Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using  (Read 2356 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using
« Reply #30 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
I think right now the cobra auto tune is new and like anything new has few flaws some people get the flawed one . And some dont. Seems like Capt_Zoom knows what hes talkin about on the short pipes. I hate tryin to jet a bike with short pipes. Agrivatein to get them in the (sweet spot). 
On the PC Auto tune.  Do you have to take that one to a shop to get it done ? Or can u tune it your self the first time ?

Read my autotune how to and you'll get an idea if its within your realm of ability.  Making a map is easy...just install, ride 400 miles, and accept.  But that map might suffer from problems due to air reversion.  So I came up with a procedure for making a better map.  Its a bit more involved but with patience most people can do it.

If you don't get the autotune...just try one of the maps we made and posted here.  Try it..if you like it roll with it.  If not get the autotune and make your own or bring it to a tuner shop.

Tip....if you make your own map, using one of the maps we provided might be better than what dynojet does since we can match your setup.  Dynojet and fuelmoto are using a generic map without BAK.
I am going with the auto tune either PCV or the Cobra. No where around here tunes the bikes . Or at least none me and my buddies have found . So i am limited to the choices.  If i am correct. The PCV auto tuner you can download to the computer and make sure that your not running lean anywhere. Or am i wrong . And thanks for that link i was just fixin to ask for a link. ;D  Beings i can never find anything when i type in the search thing.

The o2 sensor isn't required for the PCV.  You can run it without one as I do.  Or you can use the stock o2 sensor.  If you go with the autotune though you'll need the wide band sensor that's included.  It requires a bigger hole.  Most of us just drill and tap the current bung to make it fit (use a stepped bit from harbor freight and a tap from carquest or napa (I know they both have them available).  Others have welded the included bung onto their pipes, sometimes over their existing bung.

There has to be a tuner somewhere in Mississippi.  Shoot 69quadracer (I think he's around Jackson or memphis) an email and see if he knows of any.  If not take a trip to Florida or somewhere that does have one.  I havn't asked around here but I'm sure I could probably find one in Baton Rouge.  Usually at least one dealer in a major city has one.  Hell in Minneapolis we had at least a dozen  places in or south of minneapolis.  Dynojet might also be able to direct you to one since they sell the dyno's. 
Kick Logic To The Curb!

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
Not comparing the Fuelpak to anything. The one for the Raider is not dip switches.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012, 07:40:56 PM by t84a »
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »
Not comparing the Fuelpak to anything. The one for the Raider not dip switches.

So your talking the power pro.
If yes the power pro does have a map in it....you just can't manipulate that map.  You're trusting that cobra created a system that creates a perfect map (HP, Torque, MPG, popping) for every pipe and intake design.  The reality is that it is highly unlikly that any company can do this.  That why I call them a magic box.

Its just like when the first ECU's came out back in the 80's.  People didn't like them because you couldn't control the advance the way you can with points.  They called these magic boxes.  Either they work or they don't...if they don't the average joe can't fix them on the road.  With points you can just install a new set of points or adjust or clean the current one's.

With the power pro you can't fix it if something goes wrong.  One HD dude I was reading about went on a week or so trip...while on the trip the power pro started making his motor run on only one cylinder.  WHat do you do.  Nothing other than disable it and ride home with your bike rich or lean.  At least with the PCV you can go online, get a different map and load it up.  Or reinstall or update the firmware...you have options.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/motorcycle_dynocenters_output.aspx?state=MS

Hey thanks . I didnt know nothin about that . I asked the local shops and they said they dont. But every one i see is a good ways away :D  . O well . Its a motorcycle.  Better than bein in the truck.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
No, I'm talking about the Fuelpak that luvmy68 is running on his bike. It is map based and has like 40 inputs. Noting like the PCV but not a few switches like the old ones. I'm not surprised he's pleased with it.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 11, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
No, I'm talking about the Fuelpak that luvmy68 is running on his bike. It is map based and has like 40 inputs. Noting like the PCV but not a few switches like the old ones. I'm not surprised he's pleased with it.

Interesting.  Better than the old one that had like 4 dip switches.   ;D
Kick Logic To The Curb!

silverstreak

What Fuel Controller Are u guys with V&H 2n2 using
« Reply #37 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
Link to the PCV/Autotune how to

http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=3249.0

I can't get past the bung issue on my pipes. Why would Dynojet use such a large sensor?
to be different forcing you to pay for more crap...

Fn Up

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 12, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Correct, I am still using the stock airbox.

I believe  he refering to the stock air box . 

Sweet Tooth as I just posted on another thread . I think you need to take you bike to a dealer or a independent shop. Have them find and correct you over rich conditition  and clutch problem. After all that corrected. Then you can think about a fuel controler and air box mod. To start changing things just because every one has them. When you still have unsolved problems. Will just add I think to find and fixing  the present trouble. 

2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
I beleive i got her fixed and runnin thanks to Roadkill and CaptZoom
I changed a plug out. bled the lines, tightened the connections . And unhooked the battery. For almost 24 hours. One of those fixed my problem i do believe.
 TOXIC doesnt a friend of yours have v&h 2n2 and a BAK with the cobra pro ?

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 16, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »
I beleive i got her fixed and runnin thanks to Roadkill and CaptZoom
I changed a plug out. bled the lines, tightened the connections . And unhooked the battery. For almost 24 hours. One of those fixed my problem i do believe.
 TOXIC doesnt a friend of yours have v&h 2n2 and a BAK with the cobra pro ?
Found a shop with a dyno in Tupelo MS http://tupeloperformancecycles.com/index_2.html
MAGGIE VALLEY RIDES
http://mixs.ee/1xnr

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »
I may go to that one once i get everthing done on my bike like i want and have the spare change to give em. ;D