Author Topic: What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using  (Read 6361 times)

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using
« on: Nov 08, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »
What type fuel controller are u using . Tell me the good and bad of it with the v&h2n2 pipes.  And what other set up do you haveAnd whats your results .
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

silverstreak

« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »
    i know i will be getting this pipe next year and i run power pro now, jkimmel has power pro with VH2-2  and his bike rips.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:42:56 am »
    Sweet Tooth, i have the V&H 2-2 and have the V&H Fuel Pak and no problems just the every now and then pop, may go with the Power Pro as i know in the future i will be doing some mods to the motor, but can't complain about the fuel pak for the price
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:25:13 am »
      TOXIC . You have the Gen 2 of the power pro dont you ? Make any difference wht so ever ?

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2012, 11:28:22 am »
      would recomend the PCV hands down.  it is more flexible and more capable than any other.  it also has the auto tune option.  with that said im running the old cobra unit (not the powerpro) and its a piece of crap.  had it on a few dyno's with different pipes and its not capable of tuning for any paramaters for any other pipes other than the cobra swept which isnt much less restrictive than stock....there have been issues with the new cobra unit and its durability and succeptability to water damage.  dont know much about the V&H unit, but if i had the choice to purchase again or even had the money to replace mine i would go with the PCV without even a thought....
      Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2012, 11:58:55 am »
      just out of curiosity I checked in online with how the HD crowd is fairing with the power pro and it seems they aren't fairing as well as the raider crowd.  With the HD's either the power pro likes your bike or it doesn't.  Lot of guys are having stalling, hard to start and even only one cylinder working.  There are just as many who love it.  To me this sounds like a bunch of bad units so maybe Cobra has some work to do with their QC on the unit.  I'm not sure.

The honda cruiser crowd seems to like it.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

silverstreak

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »
      harley cant use power commander either "cooks the ecu" so you have to get the harley labeled tuner....

this is from my harley friend

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
      harley cant use power commander either "cooks the ecu" so you have to get the harley labeled tuner....

I've got a couple of friends that use them after the HD brand one's wouldn't stop the massive popping on the vh2-2.  Nighttrain riders.  Haven't seen them in a year or so but I know they'd used it for at least a year without problems.  I'd never heard this before...interesting.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »
      The HD and PC  interesting I have a friend who own a independent HD shop and he installs a lot of them  . I sent him a e mail asking his experiance as to burning up the ECU
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

L.T.T.

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »
      Had the powerpro gen 1,,, then the gen 2.... Now i'm running the PCV

Nothing wrong with the powerpro, I just like being in control with tuning.
      2004 ZX10R... Modded and sold
      2007 GSXR 750... Modded and sold
      2008 M109R-- Seriously modded and sold
      2011 Ninja 1000-- modded and sold
      2012 Raider S-- current ride

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »
      would recomend the PCV hands down.  it is more flexible and more capable than any other.  it also has the auto tune option.  with that said im running the old cobra unit (not the powerpro) and its a piece of crap.  had it on a few dyno's with different pipes and its not capable of tuning for any paramaters for any other pipes other than the cobra swept which isnt much less restrictive than stock....there have been issues with the new cobra unit and its durability and succeptability to water damage.  dont know much about the V&H unit, but if i had the choice to purchase again or even had the money to replace mine i would go with the PCV without even a thought....
      Just a fwiw...I have the old cobra unit with my Yamaha Straight Dragster Pipes and I could not be happier. But this is nice to know cuz...I do like the V&H 2into2 pipes....would not make the change tho if I would have to replace the tuner too. Plus not to many Raiders with the straight pipes...I like that  8)

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2012, 11:31:17 pm »

I contacted a fried of mine he has a independent HD shop  and has been doing this many years .

here is his answer

We put PC5 on weekly.. Have done several on 2013s even. Only HDs that can not use PC5 is 2001 and earlier and those we put PC3s on..

HD doesn't have a "tuner" What you get from HD is a Licensing agreement, software for your computer interface and a patch cord.. Then you actually go into the stock ECU and pray to god you don't mess it up.. Cobra and PC are external and does not change or corrupt the ECU there for keeping the warranty intact. Its actually the opposite of what he's saying. And If they mess up the HD tuner/ECU, they are married to HD.. and will cost a bunch to fix.

[

Sandbox

• Roadliner
      « Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2012, 10:11:23 am »
      I run the Power Pro with my VH 2-2. Still have some popping under hard decel but, I'm also still running stock intake.

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
      Current: 2006 Stratoliner
      SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2012, 03:58:19 pm »
      Would havin a different intake make it where it wouldnt pop as much ?

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2012, 05:45:21 pm »
       I believe  he refering to the stock air box . 

Sweet Tooth as I just posted on another thread . I think you need to take you bike to a dealer or a independent shop. Have them find and correct you over rich conditition  and clutch problem. After all that corrected. Then you can think about a fuel controler and air box mod. To start changing things just because every one has them. When you still have unsolved problems. Will just add I think to find and fixing  the present trouble. 

[