Author Topic: New @#$% bars UPDATE!  (Read 5359 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: New @#$% bars
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2012, 11:58:33 am »
Guys, his bars don't fit.

Yeah. I knew that, but like Dreadly said, everything else sounded the same. Including getting the wires stuck.

Pesonally if it were me and these are the T bars, I'd just go with La Chopper's bars.  That's what I have and they were very similar to what Dreadly had. If the bikes were not side by side you'd probably think theyr'e the same bars.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:17:10 am »
    I got a call back from Phat and basically its between me and Cruiser Performance. I was told they will give them my number. In other words I'm completely screwed. If these jackwagons are as good at customer service as they were with timely shipping of my bars. I'll be dead before I get a refund. BBB and a lawyer might shake them up but, what a complete clusterflock this has turned into. 

I SOOO wish these dopes were on the east coast!! I'd be camped at their front door with a POS set of bars on one side and a lawyer on the other.
    "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
    May your road be smooth yet twisty.
    Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
    I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
    And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
      • Right A Way
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:24:48 am »
    I'm not sure why Phat thinks they can walk away from this. At this point, I'd challenge the charge on my credit card.
    Ken
    2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

• Advertisement

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:42:10 am »
       :agree: Phat should be backing you up on this but it sounds like they have already had there dealing with them. They should refund you your money and then it is there problem to deal with CP. If that dont work call your credit card company, they will reverse charges on your CC till the dispute is fixed.
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:53:13 am »
      Right.. I contacted a friend who is a paraleagle. She said to send the bars back with a written request for a refund. I gotta gut my wires back out of them first.... hopefully in one piece. I dread the effort of that. Im sure Ill get my $$ back but, I loose the 5-6hrs. of effort to put them on.

Waiting to learn the lesson from this debackle.
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2012, 09:25:16 am »
      Madcow- Good luck with this. I'm with everyone else.  If you're order went through Phat, then the should refund your money once they receive your bars back.  I had an issue with a jacked up set of luggage racks for my Tsukayu saddlebags and they had no issues with me returning them.  I also had a $600 exhaust on back order that I could've cancelled, so that may have helped.   Phat has always done right by me, so hopefully they'll come through for you as well.

basco05

• AG 05
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:34:03 pm »
      I had these same issues with my bars from CP during the group buy.  The risers were too close together, but I actually got a hold of Bryan and here placed them...2 months later.  Then I had to sand down the powder coating so the grips would fit, and drill a little hole so the control clamps would bolt on.  The control clamps have a little anti-rotation pin molded into them that I had to drill a hole for them.  All said and done, I agree with Toxic that CP should be blacklisted on this forum, because everyone has had issues with him.
      There is no replacement for displacement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:38:44 pm »
      I had these same issues with my bars from CP during the group buy.  The risers were too close together, but I actually got a hold of Bryan and here placed them...2 months later.  Then I had to sand down the powder coating so the grips would fit, and drill a little hole so the control clamps would bolt on.  The control clamps have a little anti-rotation pin molded into them that I had to drill a hole for them.  All said and done, I agree with Toxic that CP should be blacklisted on this forum, because everyone has had issues with him.

We have a thread for that...
      https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=11344.0

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      Re: New @#$% bars UPDATE!
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:39:59 am »
      Update... I contacted Phat a second time and told them I simply wanted a refund and will send the bars back. That lit a fire. I got an email and phone call from Quincy Jones at Cruiser Performance ( Yes that's the name I got. ) He was VERY apologetic and wanted to explain he had been in Vegas for two years recouping from a motorcycle accident. Brian, his partner, had been running the business alone during that time. I'm usually a hard ass when it comes to my money and not getting what I paid for but... The mans voice quivered as he explained his situation......  I honestly felt sorry for him. He was truly trying to make good on his product. Somewhere in my childhood I was taught to give people a second chance if they show this kind of remorse.  :shrug: He says he will send out a second set of bars to be in my hands no later than next Thursday.  :fingerscrossed: 

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #24 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:51:14 am »
      I thought someone else got that same reason about a month or so ago?  I swear I've heard this already.  I even re-checked the date on your post to make sure I hadn't reread and old post.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:57:52 am »
      I thought someone else got that same reason about a month or so ago?  I swear I've heard this already.  I even re-checked the date on your post to make sure I hadn't reread and old post.

Yeah ... I think this line or something similar has been used before. I would keep phoning everyday to keep on top of this because I don't think it will end well.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:05:08 am »
      Madcow I also believe in giving a second chance, but Quincy gave me the same story and made promises of shipping dates, they came and went with a different excuse each time as to why the shipment didn't happen.  I understand that he was in a motorcycle accident, that was confirmed to me through Phat Performance but he is back and has been back for a month, there is no excuse for not keeping promised deadlines.  If it had not been for Phat Performance having a set of my bars in their warehouse I would still be waiting on Cruiser Performance, of that I am sure of.  If I were you I would get my money back and go elswhere for a new set of bars.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 07:17:41 pm by Bill L »

silverstreak

New @#$% bars UPDATE!
      « Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:08:18 am »
      wow, just wow!

jhow2133

• Raider
      « Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:58:29 am »
       :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
      I have big plans...

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #29 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:25:38 pm »
       If that man told me the sun was shining I would look out window and then check weather   where he lives also.
       He has a excuse for every thing. But never "his" fault.    I would demand my money back !!! and go else where
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed