Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Just ordered a Baron stealth intake!!  (Read 548 times)

Bearster18

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Just ordered a Baron stealth intake!!
« on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
Can't wait to add this to my bike and get it tuned up!  The install should be fun!
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012, 10:42:43 AM by Bearster18 »
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
Re: Just ordered a Baron stealth intake!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »
I just did the Baron intake a few months ago, along with the coil placement. The mod is not bad, but takes some time and getting the hoses off the tank/pump are a real pain. I ended up just setting the tank on a stool next to the bike. Getting enough movement in the wires for the coils was a bit tough as well. I forgot the fuel vapor hose and had to take the tank of twice....... :o Have fun and enjoy.

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
well that sounds like a fantastic time! *insert heavy sarcasm* LOL
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

seventhLetter

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
It's not too bad.  You just have to have some patience, and if you like beer, have a few of those too. LOL

But on a serious note, you can do as Rczap said and just place the tank on a collapsable worktable or bench/stool.  Just be careful not to kink those fuel lines too much.  They have brass fittings/valves inside them and if they get bent you're screwed!  I had to order one (for $70 and it had to be ordered from Japan).

Since then, I just set a card table next to the bike and set the tank on it (still attached at the fuel lines).  This also gives me another surface to lose stuff - err, I mean, place my tools and bolts and stuff. :)

RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.

Bearster18

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
sweet guys! Thanks for the heads up! I have a post from here that I found that'll help too :)   

"That one chrome line, its mounts, the rubber tube connected to it, the roll-over valves and those brackets all get canned.  Because they are required on new bikes, Baron's can't tell you to remove it.  Just do it."

Gotta remember to find and remove those items!