Author Topic: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?  (Read 10085 times)

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Re: "USA" proud on a Yamaha?
« Reply #45 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »
I got that from part 1 of that article.

"Made in Japan right? Not so fast! Made in Japan yes, but conceived and designed in the USA."
Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #46 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »
    I got that from part 1 of that article.

"Made in Japan right? Not so fast! Made in Japan yes, but conceived and designed in the USA."

You're right!  I didn't go to that article, but it definitely states it was designed in the U.S.

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #47 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:34:18 pm »
    Dan My appologies, with all the ribbing I have taken over my bike, many from you...  :rolleyes: I could not help but think it was for me...  :shrug:

Most people include the body of the quotes as backing for their comment on the last post in the quote  :)

• Advertisement

silverstreak

"USA" proud on a Yamaha?
      « Reply #48 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:12:21 pm »
      A bit of a tirade by a Disabled U.S. Army Vet... Likely to get deleted or moved to the back room.

Made in America?

That's become such a lame argument, bordering on racism.

was this you or from someone else?  either way how is the subject of race any part of the argument of made in america?  i think many people need to visit a dictionary.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2012, 02:01:00 am by TOXIC »

woodog

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #49 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:24:55 pm »
      Kit I ride, buy and wear what ever I damn well please, with the money I earned here, and I am also a Vet. Like others have posted, the ones with an in your face attitude are likely posers anyhow, that only would confront you in front of other wannabees, but not alone. If I were your size I wouldn’t even smile at him at him when I asked him if his name was on the title to MY Raider? ‘No, it isn't? Then shut the f’ up and go try to impress someone else!' >:(

'''Exactly too the words right out of my mouth!!!
      Woodog..Patriot Raider...Marine... MGySgt.  Semper Fidelis

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012-13-14
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #50 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
      Wow - designed and tested in Canada & the US of A.  What could be more American - in fact - "North American" - than that?   Then they added in the best motorcyle engineering and techology from Yamaha to come up with a Super-Cruiser.

It is accepted knowledge that the Raider design is heavily infuenced by Harley classics.  Also great.  It's more Harley looking than a Harley.  That's why we are asked so often:  "Is that a Harley?"  What they are really saying and thinking is: "Wow - what a beautiful bike".

Now about that Harley image - built in the USA (wrong).  And many of the owners (posers) want to identify with that brand - good for you.  Good cult members. :notworthy: Far above the Scooter/Moped riff-raff.  Stately members of Harley High Society... so impectably dressed for the occassion of being seen (or should I say scene)

But we are Riders.  We are Raiders.  We are Raider Riders !  And our credo is Ride - enjoy our Raiders - enjoy our Rallies - meet our Brothers - explore far off roads - leap over mountains - burn up the twisties - fly across our pavement skies  - and rack up the miles.  Thousands and thousands of trouble free miles on our trusted "Thunder Horse's".  We live freedom.

That's the way I see it and I ride my Raider proudly... weaing my beautiful leather jacket that I've had for 15 years made in China; my Allpenstar boots made in Vietnam; my brain bucket made in Vietnam; my chaps made in Pakistan; or my Cortech denim riding jacket made in China; my vest made in China; my long sleve, white, hot-weather T-shirt made in Canada; my snap/button denim shirt made in Bangladesh (of all places); and my gloves that were made in Canada, Australia and Tawain.

But best of all...  the prototype... the mother of all Raiders that  follow - was Tommy Blue.  Hell maybe it's the one I own.  Now don't argue about color my children... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ya Gotta Luv It !
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 08:39:34 pm by CoastalTrader »

"Life... it's all about the ride."

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »
      It’s like someone giving you a hard time about the meal you ordered and paid for. What business is it of theirs what I buy to eat? A coworker one time wouldn’t shut up about the hash browns I got once at a Waffle House that were ‘Scattered, chunked, covered, diced, topped, and etc, etc,. I finally asked if ,he was picking up the tab for  my meal and when he said noI replied ‘Then why don’t you quit bitching and let me enjoy me food?' :o
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

PC-Raider

• Warrior
      « Reply #52 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:05:09 am »
      When I wear "American jingo garb" while riding my Japanese bike I am supporting and honoring myself as an American, not the bike.  The bike is nothing more then a tool to get this American to and from where ever he is going.

I couldn't agree more Bill!

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:43:56 am »
      Most of my comments would only echo those already made:  Global economy, ride what you want, wear what you want, etc.  If being patriotic on a Raider is hypocritical then I'm a hypocryte, but I'll ride my Raider with red, white, and blue pinstripes to a Patriot guard event wearing my vest emblazoned with USA-related patches and park it right next to the Harleys, Victorys, Kawasakis, Suzukies, and other Yamahas.  Love that bunch of hypocrytes. 

Kit Sullivan

• Warrior
      « Reply #54 on: Nov 28, 2012, 07:05:52 am »
      I love these answers! I knew this topic would get heated...

By the way, I agree with most here: I am an American, and proud to spend my money on whatevet I want.
      "If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

silverstreak

« Reply #55 on: Nov 28, 2012, 07:28:45 am »

By the way, I agree with most here: I am an American, and proud to spend my money on whatevet I want.

wouldnt expect any less. we are red blooded americans, most vets, who love this country and will represent! we take riding and our country serious!

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Warrior
      « Reply #56 on: Nov 28, 2012, 08:39:09 am »

I'm glad you feel that way and are not upset about the turn this thread has taken. It has strayed a bit from your original question (like most topics do) as it seems we may all have been in that situation where people want to try and make us feel "less than" because we don't ride the "original" motorcycle. I love it when some a$$hat on a Harley says real riders only ride Harleys. That's when I proceed to ask if he ever rides in the rain (no), or when it's butt-ass cold outside (no). I rode my YAMAHA Virago to work for 4 years in the rain, cold, whatever when I was an enlisted man in the USAF because military pay is so low I couldn't afford a car AND feed my wife and kid. So when you (the guy on the Harley) can say that... we can talk about a REAL motorcycle rider.

BTW. A real motorcycle rider rides anything he can. I was never so happy as to find a 65CC Honda I could ride while I was TDY to Thailand!
      Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

woodog

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #57 on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:06:29 am »
      Hmmmm...Thailand ..love that place
      Woodog..Patriot Raider...Marine... MGySgt.  Semper Fidelis

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2012, 10:49:02 am »
      Hmmmm...Thailand ..love that place

:agree: Great Place, Great food, Great Women, Great...  :rolleyes:

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2012, 11:54:48 am »

wouldnt expect any less. we are red blooded americans, most vets, who love this country and will represent! we take riding and our country serious!

I've learned that ...  :)