Author Topic: PowrPro  (Read 14865 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: PowrPro
« Reply #60 on: Nov 14, 2012, 02:35:41 pm »
Toxic,
Your right I don't know what you've done or are capable of I apologize for calling you a name after you called me a nay-sayer.  The reality is that I value you as a member here, I believe we hung our for a little bit at the raider rally in sturgis as well (correct me if I'm wrong).  You seemed like a stand up guy.

By adult conversation I'm referring to being open minded enough to clearly see both the benefits and limitations of a product and not be suckered in by a placebo effect of marketing or wanting our own purchases to be the known as the best product.

I'v had this same drag out argument before with others on this forum (dawn with her homemade BAK).  I'll say it now just as I said it then, until there are reliable results via dyno showing raw HP, torque, and running AFR there is zero reason to believe any of your claims.  And that's not even considering the QC issues with the unit.  Myself and other tuners on this forum who have contacted me in the last 24 hours feel that the problems mentioned are valid and shouldn't be ignored by cobra.  Some of these members work in the auto-tech industry and some have even had the unit before selling it off.  These folks were simply more reserved than I am, and didn't want to get sucked into drama.  i hate drama as well but I can't in good conscious let people be suckered into a unit without thinking about both the benefits and limitations of such a unit.  Toxic, I hope you can understand where I am coming from...I truly bear you no Ill will.

CZ

Got I hate when I don't make my point clearly...I probably shouldn't have said suckered...nobody is being suckered here...they are simply getting incomplete information.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #61 on: Nov 14, 2012, 02:52:03 pm »
    Toxic,
    Your right I don't know what you've done or are capable of I apologize for calling you a name after you called me a nay-sayer.  The reality is that I value you as a member here, I believe we hung our for a little bit at the raider rally in sturgis as well (correct me if I'm wrong).  You seemed like a stand up guy.

By adult conversation I'm referring to being open minded enough to clearly see both the benefits and limitations of a product and not be suckered in by a placebo effect of marketing or wanting our own purchases to be the known as the best product.

I'v had this same drag out argument before with others on this forum (dawn with her homemade BAK).  I'll say it now just as I said it then, until there are reliable results via dyno showing raw HP, torque, and running AFR there is zero reason to believe any of your claims.  And that's not even considering the QC issues with the unit.  Myself and other tuners on this forum who have contacted me in the last 24 hours feel that the problems mentioned are valid and shouldn't be ignored by cobra.  Some of these members work in the auto-tech industry and some have even had the unit before selling it off.  These folks were simply more reserved than I am, and didn't want to get sucked into drama.  i hate drama as well but I can't in good conscious let people be suckered into a unit without thinking about both the benefits and limitations of such a unit.  Toxic, I hope you can understand where I am coming from...I truly bear you no Ill will.

CZ

Got I hate when I don't make my point clearly...I probably shouldn't have said suckered...nobody is being suckered here...they are simply getting incomplete information.

You have the option to go back and edit your original post..... 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Paladin

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #62 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:35:29 pm »
    I don't think the PowerPro's programming has enough adjustability to compinsate for more than a pipe and a BAK engine mod.

When I increased my displacement to 120", and added cams, we had to create a map for the PC5, because at the time, nothing existed. When I added the supercharger, we were truly out where the buses don't run. And again, we had to create a new map for the PC5. Without setting out to do so, we've proved that the PC5 has the flexability to handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.

The PC5 has the adjustability and flexability for racing applications. Because of its adjustability and flexability, you can screw it up if you don't know what you're doing. Because the PowerPro lacks the adjustability of the PC5, it's a point and shoot unit, which is good for very light engine mods.

If the folks at Cobra would like to send me one of their PowerPro units, I'd be happy to bolt onto my bike, so we can see if their unit can back up their claims.
    « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2012, 03:38:33 pm by Paladin »
    Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #63 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:42:41 pm »
      Does BillL have his bike running? Did he not have a PowerPro for his bike?

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #64 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:44:36 pm »

I was wondering about that too.  He has Dyno results too.

Paladin

• Roadliner
      « Reply #65 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:54:10 pm »
      I believe you're right. If so, it will be interesting to see how the unit performs on his bike, with regard to every day riding. Once my PC5 map was dialed in on the Dyno, I still had to tweak it some, after riding the bike on the street. The Dyno room is a laboratory environment. The street is the real world.

I hope I'm wrong, regarding my prior post. Bill has had enough problems with his bike, it's about time he gets to enjoy it.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2012, 04:01:02 pm by Paladin »
      Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

mxracer546

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #66 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:10:21 pm »
      I just swapped my PCV to a PowrPro. I plan to ride tomorrow while I know it will be a "butt" dyno I will give a report after I run a tank of gas. I am running LA Chopper exhaust with K&N air filter the rest is stock.  I am not looking for my HP... I am just wondering which feels better. I use Capt Zoom's map on my PCV and runs good. So no real reason to switch just wanted to see if it works out in te next month I will have both put on the dyno and see what the dyno tells me. 

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #67 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:31:05 pm »
      I just swapped my PCV to a PowrPro. I plan to ride tomorrow while I know it will be a "butt" dyno I will give a report after I run a tank of gas. I am running LA Chopper exhaust with K&N air filter the rest is stock.  I am not looking for my HP... I am just wondering which feels better. I use Capt Zoom's map on my PCV and runs good. So no real reason to switch just wanted to see if it works out in te next month I will have both put on the dyno and see what the dyno tells me.

Excellent.  Keep us posted.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #68 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »
      As someone who has wrenched on motorcycles since 1974 until 2009 when I got my first Raider, I am grateful for not having to spend time and money trying to figure out the proper adjustments on my fuel module. Long live the Power-Pro!

And guys, another thing.....it really isn't necessary to get hot under the collar about who's wing-dang-doo is bigger or better. I mean, aren't we all biker brothers and sisters of the Raider Nation? The only thing that could be worse than this thread is a political discussion between Obama and Romney supporters. Damn, I hate it when egos get in the mix.
      Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 78 year old body.

seventhLetter

• Raider
      « Reply #69 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »

Man!  For an unemployed guy, you sure get to play a lot more than some of us fulltime employed guys! LOL  Just giving you a hard time bro.  Looking forward to your report!
      RoxieRaider, SeventhLetter, G, "hey you", I answer to just about anything.

mxracer546

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #70 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »

Man!  For an unemployed guy, you sure get to play a lot more than some of us fulltime employed guys! LOL  Just giving you a hard time bro.  Looking forward to your report!

G it was a freebie/loan on the PowrPro.. Got turned down on a job again today so trying to keep busy.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #71 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »
      I have been wondering the same thing.
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #72 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »
       Bill is running a Cobra Pro  Look on his forever going on  thread and you will find the Dyno  . They were  pleased that the A/F was right at 13.5 across the board. They as I remember said his HP &TQ numbers were 10% low because of type of Dyno  and that eng was new and tight.
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #73 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:02:52 am »
      I do have the Power Pro and it dyno'd at 104 hp and 127 torque and as stated because of the older dyno machine it would be at 114 hp and 140 torque on the new machine.  Is that true, I don't know but it was told to me by someone that I fully respect his knowledge.

08pwraider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #74 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:49:30 am »
      I do have the Power Pro and it dyno'd at 104 hp and 127 torque and as stated because of the older dyno machine it would be at 114 hp and 140 torque on the new machine.  Is that true, I don't know but it was told to me by someone that I fully respect his knowledge.
      From what I remember you and I have an identical engine build, so if this is true my PCV is going out the  window and I will be purchasing a power pro.
      GO BIG OR GO HOME