Author Topic: 12" over front end  (Read 15339 times)

jhow2133

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 12" over front end
« Reply #30 on: Nov 24, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »
Load the pic from your phone to your gallery, then link from your gallery to your post.  There is a how to on the forum
I have big plans...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:08:55 pm »
    I have also asked a lot of US companies, about making longer tubes for Raider ( frankmain also ..). the answer was always the same ... NO, due to the 46 mm diameter.

I'd just spring for new trees and ebay your longer forks then.  I would go risking it with long extensions.  I even have reservations about the small extensions.  you can get raked trees for less than 300...which might help correct your trail with the longer fork.  New raked trees and a bigger tire might fix the trail.  I look at it this way...  what's $500-1000 extra cost vs your own safety.  I'd hate to be visiting the pearly gates just to hear St. Peter tell you "had you done it right you wouldn't be there yet"

Kick Logic To The Curb!

bigjohn

« Reply #32 on: Nov 24, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »
    i have put the fok ext. pics in gallery. but i don't know what ace means when he says to copy and paste or wtf. i need help getting them from gallery to post...big john

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »
      i have put the fok ext. pics in gallery. but i don't know what ace means when he says to copy and paste or wtf. i need help getting them from gallery to post...big john

Do you mean these

bigjohn

« Reply #34 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »
      yes, i posted those extensions. i'm trying to find time to get this mod on a raider. when i get done i'll post pics...if anyone would like to have fork extensions for the raider i'll be glad to make ANY length custom for under $200
      remember this christmas season what God did for us when He sent His only Son to die for our sins [so we wouldn't have to pay for them in hell] God gave the ultimate gift [Jesus His Son] and when He did it cost Him a terrible price. so when your opening gifts on christmas remember God's gift, eternal life through Jesus Christ.....God bless you this holiday season.. big john....jmehewjr@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 09:20:45 pm by bigjohn »

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #35 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:00:42 pm »
      yes, i posted those extensions. i'm trying to find time to get this mod on a raider. when i get done i'll post pics...if anyone would like to have fork extensions for the raider i'll be glad to make ANY length custom for under $200
      remember this christmas season what God did for us when He sent His only Son to die for our sins [so we wouldn't have to pay for them in hell] God gave the ultimate gift [Jesus His Son] and when He did it cost Him a terrible price. so when your opening gifts on christmas remember God's gift, eternal life through Jesus Christ.....God bless you this holiday season.. big john....jmehewjr@yahoo.com
      Don't you mean your Raider...post some pic of YOUR Raider in your gallery.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:04:04 pm »
      Don't you mean your Raider...post some pic of YOUR Raider in your gallery.
      :rotfl: :rotfl:
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bigjohn

« Reply #37 on: Nov 25, 2012, 07:58:29 am »
      it's sunday, time to head out to a good bible teaching, preaching church on my raider. hope you do to. big john

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #38 on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »
      bigjohn- Are you responding to posts that the rest of us cannot see?  You keep changing subjects like you're arguing with someone and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

As far as your extensions idea, personally I'm going to need to see this on a Raider because it doesn't sound aesthetically pleasing to me personally.  Especially with so much of it above the upper tree.  I could be wrong though.  It only took me about an hour or two to install my extensions, so get these on your Raider and snap some pictures so we can all see them.

jhow2133

• Raider
      « Reply #39 on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »
      Without raked trees I envision this lookin like a recliner. Without a back to lean on
      I have big plans...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »
      Without raked trees I envision this lookin like a recliner. Without a back to lean on

Gotta agree.   That's why I'd like to see it.

h00sierh0rn

• Road Star
      « Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »
      i find this entire thread interesting...

troll on!

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2012, 04:43:56 pm »

troll on!
      I find it fustrating one I want to see it, two I dont think I will like it with out changing the rake. Three will he have to were high heals to touch the ground. O8O
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:00:24 pm »

troll on!
      I find it fustrating one I want to see it, two I dont think I will like it with out changing the rake. Three will he have to were high heals to touch the ground. O8O

ttiwwp

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

bigjohn

« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:25:34 pm »
      i don't like the derogatory comments about the 12" mod. but i do like positive ones and it for these guys that i will continue with responding and completing my 12" front end. [if the naysayers met me face to face they might forget all the rotten things they say about my posts.] my mom used to tell me 'if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. IF ANY OF YOU RAIDER OWNERS ARE WONDERING WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO HAVE A 12'' FRONT END RUN YOUR BIKE UP ON A CURB OF APPROPRIATE HEIGHT AND SIT IN THE SADDLE AND LOOK AT THE MIRRORS....SEE IF YOU SEE WHAT I SAW WHEN I DID IT. i like the 70's jacked up chopper look [REMEMBER EASY RIDER] ...you see, some people take a pick up truck and jack it up, some lower it, some ride at stock height.  it is a matter of personal taste.....every once in a while i am impressed by a radical ride [what ever it may be] i was riding down the highway once and saw a chopper with the gas tank 4-5 feet off the ground....baddest and scariest bike/biker i ever saw. some mods that come along are cool some are just lacking [as if to in desperation do anything to be different] i like the wide tire idea to a degree..i like the factory 40 degree front end. but i think the raider's front end is too squatty or short looking so i'm rolling the dice. and for the last time i'll post pics when i'm done. I'M NOT DONE YET. big john
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012, 05:29:21 pm by bigjohn »