall the firmware on the PCV twice making sure it updates.  Then either try a new map and if you can't find one you like go back to this one and drop your fuel number in a cell where you have popping by 1.  Then try it.  I wouldn't try going more than absolute 1 in either direction.

As far as popping goes I've had luck removing popping by richening (lowering) cells by 1-4%AFR. Richening will increase fuel consumption though.

The fastest way to check if its the PCV is to simply try a new map.

Another alternative is to ask around the forum if someone in the Phoenix area (that's where you are right) has an autotune you can barrow for a couple hours.  not sure if Ares uses it or not.  Installation would only take 5 min if your PCV is under the seat.  Just installing it will open up the other functions of the PCV so you can adjust the AFR.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »
AFR is part of Autotune. With the correct installation of the PCV, the O2 sensor is disconnected. So any reference to A/F is moot. Maybe the OP messed simeting up installing the air kit. As I posted before, putting pipes and an air kit is pretty minimal. In fact, it's probably borderline of needinf a fuel management system at all. Check your install and try the map from Dynojet again.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
AFR is part of Autotune. With the correct installation of the PCV, the O2 sensor is disconnected. So any reference to A/F is moot. Maybe the OP messed simeting up installing the air kit. As I posted before, putting pipes and an air kit is pretty minimal. In fact, it's probably borderline of needinf a fuel management system at all. Check your install and try the map from Dynojet again.

Exactly, but you don't need the o2 sensor to open up this feature...just the autotune itself connected.  Then he can tweek the AFR on the current map he's running.

I'd double check all of the installation as T84a suggested as well.  Exhaust gaskets alone could be causing your problem.  Simple check for them is to use some cleanexes and hold them near the pipes fitting by the gaskets.  Rev the motor a few times and if the cleanex gets dirty its a fairly good indicator that you need new gaskets or at minimum the current one's aren't seated correctly.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
Excellent suggestions.. they will be next on my list.. Thanks!!

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!