Raider Patches

Author Topic: Radical exhaust for the Raider  (Read 4440 times)

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Radical exhaust for the Raider
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
I got a email from low and mean today, it is the FSD that they will be carying.....
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

flstfidevoe

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
i ground the ends of mine with a 5 inch air grinder pulled the mufflers out and it screams like daemon blessed with holy water lol

CBird

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
I got a email from low and mean today, it is the FSD that they will be carying.....

I donít understand the point of this thread, FSD marketing maybe? They arenít fabricating anything new?

WikedLizard

• ~No Rest For The Wiked~
  • Houston Area Group
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2012, 05:06:29 PM »
i ground the ends of mine with a 5 inch air grinder pulled the mufflers out and it screams like daemon blessed with holy water lol

Practically the same except I actually cut a bit off and changed the angle.

Low and Mean

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »

I donít understand the point of this thread, FSD marketing maybe? They arenít fabricating anything new?
Yes, FSD asked me which motorcycle would be the best to build pipes for and I thought the Raider needs some more good options. We also are gearing up for more product in the future. When we made the post we were asked to not say who was building them, but to ask the true enthusiast ( you forum members ) if there was a demand or any interest.
So it looks as the first production run is on its way. Now I'm going to ask if there's any interest in a group buy. ??? Thank you all for hanging with us, there's times we will come through and times were we could fall on our face, but we will always come back if there's a demand for our products or ones we sell.
Thank you to all for your understanding.
LM
Sales@LowandMean.com
1-855-880-6660

firer8r

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
"I thought the Raider needs some more good options. We also are gearing up for more product in the future."

That is exactly what we need.  More options and more innovation for our great Raider!!!
Thank you Low and  Mean for continuing to look ahead of the curve!!!

AlanW.

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »
the fsd exhaust looks pretty sick. The only thing i don't like is the heat shield on the front pipe. i think it should come all the way to the end like the rear pipe. it would look more symmetrical. Just my opinion though. If the heat shields lined up i would totally be in on a set.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »
the fsd exhaust looks pretty sick. The only thing i don't like is the heat shield on the front pipe. i think it should come all the way to the end like the rear pipe. it would look more symmetrical. Just my opinion though. If the heat shields lined up i would totally be in on a set.
Although I tend to agree with you, if you want radical, then the lack of symmetry works just fine. 

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »

Yes, FSD asked me which motorcycle would be the best to build pipes for and I thought the Raider needs some more good options. We also are gearing up for more product in the future. When we made the post we were asked to not say who was building them, but to ask the true enthusiast ( you forum members ) if there was a demand or any interest.
So it looks as the first production run is on its way. Now I'm going to ask if there's any interest in a group buy. ??? Thank you all for hanging with us, there's times we will come through and times were we could fall on our face, but we will always come back if there's a demand for our products or ones we sell.
Thank you to all for your understanding.
LM
Sales@LowandMean.com
1-855-880-6660
What will you be selling these pipes for? and what will the group buy price be?  Im sorry I missed the last group buy, I really want a seat pan, but coming up with money for anything I want around Christmas is nearly impossible....would be good timing around income tax time....
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 19, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
Low and Mean- can you please post some pictures of the pipes actually on a Raider?  the pics on the FSD site are a warrior......

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 19, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
Low and Mean- can you please post some pictures of the pipes actually on a Raider?  the pics on the FSD site are a warrior......

Here's a close-up pic.
http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=18854.0

Although the pics on their site do indeed apear to be on a Warrior.... Warrior pipes will fit on the Raider, you just need to fab your own mounting brackets.... so, it is "kinda" what they would look like on the Raider. 

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012, 01:38:55 PM by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
thanks.  I really like these.  I currently have the mortons....i am adding a tsukayu 6x9 fairing this winter, and i am confident that I will be able to hear music over the mortons, as at least the pipe is behind my head...honestly the mortons arent that lout at idle or at normal cruise spead, heck i dont even hear mine wheen im next to my wife's sportster wtih the short shots....just worried that these would be too loud to hear music over....any thoughts?

i also have trouble burning my pants to the mortons......i have to wear a suit to work, polyester melts instantly if they touch...

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
thanks.  I really like these.  I currently have the mortons....i am adding a tsukayu 6x9 fairing this winter, and i am confident that I will be able to hear music over the mortons, as at least the pipe is behind my head...honestly the mortons arent that lout at idle or at normal cruise spead, heck i dont even hear mine wheen im next to my wife's sportster wtih the short shots....just worried that these would be too loud to hear music over....any thoughts?

i also have trouble burning my pants to the mortons......i have to wear a suit to work, polyester melts instantly if they touch...

Wear Armani.

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
I just don't wear pants.
Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »
Without any baffles in them I would think these would probably be one of the loudest pipes out there for the Raider :shrug:

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com