Raider Patches

Author Topic: Where is BillL?  (Read 2820 times)

jkimmel

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Where is BillL?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
Really that's what you got to say about the guy.

I wish Bill nothing but the best, I never wish anyone anything else. He is a good guy, but all this really is weird. I rarely post  here but have followed his story from the beginning. He has made some very odd decisions throughout, and this last one really takes the cake. Bill loves an audience and all his dramatic actions ensure he gets it.

Weird is the only way I can describe him...

seems like a nice guy but I'd have to agree here...to each his own :)
The car guy

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
I have spoken to Bill and he realizes he was a bit trigger fingered in deleting his account but he would like to come back. Unfortunly he can not because he has been banned, which I believe is a bit harsh. So I think it's going to take a adminastrator to fix that issue. We need more members like bill here on the forum he has a lot to say and offer he has gone out of his way to help fellow members. He has donated parts from his bike build free to members to help them out

Banned  ??? for what  >:( come on..... :o I have seen nothing that would sudgest that any of the forum rules were broken to the point that he had to be banned. I have seen much worse in attatude than that and no recourse that extreme was taken.... lift the ban.....WTF... are we so delicate?? Jeeze we ride the Raider... grow a pair. 8)

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
I agree banning was a little harsh for such a devoted forum member as Bill L was
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #63 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
Bill wanted account deleted.  With his number of post Its nearly impossible to do at least on the programs  for my boards. Remember every post would have to be deleted.  Look at the mess that would cause in threads .  So you do a ban . His posts remain (as guest)  and he is no longer a member.  I guess ban could be lifted but thats between Bill and admin.
  I have been ban over the years from a board or 2. I asked in some cases and in one case was because of who I was. I never even posted  their  Ban when joined.
  Folks running these boards , having mods, and all the different personalty's  isn't all fun a games .  I ban some people a few years back  and they started a hate Michael T board  .  It went no where but I thought was funny at time.   I miss Bill also but remember he requested this.

[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

L.T.T.

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
With his number of post Its nearly impossible to do at least on the programs  for my boards. Remember every post would have to be deleted.  Look at the mess that would cause in threads .  So you do a ban . 

Thats what it boils down to... I moderate another MC forum myself.. Deleting an account wreacks havok to posts.. I usually just block that persons access to thier account to keep everything in order.
2004 ZX10R... Modded and sold
2007 GSXR 750... Modded and sold
2008 M109R-- Seriously modded and sold
2011 Ninja 1000-- modded and sold
2012 Raider S-- current ride

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »
He realizes now he made a mistake and wants to come back but he can not even get ahold of a admin. because he cannot log in, his ip addresses have been banned so I'm tiring to put him intouch  with mrT but he has not returned my pm yet
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

jim

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
Bill wanted account deleted.  With his number of post Its nearly impossible to do at least on the programs  for my boards. Remember every post would have to be deleted.  Look at the mess that would cause in threads .  So you do a ban . His posts remain (as guest)  and he is no longer a member.  I guess ban could be lifted but thats between Bill and admin.
  I have been ban over the years from a board or 2. I asked in some cases and in one case was because of who I was. I never even posted  their  Ban when joined.
  Folks running these boards , having mods, and all the different personalty's  isn't all fun a games .  I ban some people a few years back  and they started a hate Michael T board  .  It went no where but I thought was funny at time.   I miss Bill also but remember he requested this.

Just so I understand.... you're saying, Bill requested to get banned? Deleting ones account should not be the springboard for getting banned off this site....
If for some reason I get pissed I walk away to cool down.... that does not remove me from the human race. We are a family here in some aspects so I would think we should also be forgiving in some meltdown also....

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »

Just so I understand.... you're saying, Bill requested to get banned? Deleting ones account should not be the springboard for getting banned off this site....
If for some reason I get pissed I walk away to cool down.... that does not remove me from the human race. We are a family here in some aspects so I would think we should also be forgiving in some meltdown also....

I have released the ban on Bill.

Requesting your profile to be deleted is something we (admins/moderators) take seriously.  In the same manner we expect all the members of this forum to take seriously the request to have your profile deleted.

Being pissed off and walking away to cool down is one thing... taking it to the level of requesting your profile be deleted is entirely different.   We, admins/moderators have better things to do with our time than deleting your profile because you're pissed... only to have you sign-up again and then get pissed and requests your  profile be deleted... etc.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

jim

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »

I have released the ban on Bill.

Requesting your profile to be deleted is something we (admins/moderators) take seriously.  In the same manner we expect all the members of this forum to take seriously the request to have your profile deleted.

Being pissed off and walking away to cool down is one thing... taking it to the level of requesting your profile be deleted is entirely different.   We, admins/moderators have better things to do with our time than deleting your profile because you're pissed... only to have you sign-up again and then get pissed and requests your  profile be deleted... etc.

Understood T.... let's just say that this is a warning to anyone that requests that they be removed... "thats the way he wants it...well.. he gets it.  Thanks for your understanding and toloration in this matter..... :)

Paladin

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Nov 13, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
This is what happened when I had requested to be removed from this forum.

"I rejected his request to be removed which has caused his profile to once again show up. I did however change his account so that he could not sign-in.  SO... I sorta removed his account at his request.      I didn't want to lose any of his informative post."    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:19:56 PM by Mr. T »

Based on the above, it seems that this forum has an "informative post" index. It's like the Hotel California. Depending on where you rate on the index, you can check out, but you can never leave.   

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2012, 02:20:04 PM by Paladin »
Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Nov 13, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Okay, lets roll!!!

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Nov 13, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
This is what happened when I had requested to be removed from this forum.

"I rejected his request to be removed which has caused his profile to once again show up. I did however change his account so that he could not sign-in.  SO... I sorta removed his account at his request.      I didn't want to lose any of his informative post."    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:19:56 PM by Mr. T »

Based on the above, it seems that this forum has an "informative post" index. It's like the Hotel California. Depending on where you rate on the index, you can check out, but you can never leave.

Being an admin/moderator does not automatically,  via osmosis or any other medium, give you complete knowledge of the "inner workings" of this forum.   It wasn't until after that, that I discovered deleting a profile does not delete their posts. 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
I am back, it's over, I do want to say one thing, it was never about ROM and I will leave it at that, let's all just move on.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

102~2~113

• Big Brother
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
Glad you're back bro, now I'll get a birthday wish,  ;D

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
I am back, it's over, I do want to say one thing, it was never about ROM and I will leave it at that, let's all just move on.

And with that, hey new mod ... why don't you flex some muscle and lock this bad boy down?  ;D ;D

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --