Custom Raider

Author Topic: V&H 2-2 baffle removal  (Read 781 times)

Hoser

• Hoser
  • 2012 ROM Winner
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
V&H 2-2 baffle removal
« on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
I know their has been a few guys that have pulled the factory baffles on the Vance 2-2 and I wanted to know what you used to do this.
I've done everything the guys at Vance told me to do and I can't get either of them to budge.
Should I heat the pipes up with a torch, I'm thinking that 2 years of carbon build up and the heating/cooling has taken its toll.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

me

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
Re: V&H 2-2 baffle removal
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
I just sprayed bolt loose let sit about 15 min, came rite out with pliers, I am the second owner of the pipes
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 10:36:40 AM by me »

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »
Any where sell some aftermarket baffles for them ? The girly said their a bit to loud when i am goin slow ? Me personally i like em.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
Any where sell some aftermarket baffles for them ? The girly said their a bit to loud when i am goin slow ? Me personally i like em.

No baffles needed . Just remove rear seat and listen to the sweet music of the pipes .
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »

No baffles needed . Just remove rear seat and listen to the sweet music of the pipes .
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I have big plans...

69quadracer

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
I pulled my baffels about 2 weeks after i put them on, had a ringie sound to them didn't much care for, and there were a bitch to get out, made a slide hammer with a small hook that slid up into the baffel and put the hook into one of the slots yanked on it 4 or 5 times and out it come. when i reinstalled there is a 1" cap on the end that goes in first that has 3 tac welds on them, cut the welds with a dremal tool and cut off wheel sounds great and seemed to run a little better. Trying to post a pic but my photobucket is acting up, used a piece of 3/8" threaded rod about 3' long welded a hardened steel hook to the end, cut a piece of 1" steel pipe put on the other end then a big fender washer and a couple 3/8" nuts locked down to give the pipe something to stop against, took about 5 mins to make.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2012, 04:33:05 PM by 69quadracer »

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :flame: :flame: :geebop: .
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

GenDis

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »
I have tried to pound my baffles out and theyre in pretty tight. I havent taken the pipes off yet. Any suggestions without taking the pipes off?

Edit:  NVM.  FINALLY GOT THEM OUT!!

will probably order a set of BCT thunder monsters.  Just doesn't sound right running straight pipes. Loud as hell, but just sounds like somethings is off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2013, 04:22:25 PM by GenDis »