Raider Patches

Author Topic: 12" over front end  (Read 6575 times)

Sarka

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: 12" over front end
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Oh and what is your total spent on this mod when all said and done?

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
While I haven't researched this at all can someone enlighten me as to why we bother with tube extensions at all.  Custom fork tubes aren't that expensive on other bikes?   Why take the risk, when you can probably do it right (no visible seam, far less extra weight, and less likely to result in a catastrophic failure).
Kick Logic To The Curb!

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 22, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »
While I haven't researched this at all can someone enlighten me as to why we bother with tube extensions at all.  Custom fork tubes aren't that expensive on other bikes?   Why take the risk, when you can probably do it right (no visible seam, far less extra weight, and less likely to result in a catastrophic failure).

Custom fork tubes may not be that expensive when looked at as an item by itself but put that price next to the price of extensions and there is a huge difference.  My Extensions were $90.00, The best price I have seen for fork tubes is $255.00 without looking at ebay.  Simple economics in my case considering everything else I had invested in my bike.  And I am unaware of any catistorophic failures in reference to extensions.

jhow2133

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
I thought the 46mm material was tough to find I read somewhere?
I have big plans...

bigjohn

« Reply #19 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »
ya darn skippy..the yamachopper front fork tube is impossible to find... 46mm tubing? no way... some say seegers will make a front end for 2 g's..really? it'll be a harley front end....and we all know a harley and a yamaka has breeding problems MUTATION........no, franks forks is not an option either..they don't have the tube either. as i am writing this there's some one out there saying i can get that tube...if you can find it don't tell me, i will burst my red neck bubble....o.k. price 30-40 clams for raw material, 150 smacks for machinist to cut threads...i'm betting 50 skins for brake lines extensions or 170 shillings for new stainless lines. kick stand frame extension [quarter inch plate steel, drill bit and some grade 9 nuts and bolts a whopping 20 shimolions. [don't forget to adjust headlight] oh, i forgot sand paper 3.13 a sheet at walmart x 4 = 12.52 beans all this added up with tax, tags and applicable fees....GRAND TOTAL $262.52 minimum w/extended stock brake lines OR  $392.52 maximum w/s.s brake lines

these prices are for materials and machinist only labor. it is a 3 stage job #1 extensions #2 brake lines #3 kick stand.. can ya dig it?

if your a KISS fan like you could forgo the frame plate [kickstand] mod and have a 'gene simmons' platform boot made out of double platinum and epoxy it on to the kickstand [also install paint matching led eyes in the kick stand boot to light up as if to say..i'm almost human.....big john
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012, 04:23:19 PM by bigjohn »

bigjohn

« Reply #20 on: Nov 22, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
i don't know what's better, makin' up more fork extension b.s. or actually doing the job.  i'm laughing so hard to see what you guys will say when you find out that 'double platinum' was actually a KISS album release back in the seventies, and how you you will react to the gene simmons boot on the kick idea. the more i type the harder i laugh..........and here's the sick part ......it's all true......that's why i think so many people hate KISS. they turned fantasy into a real world business pheonomena. we can all exist on the same plain but yet in totally different dimensia's. while those dead souls creep along the highways in their steel coffins...we raider riders show the world that the human spirit is still alive, and kick standing
on a lighter note; i worked at a state mental facility [aka nut hut] and also [like thousands of others] visited the pennhurst asylum... it is touted to be the united states premiere halloween attractions.. i rode the raider to the site and then they put you on a old bus that careens at a high rate of speed down a remote dilapitated road to the biggest collection of old abandoned buildings i've ever seen... i said to one of my riding buddies so..'your gonna pay money to visit a place where they used to keep crazy people'. they get $42 dollars a head to visit the 4 freak shows, there's about 50 people on a bus...i asked a worker how many buses they unload a night...in an hour they did 8 buses...i can't tell you the rest of the story because many of you wouldn't believe what happened to me next..but it was real..big john

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »
anyways ... I'm interested in seeing what all you've done to your bike and any work in progress ...
Can you post some pics?

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
How did we get onto KISS?   :rotfl:

If you make a KISS Platform Kickstand you gotta show some pics...Would love to see that.  KISS ARMY!
Kick Logic To The Curb!

jkimmel

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »
what are you talking about?

all of your posts are cryptic inside jokes with yourself...
The car guy

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
what are you talking about?

all of your posts are cryptic inside jokes with yourself...

:agree:  I was thinking that he could be just blowing smoke and at the same time the only one inhaling...  :o

bigjohn

« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »
i have a smartphone attached to a laptop and i'm on the site here. how do i post pics? help. big john
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 09:22:34 AM by bigjohn »

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
-> reply
-> attachments and other options
-> browse to where the picture is located

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

bigjohn

« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »
1, 2, 3, did all that now what?

bigjohn

« Reply #28 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
sorry guys i have an i phone plugged into the laptop and this stupid site cant take pic off my phone [says its too large] its not a smart phone its a dumb phone. just like the dumb people that make it. why the hell would you make something that doesnt work? . i'm a biker not a rockstar......i'll try something later.. big john
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 10:24:43 AM by bigjohn »

marcelm

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 24, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
I have also asked a lot of US companies, about making longer tubes for Raider ( frankmain also ..). the answer was always the same ... NO, due to the 46 mm diameter.
My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."