Custom Raider

Author Topic: Kurakyn swingarm axle adjuster cover ?  (Read 636 times)

vsr

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Kurakyn swingarm axle adjuster cover ?
« on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
Hay I'm hoping that any of you who have the Kuyaykyn axle adjuster covers can give me a little info on them. I'd like to no if they mount securely and do they allow enough room with the cover off to remove the axle if needed and is there any problem getting to the adjuster nut? Also I want both sides to match so I'm going with the shorter version since I have the V&H 2into1 exaust. One more thing does the heat from the exaust hurt or discolor the chrome ? Thanks for any help.

109rfan

• Road Star
    • View Profile
Re: Kurakyn swingarm axle adjuster cover ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
I'm running them thirty seem secure once tightened down and plus side if you needed to theyr easily fully removed the center is off with one screw
big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest

relic rider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »
i have them on my bike for 2 years now and have had no problems at all, lots of room to work on things when removed no problem

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
So how exactly do these install....the instructions seem a bit confusing.  I can't seem to visualize it.  What's holding this thing on?  Is it only adhesive tape?
Kick Logic To The Curb!

109rfan

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
Sticky tape and the bolt it basically has curved edges on swing arm so when tightened down almost like a clamp
big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest

vsr

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
Hay thanks for all the info guys I just ordered the shorter one for the V&H exhaust side and the longer one for the other side I think it should look good.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
I think I might just ask Santa for these....Wish I could get a set that were just powdercoated black rather than chrome though.  Maybe I'll give Kury a call.
Kick Logic To The Curb!