Author Topic: most radical raider mods  (Read 7368 times)

bigjohn

most radical raider mods
« on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »
need some more highly radical mod ideas for my raid. so far i'm extending the forks 12". got rid of the rear,lollipops and tag..[tag got mounted sideways to bottom of swing arm and no i haven't got any tickets yet].. found a site on line that sells led aircraft landing lights [yes there small enough to mount very inconspicuously to front end. 250 or 260 on a 8.5 rim...phase 7 headlight. nitrous from tejas. want to see if low and mean is really serious about a highly loud and radical pipe setup. need some front signals to replace front lollipops. thinking about running a thumbscrew right through the grip housing for cruise control [what? hey man i bought a softail in 88 that had this feature and it worked great]. lets see a little more chrome hear and there what do you guys think? any ideas? big john

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

PhysicsDude55

• You see a motorcycle. I see a blank canvas.
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
      • My website of things I own and have created.
    Re: most radical raider mods
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
    I think a set of handlebars and/or controls could really change the look of it.  There are plenty of pretty radical designs if you look for them.

I'm also anxious to see this 12" over front end.  I'm thinking of raking mine out and I'm trying to look for ideas.
    260 Rear Tire, Freedom Curves exhaust, DIY BAK, DIY integrated turn signals, DIY sidemount plate.  More to come.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:56:54 pm »
    need some more highly radical mod ideas for my raid. so far i'm extending the forks 12". got rid of the rear,lollipops and tag..[tag got mounted sideways to bottom of swing arm and no i haven't got any tickets yet].. found a site on line that sells led aircraft landing lights [yes there small enough to mount very inconspicuously to front end. 250 or 260 on a 8.5 rim...phase 7 headlight. nitrous from tejas. want to see if low and mean is really serious about a highly loud and radical pipe setup. need some front signals to replace front lollipops. thinking about running a thumbscrew right through the grip housing for cruise control [what? hey man i bought a softail in 88 that had this feature and it worked great]. lets see a little more chrome hear and there what do you guys think? any ideas? big john
    A Thunbscrew for a cruise...back in 88...what....25 years ago.....I cant even remember the things I could do 25 years ago...a thumbscrew...thats funny right there, I dont care who ya are!

• Advertisement

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »
      Lets see some pictures of this radical bike!!
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
      How deep does the threading go in on those 12" extensions, personally I think you are playing with disaster on that mod.  I hope I am wrong.

Paladin

• Roadliner
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2012, 12:40:47 am »
      Hey, you should get yourself a supercharger, they bolt right up!
      Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2012, 01:03:02 am »

are you intending to completly change the forks with longer ones, or just to extend the stock ?
      if extending the stock forks, the jointing point between forks and new extensions will be under the lower triple tree clamp ?if so, I think is quite dangerous ? just thinking at safety.
      My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
      "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:25:46 am »
      Everyone here is concerned about the safety of 12" extensions ....
      As everyone has stated, we hope they work out for the OP

CBird

• Roadliner
      « Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:47:12 am »

bigjohn - I see your new here, read up on the extensions on this forum, there is plenty of information, as said I dont think you would want them hanging below the tree.

Welcome from Texas - post some pics of your ride and pin up your location. Looking forward to seeing this radical Raider transformation!

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:53:04 am »
      Hey, you should get yourself a supercharger, they bolt right up!

agreed ... pretty radical and looks mean as hell

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:31:37 am »
      There is a vendor with led turn signals that mount under the lower triple clamp and follow the V.

http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.asp?prodid=739236

Here is one site that sells them.
      The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

ding3k

• Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:41:37 am »
      12" is pretty far. I am guessing that is a typo of 1-2". Either way with the mods you have, I would love to see a picture. Post one up.

RedLineRick

• SEA-ROAR MEMBER
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:07:56 pm »
      How about a link for the LED landing lights.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:39:49 pm »
      12" is pretty far. I am guessing that is a typo of 1-2". Either way with the mods you have, I would love to see a picture. Post one up.

It's no type O, he really is going to put 12 inch extensions on his Yamachopper as he calls it...  :yikes:

Chance13

• Warrior
      « Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:47:45 pm »
      WE NEED PICTURES OF THIS RADICAL RAIDER......

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
       RAIDER!!!!!