Author Topic: New paint is fun  (Read 9238 times)

Veego

Re: New paint is fun
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:01:44 am »
Smart, very smart. Looking forward to the time you get her all back together and running again even if it takes awhile.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #31 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:15:08 am »
    Thanks a lot guys.  I guess I got lucky and got in an injury free settlement heavy accident recently.  I was pretty depressed that my riding season was over and my bike was in pieces.  This paint and these comments make it worth it.  I'll post more in the spring when I get all my new parts put together.  I can't emphasize how much better it looks in person though, I had a few beers last night just staring at it.
    VERY...and I repeat...VERY NICE!!! I have been thinking of a custom paint job for sometime now...without getting into anyones business...what does something like that cost...hundred bucks.....thousand bucks....five thousand bucks...?
    I don't mind sharing. My tank was damaged in the accident and insurance somehow figured it would cost $1900 to replace the tank even though I could find another for $1000. Anyway, I used that $1900 as my budget and it ended up costing me $1850 which included pulling the dent out of my tank. All of the side covers are painted & airbrushed too. I've probably said this 3 times now, but it looks so much better in person.
    So Im straight...the entire paint job on all the parts was 1850.00$? I would have figured much higher! How long did it take him/her to do that job? Thanx for sharing bro! Again...I think it looks awesome!

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #32 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:38:13 am »
    Thanks a lot guys.  I guess I got lucky and got in an injury free settlement heavy accident recently.  I was pretty depressed that my riding season was over and my bike was in pieces.  This paint and these comments make it worth it.  I'll post more in the spring when I get all my new parts put together.  I can't emphasize how much better it looks in person though, I had a few beers last night just staring at it.
    VERY...and I repeat...VERY NICE!!! I have been thinking of a custom paint job for sometime now...without getting into anyones business...what does something like that cost...hundred bucks.....thousand bucks....five thousand bucks...?
    I don't mind sharing. My tank was damaged in the accident and insurance somehow figured it would cost $1900 to replace the tank even though I could find another for $1000. Anyway, I used that $1900 as my budget and it ended up costing me $1850 which included pulling the dent out of my tank. All of the side covers are painted & airbrushed too. I've probably said this 3 times now, but it looks so much better in person.
    So Im straight...the entire paint job on all the parts was 1850.00$? I would have figured much higher! How long did it take him/her to do that job? Thanx for sharing bro! Again...I think it looks awesome!

Yep, $1850 including pulling out the softball sized dent and rash on the tank.  He had my parts for about 3 weeks, I think that's pretty quick for what I got.  I got lucky and saw a bike with an amazing paint job while I was at the gym, I found the guy who owned it and asked where he got it done.  Turns out the place (Sinisterairworkx.com) was about an hour and a half away.  I got with the artist, came up with a design, and here we are.

• Advertisement

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
      « Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2012, 11:07:34 am »
      it's tough to get a good picture without glare, but this is what I ended up with.

Fj_Ohio

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #34 on: Nov 10, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »
      Looks great bro!  :goodjob:
      FJ

bigjohn

« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »
      i guess i'm supposed to say something nice here. i like the stock raider red with flames. i realize that custom paint  makes it yours. but what happens when you sell that bike?...can the  purchaser call that paint his own? i remember buying a jet boat called 'the other woman'. the previous owner asked if i was gonna keep that name. i thought to myself......hell's to the no. while my friend and i were covering up that 'paint job' with kondar [remember that primer?] we were mumuring  to ourselves...'the other hoe-bag'...'the other slut'....
      we renamed the boat 'gun's and roses'. with all the appropriate artwork........so what am i saying?  your not going to ride the same raider for the rest of your life. so you might want to think of the next guy. and all those mods?  o.k.   just so you can put it back to stock....that's one side of it. big john

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:29:41 pm »
      i guess i'm supposed to say something nice here. i like the stock raider red with flames. i realize that custom paint  makes it yours. but what happens when you sell that bike?...can the  purchaser call that paint his own? i remember buying a jet boat called 'the other woman'. the previous owner asked if i was gonna keep that name. i thought to myself......hell's to the no. while my friend and i were covering up that 'paint job' with kondar [remember that primer?] we were mumuring  to ourselves...'the other hoe-bag'...'the other slut'....
      we renamed the boat 'gun's and roses'. with all the appropriate artwork........so what am i saying?  your not going to ride the same raider for the rest of your life. so you might want to think of the next guy. and all those mods?  o.k.   just so you can put it back to stock....that's one side of it. big john
      Your assuming the "your not going to ride the same Raider for the rest of your life" part of your post. I'm not saying I wont ever have another scoot but...I WILL have this Raider till one of us dies. And I see nothing stopped you from renaming your boat "Guns & Roses...with all the appropriate artwork".. no matter if the next owner thought it was lame...right?
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 08:29:59 pm by highwayman1960 »

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
      « Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »

I hear what you're sayin, and I know I wont keep the bike forever, but I plan on keeping it until the value of it is not a big deal.  There is also no other bike on the market that I would consider buying right now.  In my situation, the paint job was already paid for and my choice was to make it my own or leave it like all the others.  I'm not expecting a return on my money, and I now not everyone will appreciate the paint as much as I do.  Who knows, I still own the first motorcycle I bought in 1997, a 1981 Yamaha XS650. 

tice

• AZ Group
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »
      I dont think about what the next guy would think about with anything I modify or build. If I sell something the next guy will either like it and buy it or hate it and not. I modify/ build what I like, not what others like
      2014 SCL

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #39 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »
      I dont think about what the next guy would think about with anything I modify or build. If I sell something the next guy will either like it and buy it or hate it and not. I modify/ build what I like, not what others like

I dont  either 8) ;D

EZRaider

• Purplish Blue Metallic 2010 Raider S
      • Warrior
      New paint is fun
      « Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:56:44 pm »
      Make it what you want it to for yourself.  Let the next guy make it his.

I think that is one sick paint job.  Would love to do something on mine.  But, you know, the money tree is bare for the winter.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 07:59:04 pm by EZRaider »
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body.  But, rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting "Man,what a ride!" - George Carlin

SEA-ROAR MEMBER

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #41 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »
      :agree:

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
      • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • Road Star
      « Reply #42 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:00:26 pm »

i see what your sayign and have had some interesting questions when i sold my last bike(that i painted myself with my "zakattak customz" logo on it" but...i can honestly say there is not another bike on the market that can touch the raider...one of the biggest engines$15K can buy you,the most "style" in a cruiser that isnt hand fabbed, and its not a f*kn harley lol,i agree at this point i think im going to ride this bike till one of us dies!  8)

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
      « Reply #43 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »
      I'm not aware of another production motorcycle with a larger air cooled V-twin than the Raider.  I've ridden a lot of the competitors and I am sticking with the Raider.  Even after my accident, if I couldn't keep my bike, I was gonna get another Raider. 

PhysicsDude55

• You see a motorcycle. I see a blank canvas.
      • Roadliner
        • My website of things I own and have created.
      « Reply #44 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:24:01 pm »
      Those side covers look sick!  Very awesome.

Looking into custom paint myself, I was worried it might be cost prohibitive, but under 2 grand for that quality of a paint job is not bad!

Sorry about the wreck, but sounds like your new and improved Raider will make it all worth it!  Congrats!
      260 Rear Tire, Freedom Curves exhaust, DIY BAK, DIY integrated turn signals, DIY sidemount plate.  More to come.