Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Help!!! how do i mount my memphis shades brackets to my tsukayu batwing fairing?  (Read 2097 times)

dirtman1

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I bought the tsukayu batwing fairing and the memphis shades quick release brackets and i can't figure this out. i feel like im missing a part.. please help..... Thanks

2smokes

• Road Star
    • View Profile
Did you get a "plates only" kit or the full kit? 

dirtman1

• Road Star
    • View Profile
full kit.

Well i brainstormed for awhile, broke down and bought a case of beer, and after a few cold ones i finally said screw it and took the stock brackets that came with the tsukayu fairing and installed them on fairing. then took the clamps that came with the fairing and installed them. all of it bolted up.

Why do i need the memphis shade quick release kit? none of it fits.

I took it for a test ride last night at midnight and it was 46 degrees. all i had on was a pair of blue jeans and my leather jacket. wasn't freezing my A@@ off. was nice.

Stereo sucks, my windshield is to tall, and i have to figure out how to close a lot of the gaps on the fairing. the trim on the speaker seems to have a gap behind it. I am replacing them asap.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
i am getting one of their fairings soon.  from what i understood on their site, they include everything needed....its one of those charts where * refers to that you have to have the MS brackets.  I plan on ordering mine radio ready so that i can put the radio of my choice in it.  did you go 6x9 or round speakers?   what other issues are you having with it?
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

dirtman1

• Road Star
    • View Profile
I followed there directions and got the memphis shade mounting brackets but they don't work. it mounts up just fine so i don't need the MS brackets. To take the fairing off all you have to do is loosen the allen key bolts and its off. So if i didn't need the MS brackets i def wish i could get my 142.00 bucks back. I coulda used that money for speakers. the ipod hook up refuses to play my music loud. i have to max out the volume to 50 to barely hear the music on my iphone. The ipod cord provided does charge my phone. i forget to check to see if the 12 volt outlet works. Im going to get a new CD player that has Bluetooth media streaming so i don't have to hook my iphone up the the cord. I will use it when i need to charge my phone but thats it. If for some reason any one hopes and dreams the stock set up will work, def stop dreaming. when all said an done im sure i will be happy. Just ready to have it all finished so i can stop freezing my butt off.

I took pics but i am using my mothers computer at her house and i can't seem to get it to let me load the pics, so tonight im going to fight with it and try to make it happen. I parked my bike next to my step dad's harley and they are pretty identical looking. I had the option of buying his harley or bagging my raider. I love my raider so that was a pretty easy decision.

Why hasn't anyone with a batwing fairing chimed in yet?

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
what do you mean about closing some of the gaps? also some radios have a source level adjustment...I know my pioneer does...so you might check in the settings of the radio to see if you can adjust that up if the audio level of the phone is lower than the other modes.  I dont remember what brand radio they use, but worth a shot before you spend any more money on a new one. 
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2012, 03:55:47 PM by mddrummer911 »
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
The MS brackets, I believe, are for people running the MS windshield already. Why can't you return them? You should be able to. I'll take them if you want to sell them cheap. I want to see if I can modify them to work with the Yamaha factory mounts.

What size windshield did you get?

For your iPod, turn the volume up kn the iPod itself.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

dirtman1

• Road Star
    • View Profile
lol im not blonde i turned the music up on my iphone. The Cd player is junk in my eyes so its def gotta go.

On the website for the batwing fairing it says you have to order the mS brackets to make it work.

I got the biggest windsheild they had. im going to cut it down to size.

The gap is an easy fix once i do my final adjustements after its all painted and the stereo is done.

It says once the pacakge is open you cannot return. How much is your definition of cheap?

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Are you using the aux cord or are you using the USB Apple cord? The USB is better. I'm kind of disappointed to hear the stereo stinks. I was looking to get the completed setup but based on your comments, I think if I can figure out the mount, I'll get the stereo ready one. I wonder if you get the mounting hardware with the "ready" unit.

As for the brackets, maybe I can pay for shipping to me and if my buddy thinks he can make them work, I'll buy them from you. If not, I'll pay to send them back.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

dirtman1

• Road Star
    • View Profile
it has a jack and a ipod plug in and they both suck. I knew the stock stereo wouldn't match up to a good aftermarket set. I wanted it with the stereo installed b/c then i could get pumped to buy better stuff. plus i would always be curious on how it sounded stock.

I practically used a magnifying glass to see how other raiders used theres mounted. By doing that it looks as if they used the stock mounting system that came with fairing. i will have the pics posted by friday if not tonight or tomorrow. im tired of fighting with this stupid computer.

Also there is a brown wire that you connect to the power wire and i can turn the stereo on and off by the CD player. when you turn the bike off i have to manually turn the cd player off by hitting the off button. they say you can wire it so that it will only turn on when key is turned on but idk if i want to do that. I let my bike sit all night with the stereo turned off to see if it would kill my battery with it hooked up that way. My bike started right up in the morning.