Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?  (Read 3368 times)

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
Re: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:05:16 AM »
Kit I ride, buy and wear what ever I damn well please, with the money I earned here, and I am also a Vet. Like others have posted, the ones with an in your face attitude are likely posers anyhow, that only would confront you in front of other wannabees, but not alone. If I were your size I wouldn’t even smile at him at him when I asked him if his name was on the title to MY Raider? ‘No, it isn't? Then shut the f’ up and go try to impress someone else!' >:(
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 10:06:53 AM by gostr8r »
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Chance13

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
Thats what I'm talking about gostr8r!!!!!!

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

mnewfield

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
Kit I ride, buy and wear what ever I damn well please, with the money I earned here, and I am also a Vet. Like others have posted, the ones with an in your face attitude are likely posers anyhow, that only would confront you in front of other wannabees, but not alone. If I were your size I wouldn’t even smile at him at him when I asked him if his name was on the title to MY Raider? ‘No, it isn't? Then shut the f’ up and go try to impress someone else!' >:(

I could not have said it better myself. 

Paladin

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
"Actually the comment was made to WolfRaider.  I was responding to his comment about not worrying and the fact that he has 80,000+ miles on his Raider."

"Bill- Lighten up.  It's not ALWAYS about you."

Thank you! :rolleyes:
Do not fear the night, fear what hunts at night.

FlaRaiderSCL

• 2012 SCL #101
  • V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
I would like to state the ovious guys,  Not all bikes are made equal nor the people who ride them.  WE live in America where freedom of choice also includes our "TOYS" and a great deal of HD owners also own cars and trucks not made by the big 3 auto makers!  Fly the American Flag from your Raider with the same pride as those who fought to give you the right to choose which bike to buy and ride. O8O

ding3k

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
I thought I read on this forum an article that the raider was designed in Canada.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:08:27 PM »
I thought I read on this forum an article that the raider was designed in Canada.

I've never heard that. If you find it post it up.

ding3k

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
I will look. I want to say it was originally created in Canadia and then it was sent over to Japan for approval.

ding3k

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »
Sorry it was a joint process between Japan and Canada. Here is the article.

http://motorcycles.yamahablogs.ca/2008/01/24/birth-of-the-xv-1900-custom-raider-part-2/

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
Nice article.

Had it looked like this I would not have been interested in buying a Raider.

I'm a little confused where he says "Our friends south of the border can and should take most of the credit for the new XV1900 Custom (“aka) “Raider”."

Canada is north of the U.S., so where is he getting "south" from?

ding3k

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
It is a Canadian website so he is talking about the US being south of their border.

Nice article.

Had it looked like this I would not have been interested in buying a Raider.

I'm a little confused where he says "Our friends south of the border can and should take most of the credit for the new XV1900 Custom (“aka) “Raider”."

Canada is north of the U.S., so where is he getting "south" from?

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
When I wear "American jingo garb" while riding my Japanese bike I am supporting and honoring myself as an American, not the bike.  The bike is nothing more then a tool to get this American to and from where ever he is going.

Totally agree with you Bill!
My motto in this regard is: "Worry less and ride more!"  ;)

Considering the number of miles on your Raider, you must worry very little.

Are you kidding Dan?  First, I don't worry about anything, it's counter productive.  Second, Yes, my Raider has very few miles on it but you make it sound like I just let it sit and don't ride.  My bike only has just over 200 miles on it but it's not due to me letting it sit.  I had no control over the time it took for the bike to be built, I was told in April when I ordered it it would possibly be mid June for completion so you would have to address that with Tejas.  I had no control over the Transport company damaging the bike and then taking two months to decide they were going to take responsibility and that would have been much longer if Brent had not gotten involved.  I also had no control over Cruiser Performance taking over two months to not deliver my new bars and was, thanks to Budaman, lucky enough to have found them through another supplier that just happened to have them in their warehouse.  But through it all I have kept positive and will stay that way because I know in the end I will have my bike and will be able to ride it until the wheels fall off.

Yep... in fact... I think we was kidding.   ;D

Actually the comment was made to WolfRaider.  I was responding to his comment about not worrying and the fact that he has 80,000+ miles on his Raider.

Bill- Lighten up.  It's not ALWAYS about you.

Dan My appologies, with all the ribbing I have taken over my bike, many from you...  :rolleyes: I could not help but think it was for me...  :shrug:

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
When I wear "American jingo garb" while riding my Japanese bike I am supporting and honoring myself as an American, not the bike.  The bike is nothing more then a tool to get this American to and from where ever he is going.

Totally agree with you Bill!
My motto in this regard is: "Worry less and ride more!"  ;)

Considering the number of miles on your Raider, you must worry very little.

Are you kidding Dan?  First, I don't worry about anything, it's counter productive.  Second, Yes, my Raider has very few miles on it but you make it sound like I just let it sit and don't ride.  My bike only has just over 200 miles on it but it's not due to me letting it sit.  I had no control over the time it took for the bike to be built, I was told in April when I ordered it it would possibly be mid June for completion so you would have to address that with Tejas.  I had no control over the Transport company damaging the bike and then taking two months to decide they were going to take responsibility and that would have been much longer if Brent had not gotten involved.  I also had no control over Cruiser Performance taking over two months to not deliver my new bars and was, thanks to Budaman, lucky enough to have found them through another supplier that just happened to have them in their warehouse.  But through it all I have kept positive and will stay that way because I know in the end I will have my bike and will be able to ride it until the wheels fall off.

Yep... in fact... I think we was kidding.   ;D

Actually the comment was made to WolfRaider.  I was responding to his comment about not worrying and the fact that he has 80,000+ miles on his Raider.

Bill- Lighten up.  It's not ALWAYS about you.

Dan My appologies, with all the ribbing I have taken over my bike, many from you...  :rolleyes: I could not help but think it was for me...  :shrug:

Nope.  I wasn't even aware that WolfRaider was quoting you.  I was just responding to his comment.  It wasn't meant to be negative to anyone.

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:54:56 PM »

http://motorcycles.yamahablogs.ca/2008/01/24/birth-of-the-xv-1900-custom-raider-part-2/

From my read it was designed here in the States by Yamaha Motor USA.
Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »

From my read it was designed here in the States by Yamaha Motor USA.

I didn't see that.  I saw that it's tested in the U.S., but then they stated "Any issues or concerns will be reported back to Yamaha Motor Canada for improvement.", so that would leave me to believe the designers were in Canada.

No wonder we have so many members from the Great White North on this forum.