Raider Patches

Author Topic: windshield  (Read 677 times)

bigjohn

windshield
« on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
windshield

big john here, bought an 08 raider back in jan of this year. previous owner dumped what i added up to be like 4,500 in mostly stock yamaha extras. i liked them all but i took off the windshield [with the key] and even though there has been a few chilly days i just don't see it going back on. i've got heated gear and i'm a bear when it comes to riding in 15 degree weather. i need that wind smackin me in the face at 90 mph..yahooooooooooooooooo
here's the deal. instead of this thing sittin round and collectin dust. i want to sell it to some one who really has a need for it. i think it's the 19"one and it is the taller of the two that yamaha makes for the raider.[if this info. is correct] it does a good job at blocking what i remember as half of the head wind on the highway. maybe this has been tmi and some would think im nuts for not going for more dough, but i'm the seller and i say 'no reasonable offer refused' oh and one more thing...this shield is the hot set up for the raider  imo..others look like what they are.. aftermarket. again. no 'buy lo sell high' guys. just some like me who doesn't have alot of money fallin out of the holes in his jeans. jmehewjr@yahoo.com

More Information

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: windshield
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
How much were you looking to get ? And do you have any pictures.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

umpire3

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »
PM'ed.

bigjohn

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:55:31 PM »
yo sweets, i know better that to sell somethin on the net with no pics. i got a digital camera, but i never could get the damn thing workin with my pc. there are pics of bikes with this windshield all over the net. this windshield is in excellent condition as is the hardware. i want someone who needs a windshield to have it, so money wasn't the object. i said i was the seller  and 'the seller says, no reasonable offer refused.'

go to the yamaha parts site and look at the 'yamaha raider windshield'. there are short ones 14" and tall ones 19"

i have the taller 19" one [i hope my info is accurate enough to understand].  there is only ONE factory, stock, raider windshield and this IS one of them, in excellent cond.

whoever buys it will not be disappointed. i don't want a bad rap. thanks for your interest big john

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bigjohn

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
yes thats it. and i have all the stuff. it's the 19" oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. look at that list price looks like $575 total...hey guys i said no reasonable offer refused. does any one speak english here?   i  see............ your thinkin' that dick head probably wants over $300 for that thing  [you mean like the guy with the list price backrest?] ........nooooooooooo........... yer talking to big john here.....................don't get pissed ...........just put your money were your mouth is...are there any nice people left in this screwed up world?

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2012, 07:31:50 AM »
Where are you located John?
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.