Author Topic: VBulletin, Yes or No  (Read 1875 times)

SLK

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: VBulletin, Yes or No
« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2012, 02:12:38 AM »
I am undecided.  I have been on a number of forums over the years and each used a different format.  I never had a problem with navigation, and I have no problems with ads.  On some of the forums you could avoid ads by paying a monthly fee.  I say if it doesn't cost me a thing and every so often an add pops up so the sight can paid for, fine with me.  however if a change causes posts, whole threads or even parts of threads and pictures to disappear, then I say if it isn't broke don't fix it, and give me more ads here if necessary.  Just my opinion.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #31 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:52:54 AM »
:agree: budaman, as has been said, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", and it's a long way from being broke. 8)

agreed..... :agree:

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

ding3k

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:24:44 AM »
The forum is the forum because of the people, not what runs it in the background. I am not familiar with VBulletin so I am not sure all of the additional features behind the scenes that are happening. It could make moderating a lot easier, I don't know. It may be worth the benefit. Whatever it is, we should embrace change if needed and not be old farts and reject any change out there. Make sure that VBulletin is worth it, if it is, go for it, if not, then don't.

Darthraider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
I don't have any problems,with site the way it is.So I voted no :raider: