Raider Patches

Author Topic: Cobra fi2000 powrpro  (Read 3292 times)

michael t

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
Re: Cobra fi2000 powrpro
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
CPT ZOOM  questions  About the Cobra pro 
is your AFR within an acceptable range to not damage your motor...WHO KNOWS.

bhodge on bills 120 motor:   On a side note, the Cobra kept the a/f at 13.5 nearly perfect the entire graph!  I was very happily suprised and glad to see it.  What is amazing is how hard this bike hits!  Look at the graph, it comes on hard and stays on!  It pulls like a train, waaaay harder than my bike!

I like my pro and I believe  it will work as well no matter the pipe as the  Power Pro.  But then Iam not a expert  and I hate Holiday Day inns .
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »
I have a PowrPro and its great for me. It's a "Plug & Play" whereby you need to do nothing. OK, there may be a few faulty ones, but I have the first generation version, with V&H 2:1 pipes, and it has virtually stopped the popping on the overun, except when you back-off all of a sudden, quickly.
I rode over 5000 miles in the US this year, over high mountain (13300 ft above sea level) and at almost sea level roads. It adjusts to your riding and at every altitude without any issues.
I doubt the PCV will do that, as certain maps fit the bill to certain areas, according to how you set it up for your local riding area. When riding into other areas, you will experience popping etc.
The PowrPro sometimes got wet, where it was mounted under the seat. I have rode in storm weather and mine doesn't get wet. Having said that, I have sealed the edges with clear silicone, and put it in a plastic bag for protection. Its been through 100+ degree weather as well, with no problems.
Your choice, but I have zero regrets and would buy another one should I ever need to.

Actually when coupled with the autotune the PCV does just that.  Additionally the raider's motor's AFR will only vary by 2-3% when riding from Sea level to colorado springs so even the stock ECU can hand that.  Tejas motorsports have seen submerged PCV's still operating.  The thing is...the PCV comes to you pretty much bulletproof...no baggies, silicone or other needed.  Popping happens with any high power motor and as I stated earlier...those with longer pipes, which include your 2-1 have experienced success.  I'm happy for you.  But this guy is unlikely to have the same success with these pipes.  I have these pipes and have done a sh1tload of tuning on them...probably more than any other rider on this forum.  I'm telling you there is zero chance that he'll get the most he can out of these pipes when using the power pro.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
CPT ZOOM  questions  About the Cobra pro 
is your AFR within an acceptable range to not damage your motor...WHO KNOWS.

bhodge on bills 120 motor:   On a side note, the Cobra kept the a/f at 13.5 nearly perfect the entire graph!  I was very happily suprised and glad to see it.  What is amazing is how hard this bike hits!  Look at the graph, it comes on hard and stays on!  It pulls like a train, waaaay harder than my bike!

I like my pro and I believe  it will work as well no matter the pipe as the  Power Pro.  But then Iam not a expert  and I hate Holiday Day inns .

Its great that it worked for bills bike.  But the reality is, you don't know unless you test it.  With the PCV you do know because that the value you inserted into the cell.  THen go have it tested to make sure.  You're also missing the point.  Bill has the VH2-1 which is not a short pipe.  Short pipes like the LAC, freedom, mortons, and VH2-2 (to a certain extent) are a different animal entirely.

Sam,
You won't have a problem with altitude.  THis has been proven with the PCV couple with this motor.  Slight variation but it won't knock you outside safe motor parameters and won't likely cause massive amounts of change in popping.  My bike was tuned in Minnesota (830 ft) and have ridden to Sturgis, Aspen Colorado and now live in Baton Rouge Louisiana at sea level.  Zero changes in how the bike ran or sounded throughout any of these trips.

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2012, 04:26:27 PM by Capt_Zoom »
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Sam,
If you have the chirp you'll want to remove the baffles and add some baffle packing.  Also if you're close to due for a plug change you might want to do that since you're plugs might be messed up if the bike was running too lean or too rich since it didn't have a fuel management system on it.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

sr975j

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
CAPT ZOOM, i see you are running the autotune with your PCV. DO you prefer that or do you think i would be better off trying out one of your MAPs?

Sam

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
CAPT ZOOM, i see you are running the autotune with your PCV. DO you prefer that or do you think i would be better off trying out one of your MAPs?

Sam

I'm only running the PCV now...need some cash and sold off the autotune to another member.  Wish I hadn't since you have less options to play with. 

One of the maps I or other members have posted will likely fit your needs so I'd save the cash and start with just the PCV.  You can always add the autotune later if you want to get into tinkering more.  I'm a tinkerer.  But now i've got my bike putting out 97HP and 120 torque with these pipes and I'm happy.  Its very difficult to break 100HP with these pipes and stock size jugs.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 07, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »

Sam

I'm only running the PCV now...need some cash and sold off the autotune to another member.  Wish I hadn't since you have less options to play with. 

One of the maps I or other members have posted will likely fit your needs so I'd save the cash and start with just the PCV.  You can always add the autotune later if you want to get into tinkering more.  I'm a tinkerer.  But now i've got my bike putting out 97HP and 120 torque with these pipes and I'm happy.  Its very difficult to break 100HP with these pipes and stock size jugs.
Pcv makes an auto tune also i can adjust out if i wanted?
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

silverstreak

Cobra fi2000 powrpro
« Reply #22 on: Nov 07, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
so how many problems did the power commander have when it first came out?

power pro is very new, yes it has obvious flaws but dont go bashing something because of it. give it time to evolve to something good like the aged power commander.

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
 :agree:
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »

Sam

Pcv makes an auto tune also i can adjust out if i wanted?

Yep.  You'll just need to remove the pipes to drill and tap the o2 sensor bung....easy.  Autotune uses a wideband o2 sensor that is bigger than the stock one's.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:49:10 AM »
so how many problems did the power commander have when it first came out?

power pro is very new, yes it has obvious flaws but dont go bashing something because of it. give it time to evolve to something good like the aged power commander.

Not bashing it at all.  just stating the facts.  There are obviously flaws and a lot of guys are having luck with it.  I'm happy for them.  But at the same time very few if any have used it on very short pipes (at least on this forum).  Talk to anybody that tunes pipes and lot and they will tell you that short pipes can be very difficult to tune.  Therefore a tuner that has more flexibility is going to enhance your likelyhood of having success.  Then consider that very few people (relative to the number of units around) have had problems with the PCV.  Not saying that occcasionally a firmware update doesn't take....but dynojet has the ability to quickly release a new firmware to upgrade the PCV.

The PCV is hardly aged since it came out new in '09 with the most advanced tuning at the time.  Then there are the optional add on components that expand its capabilities.

Kick Logic To The Curb!

silverstreak

Cobra fi2000 powrpro
« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
pcv yes in 09'  the power commander series has been out for years. this is what i stated.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »
I havent had either one ever since i ant had an injected bike . I just want the best one out off all . Seems like the two best are dynojets pcv with the auto tune and the cobra one auto tune.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
I havent had either one ever since i ant had an injected bike . I just want the best one out off all . Seems like the two best are dynojets pcv with the auto tune and the cobra one auto tune.

Persoally, I think the choice on which will give the best results is dependent on the pipes you choose.  If I had long pipes or a 2-1 I'd seriously consider the cobra unit.  Its not as bullet proof but it seems very easy to use.   However, if you have short pipes and want a bulletproof unit that is upgradeable the PCV  with or without autotune is what you want.

At present I haven't seen enough people with short pipes (raider or otherwise) using the Cobra Power pro.  Mess up your tune on short pipes and you either fry your motor by running lean or you fry your exhaust valves.  Either way its a costly repair. 
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 08, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »
 I havent had the money to get a controller . Working on getting one soon though hopefully  :fingerscrossed: Right now i am runnin the V&H 2n2 Their a good bit shorter than the stockers. But i am assumeing that would qualify as short pipes ? Either one i get . Its going to have an auto tune with it. Cobra or the Dynojet.