Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: raider fuel injection limits  (Read 559 times)

bigjohn

raider fuel injection limits
« on: Nov 25, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
thinking of running that new cobra power pro [i think this is the one] that supposedly has the ability to tune the fuel based on the motors crankshaft acceleration. my question is this [for anyone that really knows the yamaha fuel injection system] what is the fuel systems capabilities beyond a stock tune?  or what [percent wise] can the raiders fuel delivery supply beyond  a stock motor scenario? say i run a ram air..or bigger cam..or bigger exhaust..head work..or stroker/bored motor with something like the cobra power pro tuner mod. can the fuel system supply 10,20,50 percent more fuel than running stock? big john

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: raider fuel injection limits
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »
Raider's motor is already a stroker.  Lightening the cam won't help much since we already reach Readline too fast.
Florida Stratoliner had a discussion going about the throttle bodies being a limiting factor.  I think he talked about the fuel injection as well.  He put a 120 kit in his strat.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

jhow2133

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
I believe Bill is using stock fuel injection on his 120" with heads and cams with the PowerPro
I have big plans...

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
I believe Bill is using stock fuel injection on his 120" with heads and cams with the PowerPro

I am indeed and those stock injectors don't seem to be limiting anything, the flow was constant throughout the dyno run.

blakjak

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »
If you think about it, the Power Commander has the ability to adjust injector pulse time +/- 100%. Pressure remains the same but flow is adjusted.

Based on mods people have made already, the stock injectors and pump should be able to handle anything short of supercharging, and possibly even that. I wouldn't think that headwork, exhaust, intake, cams, and/or pistons are going to require that much more fuel.

2008 Raven Raider, Vance & Hines 2-1, 250 Avon Cobra, Power Commander III, Progressive Lowering Kit (springs & dogbones), Barons BAK, Boulevard windscreen...