Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: new upgrade  (Read 1170 times)

marcelm

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new upgrade
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
OK, OK ... ;D

I agree with you, at least the majority ....the front fender doesn't match. But this is very easy project, I only have to make a new one. It will cost me about 150 $, here in Romania. It is already planned as winter project.
But, the problem is on the back ....
First, I will make a new rear fender, shorter and with more distance between the tire and the fender itself, closer to wolfraider fender. I like more wolfraider's fender than mine.
@wolfraider, I hope you don't mind ;)
With the new fender, the look will change little bit, because the space between seat and fender will be smaller. Then I will judge, of course, together with you ;D
I already spoked with the guy who made actual fender for me and agreed with him that I will give him the actual fender and about 85 $ and he will make the new fender as I want. But only when riding season will be close, can be in few weeks.
My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »
No front fender is needed its a bobber you are suppose to be stripping it down to bare minimum O8O

That would be fine too, but the existing fender just doesn't fit.

He could get another,stock fender... cut the tail off extend it down. Then it would.... match the high back seat, both tip up....

Yeah.  I think those look good as well.

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
Put leather fringe on the seat.  Then at rest won't show   At speed they won't have time to see the gap  ;D    Or may be a small leather bag to fill up space 
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

marcelm

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »
Put leather fringe on the seat.  Then at rest won't show   At speed they won't have time to see the gap  ;D    Or may be a small leather bag to fill up space

Yes it's an option.
Now I already ordered a NEW rear fender. In one week will be ready and see the new look.
My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

First, I will make a new rear fender, shorter and with more distance between the tire and the fender itself, closer to wolfraider fender. I like more wolfraider's fender than mine.
@wolfraider, I hope you don't mind ;)

You go and do your thing. Buddy. All power to ya!  ;D
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!