Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: rear wheel shimming?  (Read 450 times)

bigjohn

rear wheel shimming?
« on: Nov 22, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
when i measure the wheel/tire clearances on the raider it appears that there is more room on the belt side than on the brake side.. with an 8.5 wheel going on i just can't see how i'll clear the swing on the brake side. what is the low down on the 7.5 vs. 8.5 wheel? does the 8.5 have an offset of some kind?, shims?... and does any one screw with the belt tensioners to gain clearance advantage? any and all ideas/experiences welcome. big john

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: rear wheel shimming?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »
I have RC Components on my Raider, they are 8.5"  There is no problem with clearance on the brake side and I run a Avon 240.  I can't tell you if there is an additional spacer or shim, the wheel was put on at the dealers when my bike was being built.  At one point the dealer had put a 250 on by mistake and it still cleared but just barely according to them.  bhodge, a member here and the General Manager at Tejas Motorsports could tell you if a spacer or shim is needed.  Send him a PM.

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
It is not shimmed I have a 8.5 with a 240 and she clears just fine and my bike is slammed in the back and lowered in the front
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »
It is not shimmed I have a 8.5 with a 240 and she clears just fine and my bike is slammed in the back and lowered in the front

Thanks Pete...  :thumbs:

bigjohn

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
thanks for the input big john