Author Topic: Radical exhaust for the Raider  (Read 10109 times)

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Radical exhaust for the Raider
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:21:30 am »
Plus 1 Chris, we need you, your products and your input.                                                                                     
Don't stay off the forum just cause some people get their feathers ruffled now and then ...... Me too..
I for one really like L&M products and innovative design ideas! Politically I may disagree but so what I still like L& M. Hope there's no hard feelings.  8).

Love my la choppers so I probably wouldn't be a candadite for those but would love to see a redesigned tank or chopped Rear fender!  ;)
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2012, 09:32:57 am »
    I'm working with a company, that asked me " If you were to pick one bike to make exhaust for, what would you suggest?" my response... of course the Yamaha Raider.

So as of now I have no pictures, but they told me last week they are close to having something soon. I should be talking with them before the Holiday to get more details. Those of you that are interested please email me at chagest@LowandMean.com I can contact you with pictures, prices and time frame.

Thank you all for the interest, but there seems to be some pissed off or frustrated members with me and the none evolving Raider Bagger concept. I will just respect them and stay off the forum.

Chris

Chris....

I agree with the others.... don't shy away from here because somebody got their panties in a wad... $hit happens.

Low and Mean has been a great contributor not only to the Raider community but specifically to this site.  All of us can't thank you enough for the time, effort and vison that you've put forth for the Raider.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2012, 09:47:17 am »
     :agree:

I just want to put my two cents in here about the stock exhaust. Personally I like the stockers. If you take them off and put anything else on then, there has to be a performance trade for losing the stylish stockers. It would take something quite RADICAL!!!! to move me off my sweeping chrome. I've been on a number of Raiders with aftermarket pipes and frankly was not impressed with the bikes power. One actually was less powerful even though it was louder. Anyway, performance would be the first consideration. 
    "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
    May your road be smooth yet twisty.
    Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
    I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
    And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2012, 09:56:20 am »
      Obviously, pipes are one of the most "personal taste" part of... probably all bikers.

Case in point.... I hate the stock pipes. 

So... I think many of us are looking forward to see what you come up with.  Not everyone will like them, for sure... but, options are always good.   

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
      Chris- Don't disappear.  We love your products.  That's why we were unhappy the bagger project wasn't going to go forward.  I was really looking forward to seeing what you came up with and possibly even hand picking parts of it for my Raider.   I think you read more into the posts than what was meant.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:04:13 am »
      Sure after I just put different pipes on my bike, something new is coming out ;D 8)

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2012, 12:02:06 pm »
      I sent Chris and email.  I hope he comes back and shows us what he has in mind. 

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »
      I feel the same way TRJ!
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 20, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »
      Chris....

I agree with the others.... don't shy away from here because somebody got their panties in a wad... $hit happens.

Low and Mean has been a great contributor not only to the Raider community but specifically to this site.  All of us can't thank you enough for the time, effort and vison that you've put forth for the Raider.

^^This
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #24 on: Nov 20, 2012, 02:39:40 pm »
      I'm working with a company, that asked me " If you were to pick one bike to make exhaust for, what would you suggest?" my response... of course the Yamaha Raider.

So as of now I have no pictures, but they told me last week they are close to having something soon. I should be talking with them before the Holiday to get more details. Those of you that are interested please email me at chagest@LowandMean.com I can contact you with pictures, prices and time frame.

Thank you all for the interest, but there seems to be some pissed off or frustrated members with me and the none evolving Raider Bagger concept. I will just respect them and stay off the forum.

Chris

Oh no he didn't!   :timeout:

Seriously, its no reason to stay off the forum.  I wish you'd ask our opinions about more stuff.  Bounce more ideas around.  You know had that project happened we'd have been glued to the thread.  I think most of the resentment comes toward J&P both for backing out and for the lack of service customers were getting earlier this year... a lot of people I know refuse to order from them again after their orders got severely delayed and messed up from J&P's computer changeover. 

Seriously, there is a lot of room for improvement on the raider that you could do.  You mentioned exhaust...I'd love someone to have the guts to offer a one-off pipe service.  Customer draws it...you tweak and finalize the design get customer approval and then build.  I'd love to see you make a  chin fairing that fits the raider better (not saying that your current one isn't good, but could be better if it were created for the raider.

Love to see some different styled side covers as an alternative to the spike
      Love to see your fairing come to reality
      Love to see a better sleeker quick detach bagger system.
      Would like to see a custom bigger tank with smaller digi speedo
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

bigjohn

« Reply #25 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »
      i read somewhere that a guy was ridin his raider across a parking lot said the thing was spittin and gaggin like no tommorrow. i wondered if this was true or if a raider could really sound that radical. i hear the bigger and shorter the pipe the louder things would get.  i'm interested in something off the chain, off the hook, cock-diesel,or otherwise biganigga. what are we talking about? big john

bigjohn

« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »
      low and mean...you said radical...i'm in..big john

Infernotim

• V Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #27 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:47:16 pm »
      this is a great idea.  Looking at some of the other exhausts this company has done. . . I WANT ONE!!!  Just google search fsd exhaust and you will see what i mean. . . You are such a tease Chris!

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Warrior
        • JW Publishing Corp
      « Reply #28 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »
      I remember that S4 exhaust that was on a display bike from somewhere.  That looked great to me and betting would be loud as hell just Like what I want loud!!!!!!!!
      Stealth Bike

ronsv1

• Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »
      would be interested if the pipes were radical eough that i could get the rear axle out with out removing them
      Ronsv1