Author Topic: Considering new Bars for 2010 Raider...need advice  (Read 12550 times)

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Considering new Bars for 2010 Raider...need advice
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »
Check out Pacific Coast Star. They have the bars you need. I just got mine and it only took a little over a week.

I bought the Carlini 1.5" super sweeps. The guys at PCS told me I would get just under an inch of rise and a couple inches of pullback. They recommended the +2 inch cables as well. Will post pix of new bars on bike Friday when I get it back from the shop.

1 1/2" Carlini Super Sweep Bars

Sold exclusively through Pacific Coast Star
9" rise
11" pullback
31 .5" width
1 1/2" thick tubing provides and incomparable style
Meticulously polished welds and show chromed to meet Carlini's standards

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/yamaha_raider_drag_bars.htm

How did pulling the wires through the bars go?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2012, 03:13:04 pm »
    Check out Pacific Coast Star. They have the bars you need. I just got mine and it only took a little over a week.

I bought the Carlini 1.5" super sweeps.
    Ouch...$300.00 with no free shipping, but I guess I would pay it if there is no cheaper alternative.
    Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 78 year old body.

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Roadliner
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:03:26 pm »
    I just went through every custom parts link for the raider that I have, and Carlini is only make that has longer than stock pull back.

• Advertisement

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »
      PCS is a good vendor, I have used them several times, great products and customer service.

+1

I bought the extended cable and line kit from them.
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:30:19 pm »

I bought the Carlini 1.5" super sweeps. The guys at PCS told me I would get just under an inch of rise and a couple inches of pullback. They recommended the +2 inch cables as well. Will post pix of new bars on bike Friday when I get it back from the shop.

9" rise
      11" pullback
      31 .5" width

Hopefully it goes well but I didn't want to mess with it myself so it's at the shop. I get it back on Friday.

silverstreak

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:54:12 pm »
      dont get cruiser performance bars, even through a vendor. phat performance will drop you off with cruiser performance and you will be screwed.
      What about Pacific Coast Star? These might fit the need.
      1 1/2" Super Radius Sweep Bars
      8" rise
      9" pullback
      33" width.
      Fits with Yamaha Raider riser spreads
      Brilliant Show Chrome
      includes Mounting Bolts
      Works with Raider Controls

PCS is a good vendor, I have used them several times, great products and customer service.

i have no experience aside from what ive read from unhappy and pissed off members about bars.

bigjohn

« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2012, 07:40:34 pm »
      i have that yamaha cruise seat with the backrest [for driver] and it is adjustable with a little screw. yours might be that way too. big john

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »
      i have that yamaha cruise seat with the backrest [for driver] and it is adjustable with a little screw. yours might be that way too. big john
      I have that too, and I could try that as a temporary fix, but I still wanted to get the bars.

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 22, 2012, 08:01:41 am »
      I'd go with LA Choppers.  Their 6-7" drags are almost like stock.  Their 9-9.5 give a nice pullback increase (I'm 5'10" and in the increased pullback of the 9.5" was perfect).  You'll also want to consider if you need new lines.  Some folks can keep the stock lines with 9" pull.  I had to replace my lines with 9.5" pullback only because of the clutch line.  Also don't forget to order your bolts.
      Cruiser Customizing has these for $202.99. On the Pacific Coast Star site, they show you how to measure rise and pullback. I'm going to measure the rise and pull back of the stock bars and see what the difference is. If you are 5'10" and these are perfect for you, they should work for me as well, especially that I'm a little taller, the 11" rise should be even better for me. I appreciate all the suggestions...Thanks.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 04:59:50 pm by bikertrsh »

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »

9" rise
      11" pullback
      31 .5" width

Hopefully it goes well but I didn't want to mess with it myself so it's at the shop. I get it back on Friday.

Just got the bike back from the shop with the new bars on. The mechanic said it was a beetch getting the wires through. Very happy with the results.

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 03:26:26 pm by kreed020 »

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2012, 04:06:51 pm »
      Looks great. What did they charge you for labor? Just curious.
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »
      Thx!  With an oil change and some extra nuts and bolts it was around $500. 

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2012, 02:53:02 pm »
      That looks really nice. How is the reach to the grips for you, and if you don't mind, what is your height? I'm looking at the LA Choppers bars with 9" pull back and 11" rise.

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »
      I'm 5'-9" At first it seemed too close as I was used to reaching out to the bars. But I took it out today for a ride and cant tell you how much better it is. No more shoulder pain from reaching for the bars. Also, I can use my backrest to it's full advantage as I am comfortably situated in the seat instead of leaning forward.  The bars feel about the same height level and are about 2-2.5 inches closer to my body. It cost a lot but was a "must" if I was going to keep this bike.    Oh, one more thing.......I dont know about the other brands but if you go with the Carlini bars you will need to get new grips at least 5 3/4 long. The ones I bought were only 5" and they are too short. Need to find some longer ones on Monday.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2012, 11:34:52 pm by kreed020 »

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #29 on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:27:19 am »
      I'm 5'-9" At first it seemed too close as I was used to reaching out to the bars. But I took it out today for a ride and cant tell you how much better it is. No more shoulder pain from reaching for the bars. Also, I can use my backrest to it's full advantage as I am comfortably situated in the seat instead of leaning forward.  The bars feel about the same height level and are about 2-2.5 inches closer to my body. It cost a lot but was a "must" if I was going to keep this bike.    Oh, one more thing.......I dont know about the other brands but if you go with the Carlini bars you will need to get new grips at least 5 3/4 long. The ones I bought were only 5" and they are too short. Need to find some longer ones on Monday.
      Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to get the LA Chopper bars. The Carlini's are nice, but I don't want to spend $300 on them, and given the fact I would need longer than stock grips for the Carlini's. I think the rise and pullback will be fine on the LA Choppers, based on the information that you and others have given. I already ordered Pro-One grips in the "twisted" style they offer, and got a really good deal on them...$99.65 including shipping from Metric Thunder. They go for $114.95 retail on the Pro-One website, and $102.95 plus shipping elsewhere. I will get the bars and extended cables and lines later on in the spring, and will probably spend a little extra for the "Platinum" extended stuff from Pacific Coast Star.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012, 10:31:52 am by bikertrsh »