Custom Raider

Author Topic: PowrPro  (Read 5477 times)

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PowrPro
« Reply #105 on: Nov 17, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
on this heat note...any suggestions on jethot and/or ceramic coating my headers for this very reason?

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Nov 17, 2012, 10:16:57 AM »
on this heat note...any suggestions on jethot and/or ceramic coating my headers for this very reason?

According to their web site it will work to keep your pipes shiny for years.  I don't know anyone that has done the Jet Hot so can only go off of what they say about their product.  They do guarentee the work so worse case scenario you get your money back.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Nov 17, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
Most tuners strive for around 13.2 AFR

Remember years ago when you would see bikes all the time like that.  Heat shields are so nice to have.

Nightmare scenario:
I had a lemon of an '02 sporty that I bought brand new and within 3 months the pipes had blued that much...including the heat shield.  Chandler HD couldn't get the bike to run right no matter what they did.  Had it towed 6 times in the first 6 months after buying it new.  Total desaster.  Day it was stolen was a dream come true.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2012, 11:39:11 AM by Capt_Zoom »
Kick Logic To The Curb!

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Nov 17, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

Remember years ago when you would see bikes all the time like that.  Heat shields are so nice to have.

Nightmare scenario:
I had a lemon of an '02 sporty that I bought brand new and within 3 months the pipes had blued that much...including the heat shield.  Chandler HD couldn't get the bike to run right no matter what they did.  Had it towed 6 times in the first 6 months after buying it new.  Total desaster.  Day it was stolen was a dream come true.

Thank goodness for the thief in Arizona when you have bought yourself a lemon considering that Arizona does not have a lemon law...  :yikes:

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Nov 17, 2012, 12:24:36 PM »

Nightmare scenario:

Thank goodness for the thief in Arizona when you have bought yourself a lemon considering that Arizona does not have a lemon law...  :yikes:

Exactly.  Insurance gave me back more than what I paid for it new and then they recovered it during a bust of a meth house.  After the guy went to prison he had to work to pay my deductable.   ;D  I even had the opportunity to buy it back on auction....sold for $400  :o

The auction place was over toward the Jeep Graveyard (apache dr in PHX, I think)

If I still lived there I'd be checking out their auctions constantly.  I saw a CBR900 go for $25 bucks there once.  Unfortunately I didn't have a garage at the time or I would have been bidding on that sucker.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2012, 12:26:12 PM by Capt_Zoom »
Kick Logic To The Curb!

mxracer546

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Nov 23, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
I just swapped my PCV to a PowrPro. I plan to ride tomorrow while I know it will be a "butt" dyno I will give a report after I run a tank of gas. I am running LA Chopper exhaust with K&N air filter the rest is stock.  I am not looking for my HP... I am just wondering which feels better. I use Capt Zoom's map on my PCV and runs good. So no real reason to switch just wanted to see if it works out in te next month I will have both put on the dyno and see what the dyno tells me.

Butt Dyno results - in a nutshell the bike runs better period! Seems to pull a little more on the bottom end and top end let's just say it went the fastest it has ever went and I got more miles to the tank. In a few weeks I will have both PCV and PowrPro on the dyno just to see what the numbers say.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Nov 23, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
I just swapped my PCV to a PowrPro. I plan to ride tomorrow while I know it will be a "butt" dyno I will give a report after I run a tank of gas. I am running LA Chopper exhaust with K&N air filter the rest is stock.  I am not looking for my HP... I am just wondering which feels better. I use Capt Zoom's map on my PCV and runs good. So no real reason to switch just wanted to see if it works out in te next month I will have both put on the dyno and see what the dyno tells me.

Butt Dyno results - in a nutshell the bike runs better period! Seems to pull a little more on the bottom end and top end let's just say it went the fastest it has ever went and I got more miles to the tank. In a few weeks I will have both PCV and PowrPro on the dyno just to see what the numbers say.

Can't wait to see these numbers...  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

silverstreak

« Reply #112 on: Nov 23, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
for anyone wanting to see a pic of what the "first gen"  and "second gen" board looks like, visit this post in the stickied thread...

http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=15847.msg293959#msg293959

and anyone wanting to read about findings of the gen 2 units read here....

http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=16194.0