Author Topic: New paint is fun  (Read 9239 times)

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: New paint is fun
« Reply #45 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »
Keep it coming! This is gonna be great!
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #46 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:28:12 am »
    If and when I decide to paint my bike I will not give a thought to who the next guy is or if there will be a next guy.  My Raider is my Raider and if I do happen to sell someday, then it's up to the next guy to do what he wants to it.

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #47 on: Nov 16, 2012, 10:38:06 am »
    If and when I decide to paint my bike I will not give a thought to who the next guy is or if there will be a next guy.  My Raider is my Raider and if I do happen to sell someday, then it's up to the next guy to do what he wants to it.

AGREED!!!

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #48 on: Nov 16, 2012, 10:50:22 am »

AGREED!!!

:thumbs:
      I actually have my initials in the face of the speedo and across the back of my seat.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Wassup77

• Road Star
      New paint is fun
      « Reply #49 on: Nov 16, 2012, 11:04:25 am »
      Your wrong big John, I do intend to have my raider for the rest of my life!  I plan on adding a bagger to the stable later on, but the raider is still my dream bike.  Also,  I have never added a single mod to any vehicle I own worrying about what the next owner thought of it, that's his problem!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #50 on: Nov 16, 2012, 01:57:52 pm »

AGREED!!!

I actually have my initials in the face of the speedo and across the back of my seat.

That makes sense... When you're on the seat it's full and when you're not it's MT.  Those are you're initials, right?  Mr T

Look at me!  I'm making bad Mr T jokes.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #51 on: Nov 16, 2012, 02:43:26 pm »
      Yep...It's mine, all mine and I could care less what anyone else thinks of it.  Not very lickly that I will ever sell this bike but if I do I am sure the next guy will love it as much as I do.  What's not to love about a Raider?

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #52 on: Nov 16, 2012, 03:19:48 pm »

AGREED!!!

That makes sense... When you're on the seat it's full and when you're not it's MT.  Those are you're initials, right?  Mr T

:rotfl:  Close.. but no cigar:
      https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1423

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

minnesotarage

• V Star
      « Reply #53 on: Nov 16, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
      I think it's a killer paint job for under $2k. Dont worry what somebody else will think years down the road if you try to re-sell it. Most serious buyers wouldnt let that get in the way. Those that say it would probably weren't genuinely interested anyway. They just dont have the guts to tell you the real reason. Just my 2 cents after spending two summers trying to sell my Vstar 650, so I might be a little jaded :)

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
      « Reply #54 on: Nov 17, 2012, 09:33:09 am »

AGREED!!!

You beat me to it...he should change it to "I pity the Harley Rider...I mean fool!!"

Motodad393

• Road Star
      « Reply #55 on: Nov 19, 2012, 10:49:19 am »
      Absolutely incredible paint job!  Most excellent work I have seen on a Raider.   :raider:

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #56 on: Dec 08, 2012, 04:59:05 pm »
      I just mailed my tins to sinister today for my paint job....hope to have them back and put some pics up in about 6 weeks!! This I can say without a doubt is the most excited I have been about any mod I have had done.

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
      New paint is fun
      « Reply #57 on: Dec 08, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »
      That's one sexy paint job. 
      If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

Skullz

• Road Star
      « Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2012, 03:07:19 pm »
      I just mailed my tins to sinister today for my paint job....hope to have them back and put some pics up in about 6 weeks!! This I can say without a doubt is the most excited I have been about any mod I have had done.

Highwayman, what did you do to remove the vapors from the gas tank before you shipped?

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »

Highwayman, what did you do to remove the vapors from the gas tank before you shipped?
      My bike is in the local shop for winter storage and to add a few mod's....I am having them install a 4 button chillys cruise control ergo...they had to take the tank and rear fender off to do that mod...so to answer your question...I dont know what they did...I just picked up the parts and the tank was empty and had what looked like some sort of a canvass tape over the fill hole.