Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: NEW Stripped Down Honda Goldwing  (Read 3106 times)

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Stripped Down Honda Goldwing
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2012, 08:54:18 AM »
I watched a older  guy about a month ago drop a gold wing in the Yamaha shop and it hit another bike .  :yikes: :yikes:

Had a guy a few years ago do just that to mine ... we were parking. I wheeled into my spot. This guy then preceded to back his GW next to mine. I should have known that I was in trouble at how shaky he was and how long it took him to back it up. AS he got to the curb, like in slow motion, over it went - into my bike. He held it enough that the impact wasn't really hard, but enough to chip the tank. People came, helped and off we went into the restaurant. The part that steamed me about this is that he never said sorry ... never asked if my bike had any damage ... nothing. I get it, accidents happen. And I was expecting him to pay to get it fixed, just a simple sorry would have sufficed.

Needless to say, I know watch for GWs when parking my bike in a crowd or at a local event. I WILL get up and move my bike if I see a GW parking next to mine.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
I watched a older  guy about a month ago drop a gold wing in the Yamaha shop and it hit another bike .  :yikes: :yikes:

Had a guy a few years ago do just that to mine ... we were parking. I wheeled into my spot. This guy then preceded to back his GW next to mine. I should have known that I was in trouble at how shaky he was and how long it took him to back it up. AS he got to the curb, like in slow motion, over it went - into my bike. He held it enough that the impact wasn't really hard, but enough to chip the tank. People came, helped and off we went into the restaurant. The part that steamed me about this is that he never said sorry ... never asked if my bike had any damage ... nothing. I get it, accidents happen. And I was expecting him to pay to get it fixed, just a simple sorry would have sufficed.

Needless to say, I know watch for GWs when parking my bike in a crowd or at a local event. I WILL get up and move my bike if I see a GW parking next to mine.

I think I'd be talking to the police on that one.  He should at least pay for your tank damage.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
I think it's been noted that I am not a bagger fan...especially if it's a Raider...but to be honest...that Wing looks pretty nice! If in my older years (Im 52 years young) I am inclined to get a bagger...something like this would do it for me  8)

ShorbE

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
The dont think the mirrors on my car are that big ???

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »

You are far too easy going. This guy would've been paying to repair my bike.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »

:agree:

Yes... accidents DO happen... that's why we have insurance and that's why HIS insurance would be taking care of this....

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

:agree:

Yes... accidents DO happen... that's why we have insurance and that's why HIS insurance would be taking care of this....
I am always watchin when some clown decides to park his bike beside mine. I dont want that happenin to me .
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
To me looks like that Goldwing is more of an answer to the BMW 1600GT.

thewizard1698

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
Nice looking bike, don't think it'll give HD Street Glides, etc much trouble, but still at least Honda's thinking and trying. Wish Yamaha would up the ante on the Stratoliner Deluxe. They wouldn't have to do much, just adding cruise control would help. RNL

Veego

« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:33:50 AM »
Think I'd rather find a used 2012 and strip it down some. I do like the look especially since I don't like the way they did the trunk vs the bags on the full wing. I'd like to keep the ABS, reverse, navigation and other stuff on a used 2012 but have this look. Still holding out for a 2000cc engine and 6th gear though.

CBird

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
Nice looking bike, don't think it'll give HD Street Glides, etc much trouble, but still at least Honda's thinking and trying. Wish Yamaha would up the ante on the Stratoliner Deluxe. They wouldn't have to do much, just adding cruise control would help. RNL

I agree, and put the cluster in the fairing where it belongs. That alone would be enough to get me thinking about a bagger.

blakjak

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
I like it. A lot.
2008 Raven Raider, Vance & Hines 2-1, 250 Avon Cobra, Power Commander III, Progressive Lowering Kit (springs & dogbones), Barons BAK, Boulevard windscreen...

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
Looks like all they really did was chop off the trunk and give it a shorter wind visor. I'd like to see them try and "strip down" the front end a bit more. Like the front fairing, maybe? Plus, I can't see that removing the trunk takes away that much weight. You're still gonna want the reverse and the center stand. I like the looks of it compared to the regular 'Wing, but I'm with Zoom

I'd rather have this naked goldwing or one similar

This is a stripped down Goldwing!

If Honda wants to try and compete with the Kawi Vaquero and the HD Street Glide, they should do it with their custom line and leave the 'Wing out of it, IMO.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

bigjohn

« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
i need a tire size/rim chart with all  mods as the width progresses. big john