Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: 12" over front end  (Read 5582 times)

firer8r

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 12" over front end
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »
"i don't like the derogatory comments about the 12" mod. but i do like positive ones and it for these guys that i will continue with responding and completing my 12" front end."

I haven't seen any respnses that I would call "derogatory".  If you consider any of them derogatory, you have a low threshold and a thin skin.  If you are referring to the ones that do not completely agree with you and what you are doing, please remember that this is a forum.  When you put something out here you have to expect any member who has an opinion will tell you what it is.  You don't have to like it, but they have a right to say it.  I don't think anybody has attacked you or or your plan.  Fielding questions and providing facts is part of the expectation.

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
anyways ... I'm interested in seeing what all you've done to your bike and any work in progress ...
Can you post some pics?

So now that you have an idea on  how to post pics, how about some of your bike as it sits now - many here are eager to see how it looks with such ideas that have been done, in progress or to be done.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:55:02 AM »
Cant wait to see this.  I'll bet it is going to look sharp as hell....

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

CBird

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »

Well I have run out of popcorn and feel this one is heading down a dead end. If bigjohn can post pics of 13" tubes and not of his own Raider, I am canceling my subscription to this thread and will move on to other exciting threads...  :raider:

I still say having the joint under the tree is a bad idea, thats all I got for this one. Adios!

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »

Well I have run out of popcorn and feel this one is heading down a dead end. If bigjohn can post pics of 13" tubes and not of his own Raider, I am canceling my subscription to this thread and will move on to other exciting threads...  :raider:

I still say having the joint under the tree is a bad idea, thats all I got for this one. Adios!

I'm with you.  That's just too much stress on the threads. Eventually I see it coming apart.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »

He said that the joint was going to be flush with the top of the bottom tree-not below it- the rest was going to be above the top tree. At least that was my understanding :shrug:

2014 West Central Raider Rally
Check out the website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »

He said that the joint was going to be flush with the top of the bottom tree-not below it- the rest was going to be above the top tree. At least that was my understanding :shrug:

Still seems too close for my comfort.  I wouldn't do it.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »

I don't think the factory upper tubes were designed to have that much more stress put on them either, but then again, I've got 4" ones.  I wish him luck and can't wait to see pics.  And I truely hope that it ends up safely, with no issue.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »

I don't think the factory upper tubes were designed to have that much more stress put on them either, but then again, I've got 4" ones.  I wish him luck and can't wait to see pics.  And I truely hope that it ends up safely, with no issue.

Ron-where does the joint end up at using the 4" ext-about half way in between the triple trees?

2014 West Central Raider Rally
Check out the website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »

Probably not quite at center.  I have the 3" and only about 2" are visible.  The first inch is buried in the upper tree.

Ron-where does the joint end up at using the 4" ext-about half way in between the triple trees?

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »

Probably not quite at center.  I have the 3" and only about 2" are visible.  The first inch is buried in the upper tree.

Dan The seam ia a little below the center point of the upper and lower triple tree.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »

Dan The seam ia a little below the center point of the upper and lower triple tree.

Is it really?  I have mine covered, but I figured it wouldn't be that low. 

Sorry. Giving false info.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
Actually, I'm giving false info too......I have 3" extensions   :-\

My seam is about 1 1/2" below the bottom of the top clamp, and about 7" to the top of the bottom clamp.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 01:56:18 PM by Ron505 »
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

Is it really?  I have mine covered, but I figured it wouldn't be that low. 

Sorry. Giving false info.

Reverse mine, it's a little above, not below the center point.

Designed by Bill L - Built by Tejas
120ci of Refined Attitude  "Bigger is Better"