Author Topic: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?  (Read 10086 times)

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:38:44 pm »
What kind of car do you drive?
What brand of TV do you own?
Who makes your cell phone?

Point being.... I'm fairly certain that everything you own isn't Ameircan made.  As pointed out by Dudeman in an ealier post... we live in a global economy.   But take heart... the Raider was designed and built for the American market.   ;D

I drive a Ford truck, made in USA.

My TV and phone and of course, all electronics come from Japan. But, I don't have US flags or pro-American decals stuck on them.

My original question was about dressing a jap bike up with American jingo garb...is that cool!

If you truely are a proud American... does it really matter what other people think about dressing a jap bike with American jingo garb?

I think I feel some kinda way about the term "jingo garb"  :o

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2012, 01:56:54 pm »
    When I wear "American jingo garb" while riding my Japanese bike I am supporting and honoring myself as an American, not the bike.  The bike is nothing more then a tool to get this American to and from where ever he is going.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2012, 02:40:15 pm »
    When I wear "American jingo garb" while riding my Japanese bike I am supporting and honoring myself as an American, not the bike.  The bike is nothing more then a tool to get this American to and from where ever he is going.

Totally agree with you Bill!
    My motto in this regard is: "Worry less and ride more!"  ;)
    To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

• Advertisement

Chance13

• Warrior
      « Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2012, 03:20:00 pm »
      Be who you are!!!! Most of the HD riders out there bad mouthing jap this and jap that drive Honda civics or Toyota vehicles.  I wear what I want, and ride what I want.  I don't worry what some one else is thinking when I'm riding, because I'm riding and they are normall standing.......

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
       RAIDER!!!!!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2012, 03:38:39 pm »

Considering the number of miles on your Raider, you must worry very little.

Paladin

• Roadliner
      « Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:26:57 pm »
      Well Bill, you certainly put a whole lot of money into something that's "nothing more than a tool" to get you from point A to Point B. I'm not convinced that it's safe to ride a japanese bike, while supporting and honoring yourself at the same time. Riding a motorcycle, while actively engaged in narcissism can have dire consequences.
      I don't know what "American jingo garb" is. However, I do know that I'm an American. It's what you do and how you conduct yourself, that makes you who you and what you are, not some patch you wear on your jacket, if that's what is referred to as "American jingo garb".
      Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

bigjohn

« Reply #21 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:41:42 pm »
      First of all we must not forget that God forged out this country based upon the praying christians that helped found it. this is the 'sercret' to america's success...that being said, some would be stupid enough to disagree with this fact, and yes, as more and more dummies [i mean americans] go with this pathetic way of thinking God's hand of blessing will continue to be removed from america. we have seen since about 1950-1960 been more and more displeasing  in the eyes of God [if  you don't believe this take a look at what God says in the Bible which just happened to be written by Him].. be that as it may, God  made all different kinds of people and this is what makes up the population of america just like years ago. big john

me

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 8
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2012, 08:20:41 pm »
      Amen my brother Amen

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:06:50 pm »

Are you kidding Dan?  First, I don't worry about anything, it's counter productive.  Second, Yes, my Raider has very few miles on it but you make it sound like I just let it sit and don't ride.  My bike only has just over 200 miles on it but it's not due to me letting it sit.  I had no control over the time it took for the bike to be built, I was told in April when I ordered it it would possibly be mid June for completion so you would have to address that with Tejas.  I had no control over the Transport company damaging the bike and then taking two months to decide they were going to take responsibility and that would have been much longer if Brent had not gotten involved.  I also had no control over Cruiser Performance taking over two months to not deliver my new bars and was, thanks to Budaman, lucky enough to have found them through another supplier that just happened to have them in their warehouse.  But through it all I have kept positive and will stay that way because I know in the end I will have my bike and will be able to ride it until the wheels fall off.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #24 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »

Are you kidding Dan?  First, I don't worry about anything, it's counter productive.  Second, Yes, my Raider has very few miles on it but you make it sound like I just let it sit and don't ride.  My bike only has just over 200 miles on it but it's not due to me letting it sit.  I had no control over the time it took for the bike to be built, I was told in April when I ordered it it would possibly be mid June for completion so you would have to address that with Tejas.  I had no control over the Transport company damaging the bike and then taking two months to decide they were going to take responsibility and that would have been much longer if Brent had not gotten involved.  I also had no control over Cruiser Performance taking over two months to not deliver my new bars and was, thanks to Budaman, lucky enough to have found them through another supplier that just happened to have them in their warehouse.  But through it all I have kept positive and will stay that way because I know in the end I will have my bike and will be able to ride it until the wheels fall off.

Yep... in fact... I think we was kidding.   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
      • Roadliner
        • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
      « Reply #25 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
      A bit of a tirade by a Disabled U.S. Army Vet... Likely to get deleted or moved to the back room.

Made in America?

That's become such a lame argument, bordering on racism.

I bought my bike last two Yamaha Bikes... from  Americans.
      Every mechanic that has done any repair or maintenance work on them... were Americans.
      I'll bet both my Kidneys and Half my liver... the engineers that designed my current Raider... were educated in America, No matter where they worked or who they worked for.
      It's ridden by an American...

Eliminate the bike because it's not "American Made" and you put a lot of Americans out of work.

and I couldn't care less about any of that crap.

Harley... is somewhere between 60 and 70% made OUTSIDE of AMERICA.

None of my clothes, since I quit actually building them myself ~ Truly! ~ are Made in America. And even those I built myself, the fabric was mostly imported...
      My boots are built... Lord only knows where... but it weren't here.
      The Tires I'm running came I think from Brazil? The last ones, came from either Brazil or Germany...

If we're only gonna feel decent wearing and riding and using what's made here, we better get used to sitting naked in a parking lot filled with wore out '57 Pontiacs.

You wanna see the end result of "IF it ain't Like ME, and made by one of "Mine" I don't want anything to do with it?" ... Take a trip to Syria, or Gaza... or the Freaking Congo... That's the result girls... whether you want to admit it or not.

I'm so sick of this Nationalistic BS... Why can't anyone else see that Nationalism is the club of absolutism they beat you all into submission with. The drug they keep you all drunk on...

Nationalism and just about an of the other "isms" ... are only one of the Many varieties of human stupidity.

Ride what you like, built by whoever the hell built it. Be grateful that you can without some whacked out racist bigot blowing you out of the saddle. Quit wasting your life beating your chests and running off at the mouth with phony and tedious spasms of warm weather patriotism.

The True Patriot feeds and defends his family and community... and is Intolerant of ANYONE denying someone else the same... because he lives across some damned line on a map... or has the wrong damn religion... or some other stupid reason... generally sworn to by the pathetic fools WE put in power over us!

You have the ability to ride in Free Air... Treasure it and quit wasting your precious time on this earth with this nonsense.

Sorry, I'll shut up now... I guess the rampant and willful blindness of people that have the benefit of Freedom and education that should lead them to know better gets to me... that no matter what... Wisdom never seems to see the light of day...  it gets under my skin once in a while.

... and one last thought... what do ya wanna bet that all those Stars and Stripes you see the "Proud Americans" Waving all the time... who the vast majority of NEVER put the uniform on, or ever risked a sliver of their hides... for ANYONE... What do ya wanna bet that 75% of those Flags were made in Indonesia... or Bangladesh... or... anywhere but HERE?
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012, 11:52:07 pm by Biker Cowboy »
      When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

Veego

« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:37:54 am »
      Disregard....no need to vent, it's not gonna change anything.

As mentioned, lots of businesses in the US make money from import sales. I hear where you're coming from though and feel at odds with myself when flying a US flag on my Wing. Then it's like screw it, I protected this country for 20 yrs+ it's my right to fly the colors. If they wanna get in my face then game on.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 03:36:29 am by RuneRaider »

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
      • Road Star
      « Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:05:09 am »
      First of all Kit, did some harley clown give you attitude? If so consider this- I can tell that a lot of us are either vets, active duty, or retired from the military. The harley attitude usually comes from some clown that trailers his bike around to rallys, rides it for a couple of days, puts it back in the trailer to go home, and calls himself a biker. Like the sticker on my helmet says " Bikers are a rare breed but harley riders are a dime a dozen! This is my 7th bike, they have always been japanese because they are dependable and yes I am retired military. You could'nt give me a harley, they all look the same to me, unlike my Raider. ;D
      I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 12
      « Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:57:17 am »
      Riding with the PGR, I have all types of USA stuff on my vest, When I do a Mission, I have a Flag on the bike....nuttin wrong with that, that I can see, I surly paid for everything in U.S. Dollars earned in the U.S.....
      THUNDER
      You can watch stuff happen
      You can make stuff happen
      Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
      PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:00:04 am »

Yep... in fact... I think we was kidding.   ;D

Actually the comment was made to WolfRaider.  I was responding to his comment about not worrying and the fact that he has 80,000+ miles on his Raider.

Bill- Lighten up.  It's not ALWAYS about you.